You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Players require help

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
edited May 2018 in Poker Chat
@steveysee & @p_blase are seeing this when they try to log-in, can any of our techy-minded readers assist, please?

The problem does not appear to be widespread, as Customer Care have not received any contacts & Uniques yesterday were pretty much as expected.

If anyone can assist our friends, it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    I'm not the best tech going but I might have an idea.

What internet connection is being used (wifi or wired) and what is your internet connection speed? I'm on WiFi here and I sometimes get repeated 'network error' pop up when the signal strength isn't the best or the GF is watching Towie on her iPad again. The client does seem to require more of a solid internet connection than a lot of other poker clients, or possible demands more from a connection than others do (like I said, not the techiest of people).

If possible I would suggest both try to log in from a wired connection if they haven't before and let us know what happens.

Also what are the basic specs of the devices being used to attempt to log in?
  • Options

Thanks @TommyD

I'm not techie either, but a while back when I was having problems with my wifi download rate, I had exactly the same problem. And yes, it's quite possible that the Sky Poker client is more demanding than many others as to wifi strength.

FWIW, a wired connection is always the better option where possible.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    Bandwidth won't be an issue unless you're on dial up, even then should be no problem. To ping login servers should happen in a fraction of a second and that should be job done. Do p_blase and stevey live near each other or are with the same isp? Are you using vpns for Edge, IE or anything else? Strangely you can obviously login to the site which probably uses the same servers.

Also, I get this network error when i try to login to sky client after my pc has been left to go to sleep. I need to force close the client and restart to login again.
  • Options

Thanks @kapowblamz , appreciated.

I'm sure there is an easy answer to this, & that, working as a team, we can find it.

Keep the suggestions coming, please.

Pretty sure @mumsie & @NoseyBonk will be along later, too, both are always very helpful with these sort of conundrums.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    I've always had these messages.

If I get the network error message I know that it is about to crash. This can cause problems in the later stages of a DYM.
  • Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 209
    Im on mac i had the same issue, i uninstalled skypoker then when to download screen to reinstall.It asked me to install adobe air runtime first, then downloaded the skypoker client and now it works again (the client at least opens now but havent played any games yet).
  • Options
    p_blasep_blase Member Posts: 54
    ive bought a 2nd hand lap top today and am getting same problem so i'm guessing my internet connection is at fault.
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    I have this problem quite often a couple of times a day. Actually think I need a new router, but yes, issue is always corrected by restarting my router. Happens both wired and wirelessly. I quite often check the traffic for the wifi channel I'm on in my area. I have software (free online) that checks the traffic and I can change traffic lanes, but apparently a simple restart of your router should automatically put you into the best channel if you don't want to go to the hassle.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Thanks for the shout out TK.

I can't think how I can recreate this on my PC. When I get this network error, I just close the window and everything works, everything even works whilst this error pops up, so it never concerns me.

Wracking my brain here.

Was there this same issue 2-3 yrs ago and we were all rolling back Adobe air?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,649
    always a wired connection for me unless i play an odd game on me phone i get the network error regularly two or three times one after the other , nothing stops everything is running i do what mumsie does and close them down and its if nothing happend
    its a weird one
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,247
    Only g3et the network error when I'm multi tabling with a weak signal. then I have to close down and re log in usually takes about 45 seconds.
  • Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    Im on a lined connection too, its not the normal network error i get when the lobby doesnt work and the client freezes that everyone has had for years, its now at startup instant network error and if i close it, it just stays on initialising page, im able to open about 7 or 8 other poker sites and play there, so im not sure if it is something wrong with my connection.
  • Options
    steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    sky tech support eh, but the last issue wasnt that big because theyre creating a new site right?
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    pretty sure updating Adobe should fix it... wont randonly stop it happening when still connected though.

Also does this every time my screen saver pops on which is annoying during breaks
  • Options
    LittleGJLittleGJ Member Posts: 14
    my adobe up to date and still having problems
  • Options
    LittleGJLittleGJ Member Posts: 14
    works fine on another laptop using same wifi