You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Bet Android Query - Please Help

PhillipdjjohnPhillipdjjohn Member Posts: 2
I’ve recently just got an android phone (Hauwei P20 Pro) and I’ve found that when I get goal notifications, unlike my iPhone i don’t get any sound notifications at all which is really annoying.

Is this an issue for all android phones please?

Any feedback be really appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462

I’ve recently just got an android phone (Hauwei P20 Pro) and I’ve found that when I get goal notifications, unlike my iPhone i don’t get any sound notifications at all which is really annoying.

Is this an issue for all android phones please?

Any feedback be really appreciated!

Idk about the specific model but my Samsung Galaxy S7 defo can make sounds when receiving a push notification, so you've probably got your notification volume muted. Wouldn't surprise me if it's muted by default - Most people I know mute their push notifications because of the amount of them you get from various apps, it'd just be annoying to have your phone make noises every two minutes.

There'll be something somewhere in your settings to turn it up, presumably.

You'll probs get more useful responses if the thread is moved to the right section btw - @Tikay10 ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,667
    "You'll probs get more useful responses if the thread is moved to the right section btw - @Tikay10 ?"

Good point @EvilPingu

The correct section is probably Tech Queries or somesuch, but I've moved it here - Poker Chat - where it will get most views.

Pretty sure you have already given the correct reply - he just needs to turn notification sounds on. Think he'll soon want to mute them though, the constant pinging would do my head in.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    Can offer no help on this occasion. I haven't caught up with the world of these fancy modern portables. Mine is so old it does pulse dialling, and it certainly can't connect to the internet B)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    After seeing this, I've downloaded the Android app, and I find I can't generate any sounds either, ive tried switching switches on and off, still no inhamei sounds. I've gone under the bonnet on the Android and tweaked notifications , still nothing.

I'll have another tinker later.

I've also got a Huawei mobile perhaps it's exclusive to these phones, I remember getting sounds when I used the app on a Samsung a while back..

@Phillipdjjohn

• Options
    PhillipdjjohnPhillipdjjohn Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much guys. I think it’s a Sky Bet app Issue thy haven’t configured sounds for android