You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ProPokerTools PQL

step7step7 Member Posts: 298
Any one tried getting to grips with the PQL side of ProPokerTools?
I think it has the potential to be a thing of wonder for off table homework.

Any one interested in sharing insights please message me - would like to form a "study group" if that is within the forum rules.

Think this might be a bit heavy for most forum users as it requires a fair bit of technical nous and good pinch of geekery, so discussion via messaging would be best - again if I'm allowed to make that invitation within the forum rules.

The documentation for PQL is pretty poor so I'm writing my own guide - which I'm willing to share with PQL users that show enough interest and can show the ability to contribute to a knowledge pool.

Examples seem a bit far and few between - maybe I haven't searched deep enough, I know there are some on http://www.propokertools.com/pql but looking for 100s not just a handful and the more "exotic" the better.

I'm looking to solve things like how often a weak passive range has a gutshot on the flop for example.

Get in touch any PQL bods out there!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262

@step7

Any one interested in sharing insights please message me - would like to form a "study group" if that is within the forum rules.

Think this might be a bit heavy for most forum users as it requires a fair bit of technical nous and good pinch of geekery, so discussion via messaging would be best - again if I'm allowed to make that invitation within the forum rules.

That does not offend any Forum Rules whatsoever.

You might also consider doing it as Forum thread - you might be pleasantly surprised by the level of input & feedback.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well the thread is here!
    I won't make the "guide" public yet as I'm hoping ProPokerTools will take me up on the offer of updating their puss-poor documentation in return for a massive discount on the cost of a full license :p

My starter for 10, answering my own puzzle of "How often does weak-passive flop a gutshot"
    select count(outsToHandType(wp, flop, straight) = 4) as flopped_gutshot
    from game="holdem", wp="10%-65%"
    So now I know I can look forward to flopping a gutshot on average 10% of the time with my limp-calling range! woop woop Bring on those C-Bets you crazy isolators :p
  • Options
    As expected.. overwhelming response, putting 2+2 B) together this isn't the right forum for this kind of stuff :)