You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    Jac35 said:

Just booked a golf trip
    Amazing value
    £299 for Kingsbarns and Dumbarnie Links and B&B

Anyone played at either of the above?
    T

Jac35 said:

Just booked a golf trip
    Amazing value
    £299 for Kingsbarns and Dumbarnie Links and B&B

Anyone played at either of the above?

We’ve booked an extra night too so looking for another course. Any ideas? Lundin looks a decent shout and not too expensive

Hi Paul @Jac35 ......I've not played in that part of Scotland, but everyone says KINGSBARNS is fantastic. Lundin Links (I think) and Leven, and Ladybank used to be used as British Open qualifying courses, so all will be good tests.

Jimi/Neil @HENDRIK62 will be the man to point you in the right direction.

Have a great time and I hope the weather's good for you :)
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Hope you enjoy your time in The Kingdom Of Fife jac35. I have played Lundin links and it is a fantastic course as are those suggested by misty. There is a lovely course I really like at 'Elie' only a few miles south of st'andrews. You are not far from Carnoustie either if you are staying in the North of Fife. Of those suggested I would definitely favour Ladybank considering the time of year you are visiting.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    Kingsbarns is a tremendous place and although I have not yet played Dumbarnie, I have not heard a bad word about it, everyone that has played it loved it.
    £299 is great value, you are literally spoilt for choice in that neck of the woods, not one bad course has been mentioned, Crail is also worth a game and I love the Castle Course at St Andrews although it is a bit marmite IMO it is great fun.
    ps. don't tell Harry you're going to Scotland
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Bad news
    Kingsbarns have now told us they can’t accommodate us

Booking 18 at Royal Cromer, 36 at Sheringham and 18 Hunstanton
    2 night stay
    £370 seems decent
    Comedy golf booking firm

Sheringham can’t accommodate us now

But it’s like we’ve won the main now instead of the mini

Booked and confirmed!
    Gullane 1, Gullane 3, North Berwick, Dunbar

I’ve always wanted to play North Berwick as it looks incredible. I’ve had a knock at the other course in North Berwick, Glen.a few times. That’s a good fun course but this one is the real deal
    I’ve played Gullane 2 and 3 before but never the main course
    Dunbar is another i have played before and it’s excellent

2 nights at the Ducks Inn as well and all for £350 which is £20 cheaper than the Norfolk break

All smiles here
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,750

"All smiles here"

Who hacked his account?

edited September 2020
    Tikay10 said:

"All smiles here"

Who hacked his account?

Nobody
    Poker is still a bag of shite but i’m past caring

However, golf is good.
    Played despicably badly on Sunday and came 3rd for a tenner and got my handicap cut.
    23 putts for the round helps 😀
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267
    As the old saying goes 'drive for show, putt for........£10'

Jac35 said:

Comedy golf booking firm

Booked and confirmed!

I’ve always wanted to play North Berwick as it looks incredible. I’ve had a knock at the other course in North Berwick, Glen.a few times. That’s a good fun course but this one is the real deal

2 nights at the Ducks Inn as well and all for £350 which is £20 cheaper than the Norfolk break

All smiles here

I used to go to Gullane every year. Absolutely LOVE it there <3

You'll really enjoy North Berwick, chipping over stone walls, and I doubt you will ever have seen anything like the 16th green.... it's AMAZING, and it's pretty much 9 holes straight out, and 9 holes straight back.

Gullane 1 is fabulous too. It's a really good test, especially if the winds blowing. Love Dunbar too, so to say I'm jealous is an understatement.

Try and play Goswick on the way home. We always used to as it broke the journey back to Sheffield up nicely. Did you go and have a look at the course when you were holidaying in Berwick-on-Tweed?
    MISTY4ME said:

Jac35 said:

Comedy golf booking firm

Booked and confirmed!

All smiles here

I used to go to Gullane every year. Absolutely LOVE it there <3

You'll really enjoy North Berwick, chipping over stone walls, and I doubt you will ever have seen anything like the 16th green.... it's AMAZING, and it's pretty much 9 holes straight out, and 9 holes straight back.

Gullane 1 is fabulous too. It's a really good test, especially if the winds blowing. Love Dunbar too, so to say I'm jealous is an understatement.

Try and play Goswick on the way home. We always used to as it broke the journey back to Sheffield up nicely. Did you go and have a look at the course when you were holidaying in Berwick-on-Tweed? </p>
    Hi Jez

Yeah i’m really looking forward to it

Not sure i’d have got away with looking at golf courses on holiday :)
    We’re a bit short on time so we won’t be able to play Goswick. It’s on the to do list for another time though
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    At least the footy season has started which has to be something to feel happy about?
    When are you going up to North Berwick, or have you been? @Jac35
    edited September 2020
    Not until the beginning of November, Jez

edited September 2020
    Sad news this morning for Derby fans.
    It was brilliant as kids. I played for Mickleover Athletic and we had Tommy Powell as our Manager. Reg managed Field Lane. We obviously had heard about them but we weren’t star struck. The Dads however were in awe of the two of them. I guess for them it was the equivalent to watching an Under 14s game on the Racecourse and having Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in charge

Jac35 said:

You won't be getting 3 rounds in, on one day then.

Probably one of the best days of my golfing life was on one of our trips there, playing 2 rounds at Muirfield, I shot 73 (+2) in the morning, fantastic lunch, then foursomes in the afternoon, and then a round at North Berwick, where I shot 68 (-3 under) ..... and no we didn't finish after 15 holes! ...... I even drove the 18th green in virtual darkness

..... WONDERFUL memories :)

I'm sure you will enjoy it, even in November
    edited September 2020
    I’ve become a little addicted to a page where people share old photos of Derby. I loved these two recently.

4 Babington Lane, Derby, DE1 1SU
    Opened as the Midland Electric Theatre on 27th July 1910 with a programme of shorts: “Farmyard Friends”, “Soap in His Eyes”, “Cupid in a Motorboat”, and a colour documentary “North German Lloyds Steamboats”.

People were definitely a bit smarter dressed back then. I remember my Mum sending me back upstairs to get changed and smarten up before going into town

Now that’s a proper buffet cart. I think I’d rather get a latte from Camp Coffee than Costa

That 2nd photo is utterly fabulous.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,012

Orkney island of Westray claims to have UK's longest golf hole

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-54233377

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Jac35 said:

Links golf in Scotland in November? GL with that madness.