You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    gregkdy82 said:

Jac35 said:

Not until the beginning of November, Jez

Links golf in Scotland in November? GL with that madness.
    Yeah, it’s a bit of a gamble. But it always is with the weather in this Country.
    I played in Wales at Nefyn, Royal St David’s, Aberdovey and Porthmadog at the end of March about 5 years ago. We got sunburnt!
    The following year I went up to Turnbery at exactly the same time of year and the course was closed due to snow.
    We went back at the end of May and it was 3 degrees and torrential rain.

I don’t mind if it’s cold. Just have to hope to avoid much rain
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Orkney island of Westray claims to have UK's longest golf hole

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-54233377

Ha, that could be fun. I guess if you get your drive away it becomes a short par 5 though.
    I think the longest par 5 I’ve played is at a nice little course in Uttoxeter. It’s just over 600 yards uphill.

• Options
    MrCoxyMrCoxy Member Posts: 234
    If anyone is in the milton keynes area i can strongly reccomend Aspley guise & Woburn sands golf club for a visit. Not a long course but a course you have to think your way around and always in great condition.
  • Options
    MrCoxy said:

If anyone is in the milton keynes area i can strongly reccomend Aspley guise & Woburn sands golf club for a visit. Not a long course but a course you have to think your way around and always in great condition.

Might swerve them
    Me and thinking don’t go well together 😀
  • Options
    Woke up this morning to some sad news in Derby this morning
    One of local infant schools In Mickleover burned down in the night. This is just two days after a primary school at Darley Abbey, about 3 miles away, was destroyed by fire.

The causes aren’t known yet but it’s very hard to believe that it might be coincidence

There are some terrible people in the world
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shot 75 yesterday afternoon

So with a golf break coming up it’s a bit like Dym streak week

“Fkn Hold!!!!”

Saw the weather in the Scottish Open on Saturday and text my mate to say he might need to invest in some waterproofs
    Reply “Already on it mate, just ordered a new bag, a new trolley an umbrella and some waterproofs”

Bit excessive i thought

As always seems to be the case i won’t make priority. Just not enough hours in the day. Doing 2/3 hours a day and i’m way behind the pace already

It’s gone well so far but with two days left i’m expecting to be overtaken at the £5s and maybe drop another couple of places at the £10s

I’ve found the lower stakes tougher for some reason. Although there’s still a fair bit of value with players like @bbmike and @summers119 playing a lot of games. Going to play a lot more of them tonight and tomorrow
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Get it quietly, Paul
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Didn’t hold :(

Pipped by Lewis on the last day.
    Great result from @sircryptic though. He’s a great player and puts in proper volume. Very well played mate

£533 from the promotion is very welcome though and i’ll try again this week
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Cheers Paul. Fantastic results by you as well, had to get super lucky to pip you. Gl gl this week.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Managed to sell my house before going on the market yesterday :)
    Had 2 estate agents round who said the same price. The 3rd one came and said that before he started he had a buyer at the price the other two had said. A relative of one of the staff
    They came, they saw, they offered. Considering i’ve only been there 18 months i’ve made a nice amount on it.

Now got to get the house in Crich that we’re after.

Golf going well. Needed a new stick but was being sensible.
    Won £70 at dyms in a couple of hours last night and thought sod it and bought the club as it was now heavily discounted :)

Don’t think i’ve got any streaks particularly. Only played the 2 nights since last Tuesday. On a little £11 streak when i resume
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

Wow, what a dream it must be to live in Crich.

I've spent many a happy hour at Crich Stand where rumour has it on a clear day you can see America, or Wales, or somesuch. You can certainly see East Midlands Power Station.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Wow, what a dream it must be to live in Crich.

I've spent many a happy hour at Crich Stand where rumour has it on a clear day you can see America, or Wales, or somesuch. You can certainly see East Midlands Power Station.

You can certainly see Lincoln Cathedral from there. And if you’re lucky, Timmy spending all his dym winnings in Boston High Street.

Played a bit last night. One of those nights. Came through relatively unscathed considering
    It’s a little irritating when you’re on a small streak and bubble. Particularly when you’re the short stack and limp from sb with KK knowing the nutcase in the bb will shove.
    He duly obliged with the 84
    Gg me
    Careful what you wish for i suppose
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Had a fun chat with he of the multiple “Sky is rigged” threads, Benhur

It was good natured

Bvb he raised pre in the first level. I called with 10 J and flopped the 10. He check called flop and turn. On the river Ace i checked back and he won with AK
    I put a smiley and mentioned that he must have thought he was ahead the whole way.

He replied that he’d adapted to my game as just recently i’d improved a bit.

Very nice of him i thought

Mmmchips seemed to enjoy the exchange
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Had a fun chat with he of the multiple “Sky is rigged” threads, Benhur

It was good natured

Bvb he raised pre in the first level. I called with 10 J and flopped the 10. He check called flop and turn. On the river Ace i checked back and he won with AK
    I put a smiley and mentioned that he must have thought he was ahead the whole way.

He replied that he’d adapted to my game as just recently i’d improved a bit.

Very nice of him i thought

Mmmchips seemed to enjoy the exchange

@mmmchips is one of the funniest guys I've ever met. Very witty, very sharp & on occasion, very cutting. If you share tables with him again any time soon, give him my best regards please.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Last night was decent
    Needed it as I had my once a year blow up on Sunday night. Managed to get through £450 from mtts and spins.

Was reasonably relaxed about it strangely. I had £257 in my account so decided on punting 2 mtts and when I bust those I was going to concentrate on dyms for the rest of the month and get it back gradually
    I guess it helped that I was still comfortably in the black for the month due to the dym promo

I managed a 2nd in the £22 which gave me a good start and fair chunk of the losses back. I was plodding in the main not really getting going but not struggling either,

I snuck into the cash with about 10 bigs and then 2 hands in quick succession put me in good shape.
    Shoved A10 for 10bbs and doubled v KJ. 2 hands later the button limped which was unusual for him and raised alarm bells. I had 67 and saw a pleasant 6 7 K flop. We got it in and he had Aces and I held to be up to 120k

I was at this point doing marvellously for head prizes. 0
    I had a chance when @loosecamel who had been crippled the hand before shoved 10 2 when I had Jacks.
    Still no bounty after that hand 😄

We got to 7 and I was ruing my luck that I was 3 handed with lollolool, who had all the chips and GSmith. The other table was fairly weak.
    Fortunately that didn’t last long and we were down to 6

Had a great spot when a short stack shoved and another player tried to isolate. I had QQ and finally took a bounty and was pretty huge 3 handed
    Very next hand the now short stack shoved and I reshoved with a rag ace. Lololol woke up with QQs this time and we didn’t get there but we were heads up with similar stacks

Heads up took a while and the chip lead fluctuated

We got it in when we both had top pair. I was outkicked but had a gut shot. Didn’t hit my straight but rivering 2 pair was ok.

Happy to recover Sunday’s losses and have a bit left over so quickly.

Golfed this afternoon. Absolutely knackered now and going to bed soon. I’m writing this as Derby’s game is on. That’s how good it is. Tactical masterstroke from Cocu tonight. We’ve scored 2 goals all season so we thought we’d go into tonight’s game with no centre forward
  • Options

"We got to 7 and I was ruing my luck that I was 3 handed with lollolool, who had all the chips and GSmith. The other table was fairly weak.
    Fortunately that didn’t last long and we were down to 6"

Nightmare, & just as well it never lasted long, they are both well mean.

Lovely result, pleased for you.
  • Options
    biggirlbiggirl Member Posts: 68
    Good blog @Jac35. Enjoyed playing against the likes of you, @gregkdy82 @Mayhem357 etc Recently. Very good player. Hope I haven’t donated too much to that increasing bankroll
  • Options
    biggirl said:

Good blog @Jac35. Enjoyed playing against the likes of you, @gregkdy82 @Mayhem357 etc Recently. Very good player. Hope I haven’t donated too much to that increasing bankroll

Thanks very much @biggirl

You e got a strong Dym game yourself
  • Options
    It’s been a busy week. Only played once since Monday. Doubt I’ll be playing tonight but will then play next few days.

Melissa is now sold as well. We’ve had an offer accepted on a house in Crich. I fear we’ll miss out though as there’s a cash buyer who’s offered the same as us.
    Off to view a really nice looking house in Little Eaton this afternoon. Way above what we wanted to pay but it looks fabulous

The new golf handicap system begins in November
    I’ve just received my new handicap. 6.4
    It’s a bit low I feel. I don’t know yet but I assume it will be more fluid than the previous system. It’s so complicated with all manner of things now determining your handicap. Course slope rating etc

I guess as with all things new it will be difficult at first but before long it will be much better than how it was done before

Derby are still toss but I think we were robbed last night
  • Options

"Melissa is now sold as well."

Seems harsh.