You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Really appreciate the nice comments guys. Thank you

Just played a bit tonight
    Had a great month so have to take this one on the chin. Ran scary bad.
    Lost £120 in no time
    Played 12 dyms ans lost the 1st 11. Not sure i’ve ever had that kind of run before without cashing.
    With banks not being overly fond of poker i won’t be depositing until mortgage is approved and that’s next Thursday

With £30.80 in account it looks as though i’ll be hitting the £3 dym grind :)
  • sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 51
    Congrats on the engagement Paul, all the best Brother.
  • benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    refreshing to know that some of the better players have a bad dym streak. thats hard lines. good luck in your new home
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    Congratulations Paul-beautiful ring.

Oh nearly forgot-commiserations to Melissa :)
    edited November 2020
    Derby takeover expected today.
    I’m not sure what it means these days in the championship to have mega rich owners. They’re still bound by FFP so i can’t see how we can suddenly start spending millions again

It looks like the end for Cocu.
    Being Derby and being a laughing stock it’s no surprise that he’s now in self isolation after meeting with the Chief Executive who has now tested positive for Coronavirus
    Sacked by Zoom may be a first

Played some poker last night
    Bankroll got to the dizzy heights of £43.20 from the £30.80 i started with
    So exercising disciplined bankroll management I entered the mini
    Didn’t win
    Bankroll £32.20
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Yer punching well above your weight there jac. Congrats.
    gregkdy82 said:

Yer punching well above your weight there jac. Congrats.

Very true

I think it’s my happy go lucky attitude to life that won her over
    edited November 2020
    Good news and bad news

Bad news was that I had 500k 3 handed and they had about 50k each and I didn’t win it.
    Came 2nd
    Will try my utmost not to have nightmares about that

Good news is that my bankroll was £14.80 at the start of play with a £2.20 token as well
    Played a £5 and a 3 Dym and lost both
    Entered the £5.50 6.30bh and a 28p and a 50p dym :)
    Won the dyms and the 2nd in the mtt means my bankroll is now a slightly healthier £181.84
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,853

I think you get a kick out of flirting with busto-ness. Incred how many times you are down to fumes & get out of it.
    Tikay10 said:

I think you get a kick out of flirting with busto-ness. Incred how many times you are down to fumes & get out of it.

My mistake is i withdraw too often so from time to time i go right down to next to nothing
    Bit different this time as i couldn’t really deposit with mortgage stuff happening

Must admit it was a buzz when i started to take heads and work up from £1.79 sitting in my account :)
    edited November 2020
    I’ve just noticed that i’ve now played on Sky for 10 years and 5 days.
    Quite a lots happened in that time.
    At the time i signed up i had played on many sites.

My first dip into poker online, i’d played a lot live before that, was playing a nightly freeroll on Party Poker. I recall that i was very nervous about putting credit details online.

I played all the crypto skins. What a time for poker that was. I signed up to everything through Raketherake and they would give you all manner of bonuses. Then you would get a standard 30% rakeback from the skin you were playing on. Then you would get huge easily achievable sign up bonuses. Breaking even each month but putting in ok volume would result in a very decent amount coming in each month.

Crypto disappeared :( and i played a little on Stars but didn’t really
    like it at the time. I started playing a lot on Full Tilt. I really liked the software and did pretty well on there. Then Black Friday happened in April 2011.
    Sad times. I was playing a lot live at the time and not so much online. I didn’t really know how much i had in my account.
    I flirted around a few other sites for a while. I eventually got a payment from Full Tilt when Stars took it over and it was a big surprise at how much i had in there :)

I’d seen Sky but always stayed away from it as i didn’t think it looked to be very good. But i gave it a go and had some early successes. Then after a few months i found the forum and started posting a bit. I was quite nervous about doing that but everyone seemed very friendly.

I didn’t really bother with the TV side of Sky Poker. I used to watch Poker Night Live and was a bit starstruck when i saw Tikay at Gala Notts. I was chatting to Maria at the bar. Tony knew her and came over and we were introduced and he bought me a drink. So i quite liked him after that

Standard ramble :)
    I certainly didn’t consider that i’d still be playing on Sky for 10 years. But i’m still a fan and don’t play anywhere else these days.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Hi Paul,
    Wondered if you or @Tikay10 had seen the video clip of John Rham skimming his tee shot across the pond at the 16th at Augusta. Not only does he succeed but he holes it as well. It’s on the BBC sport website and thought you would both get a kick out of it. ( if I was not a techno dinosaur , I would know how to post it here for folks to see it )

@pompeynic @Jac35

Here you go.

Outrageous luck, that.

I wish I could take to Jon Rahm, but he just does not do much for me personality-wise. Great golfer though, clearly. Can't ever recall backing him though, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPuubH04Zw
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    To be fair he was trying to skim it across the pond and onto the green, apparently they all have a go during the practice rounds, but to hole in one it was a bit special or outrageous luck, as @Tikay10 would have it.
    edited November 2020
    Yeah i saw it :)

Fowler had just had a go and it plugged in the bank.

Rahm also had a hole in one the day before in practice too!

The press at Augusta are hideous.
    Dustin Johnson was doing a press conference and they asked him all kinds of ridiculous questions. I loved his answer to one question which wasn’t actually that bad

“Favourite thing about the Masters?”

“The sandwiches”
    Just realised that i can’t do rather basic maths

It’s 9 years and 5 days since i started on Sky
    edited November 2020
    Sad news about Maradona
    Best footballer i’ve ever seen

I don’t get why people love online poker series so much. I play no more or no less when they’re on
    Am i missing something?

As far as i’m concerned there’s enough mtts as it is for me. I’m only going to play 5 max in an evening so an extra few doesn’t really interest me
    They create bigger fields but i quite like the standard runner fields we have here. If i wanted huge numbers playing mtts then i could play on Stars
    Due to the smart but conservative guarantees there’s never going to be any overlay on Sky

I just don’t see the attraction. But i’m obviously in the minority as they do very well

I haven’t play much this month. 1400 points.So £217 up is ok i guess

McClaren back at Derby!
    I was a huge fan of his but this is just ridiculous. His new role doesn’t seem to suit him either. He’s always been more of a coach than a manager and says he’s happiest on the training ground

The team that we’re putting out tonight looks about as bad as can be. We can’t score goals. We’ve got Kazim Richards here who i don’t really know from Adam but he can’t any worse. He didn’t even make the match day squad at the weekend

Utter shambles of a club

McClaren back at Derby?

Seriously?

Anyone can make a mistake once...
    Tikay10 said:

McClaren back at Derby?

Seriously?

Technical director
  • HotwhealsHotwheals Member Posts: 337
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

McClaren back at Derby?

Seriously?

Technical director
    Expect Derby County Umbrellas to sore in price !