You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Spot deep in Big Weekend BH

loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
Hi everyone

Short-term lurker, first time poster, but I've got a hand I keep on thinking about and unsure what the best play is so thought I'd whack it on here to see if any sicko's can depart some wisdom. Never posted a hand history on here before so hopefully it plays nice..

We're about 9/10 in this situation IIRC. Table dynamics were myself and player in question have been preeetty tight and the table knows it (think by this point I've mentioned I sattied in) with both our blinds being persistently abused. Have been push/folding for the last hour so I've got a fairly tight image (unusually, for those who know me..).

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
mrwozza Small blind 1500.00 1500.00 116042.00
railtard11 Big blind 3000.00 4500.00 54241.88
Your hole cards
A
J

mrrungood Fold
loosecamel Raise 6666.00 11166.00 48770.00
matisback Call 6666.00 17832.00 47563.00
mrwozza Fold
railtard11 Call 3666.00 21498.00 50575.88
Flop

K

railtard11 Check
loosecamel Bet 9268.00 30766.00 39502.00
matisback Call 9268.00 40034.00 38295.00
railtard11 Fold
Turn

Flop:
This board hits my range harder than both villains I feel, so a mandatory c-bet. In hindsight 1-2k less may have equally done the trick, although this sizing shapes the pot up for a perfect turn jam. When called by BTN on the flop, I figure his range is gonna be 66-1010 (given dynamics I'm genuinely unsure whether these would have been shoved pre), KQs/KJs(?), occasional flatted AK and occasional AQ float. But all around I think his range is pretty narrow by this point. And my range I think is far wider, given I'd c-bet this with most Axs, 88-1010, KQs, AKo/s and AA (think I check JJ/QQ/KK here).

Turn:
Nice turn for me I think at first, now have some equity with a flush draw, no draws get there, as pointed out above, I don't think villain has a drawing hand in his range here, 89s doesn't call pre given stacks. With a pot-sized bet behind it's a question of shove or check/fold. Every bone in my body was leaning to a shove, even if I'm called with 66-77 or Kx I'd still have roughly 20% equity (and a sizeable bounty) and I think I get folds from 88-1010, rightly or wrongly. After limited thought with the sky timebank, I elected to check and give up if contested. I have enough KQ/AKs that check/call this turn so not worried about protecting my range at all so this would have to be a check/fold.

The reason this hand is troubling me now is because if we were to assume the range I've assigned for villain is correct, we have 6 combinations each of 88-1010 that will fold, 18 combos, and 3 combos each of 66-77 and KQs. If we assume villain folds all 88-1010 when shoved to, then it's a slam dunk shove as villain has 18 folding combos and 9 calling combos (i've eliminated speculative floats and a flatted AK in the range here as I think it's far less likely to be the case). At the time I just felt he was super weighted towards a K which would not fold to a shove. But that does raise a secondary question, given my percieved tightness, do we ever get folds from KJ/KQ here if shoved? I don't think so, but I may be wrong. The only other question is whether I can open jam this hand pre, given my image, I don't think I'd get looked up that light so it'd likely get through and would probably be a +EV play, but I think just raising is fine here and a much lower risk.

As played, I checked, villain bet with my insta-fold button clicked and player was nice to enough to show KQs.
Thanks for anyone's input, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Loose

Comments

• Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    HH didn't work perfectly, so for reference I had AJcc, rainbow flop, second club on turn.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Go to hand history, press copy and paste into thread...it looks like spreadsheet gobbledygook until it’s posted then you get it in a readable format
  • Options
    Bunksy88Bunksy88 Member Posts: 4

Hi everyone

Short-term lurker, first time poster, but I've got a hand I keep on thinking about and unsure what the best play is so thought I'd whack it on here to see if any sicko's can depart some wisdom. Never posted a hand history on here before so hopefully it plays nice..

We're about 9/10 in this situation IIRC. Table dynamics were myself and player in question have been preeetty tight and the table knows it (think by this point I've mentioned I sattied in) with both our blinds being persistently abused. Have been push/folding for the last hour so I've got a fairly tight image (unusually, for those who know me..).

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    mrwozza Small blind 1500.00 1500.00 116042.00
    railtard11 Big blind 3000.00 4500.00 54241.88
    Your hole cards
    A
    J

mrrungood Fold
    loosecamel Raise 6666.00 11166.00 48770.00
    matisback Call 6666.00 17832.00 47563.00
    mrwozza Fold
    railtard11 Call 3666.00 21498.00 50575.88
    Flop

K

railtard11 Check
    loosecamel Bet 9268.00 30766.00 39502.00
    matisback Call 9268.00 40034.00 38295.00
    railtard11 Fold
    Turn

Flop:
    This board hits my range harder than both villains I feel, so a mandatory c-bet. In hindsight 1-2k less may have equally done the trick, although this sizing shapes the pot up for a perfect turn jam. When called by BTN on the flop, I figure his range is gonna be 66-1010 (given dynamics I'm genuinely unsure whether these would have been shoved pre), KQs/KJs(?), occasional flatted AK and occasional AQ float. But all around I think his range is pretty narrow by this point. And my range I think is far wider, given I'd c-bet this with most Axs, 88-1010, KQs, AKo/s and AA (think I check JJ/QQ/KK here).

Turn:
    Nice turn for me I think at first, now have some equity with a flush draw, no draws get there, as pointed out above, I don't think villain has a drawing hand in his range here, 89s doesn't call pre given stacks. With a pot-sized bet behind it's a question of shove or check/fold. Every bone in my body was leaning to a shove, even if I'm called with 66-77 or Kx I'd still have roughly 20% equity (and a sizeable bounty) and I think I get folds from 88-1010, rightly or wrongly. After limited thought with the sky timebank, I elected to check and give up if contested. I have enough KQ/AKs that check/call this turn so not worried about protecting my range at all so this would have to be a check/fold.

The reason this hand is troubling me now is because if we were to assume the range I've assigned for villain is correct, we have 6 combinations each of 88-1010 that will fold, 18 combos, and 3 combos each of 66-77 and KQs. If we assume villain folds all 88-1010 when shoved to, then it's a slam dunk shove as villain has 18 folding combos and 9 calling combos (i've eliminated speculative floats and a flatted AK in the range here as I think it's far less likely to be the case). At the time I just felt he was super weighted towards a K which would not fold to a shove. But that does raise a secondary question, given my percieved tightness, do we ever get folds from KJ/KQ here if shoved? I don't think so, but I may be wrong. The only other question is whether I can open jam this hand pre, given my image, I don't think I'd get looked up that light so it'd likely get through and would probably be a +EV play, but I think just raising is fine here and a much lower risk.

As played, I checked, villain bet with my insta-fold button clicked and player was nice to enough to show KQs.
    Thanks for anyone's input, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Loose

Hi Loose, was on final table with you in UKOPS last night so thought it would be nice to comment (newbie on the forum really)... I personally think you've done the right thing here - you get called with the KQ if you had pushed (possibly pre flop as well given some play) - personally wouldn't be putting down the K in that situation. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

@loosecamel

I'll move this across to Poker Chat to see if we can get a few more replies.