You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Satellite Needing a Player

AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
Hi,

does anyone ever post on the forum looking for a player for a Satellite?

I'm needing 1 more player for the 17:20 £8,000 Predator Direct satellite £7.20 buy-in. Bit of an overlay if someone can jump on before 17:20pm.

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    it's a great idea. I had 5 or 6 satellites cancelled today due to lack of players (bad session lots of screen space haha). A lot of these if they scrape the minimum players are very profitable.
    There was a satellite on a different poker network yesterday 20f sat £3 buyin 2 seats guaranteed, it lasted 1min with 3 players. this is arguably the best hourly thing i've ever seen in online poker.
    Think a post on the forum may get missed by a lot of people, an instant messenger group may be a great shout for milking overlaying sats if it's not against any of sky's T&Cs.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Do you think sky will carry on with these sats if they run with the minimum?
  • Options
    "an instant messenger group may be a great shout for milking overlaying sats if it's not against any of sky's T&Cs."
    "Do you think sky will carry on with these sats if they run with the minimum?"

Two good comments.
    IM would be the way to go whether om WhatsApp or whatever is the most popular.

I'm not anticipating a big uptake of the idea so hopefully not an adverse effect on Sky and any number of players could end up joining. I just happened to go online early yesterday and me plus loollololllololl (or however you spell their name) were sitting there waiting like "jimmy nae mates" and then it got cancelled. I phoned a pal to jump on but they were sure they'd not win so turned me down :(

After posting I went on the 6pm 12 guaranteed seat semi final. It was good fun and would do it again, plus plenty of players were involved.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I'm up early bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.
    I've already registered for some satellites for later today, most of which I'm guessing will have plenty of runners e.g. the main event semi's, but there is one I'd like to promote to ensure we get enough players registering for - it's the satellite for the Mega Stack. Are they players intending on playing this?
    I'd prefer the on at 6:35pm but others are do-able (there are only 4 Sats I think for this tourney).
  • Options
    On the topic of satellites I'm curious, I noticed yesterday a small number of players playing more than one of the Direct Sats for the Hitman, in the first they were well placed for a ticket so I wondered why they were bothering with the 2nd Sat (which started just before the first ended).

I'm guessing they didn't want to count their chickens before the first ended, but can someone clarify? Is this something all players should consider?
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    MattBates said:

Do you think sky will carry on with these sats if they run with the minimum?

Hi Matt

If they run with the minimum, there is the opportunity for more people to join; if they don't run, Sky earn nowt anyway.....gosh I feel like a Yorkshireman or Scottish for saying it that way... ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

^^^^^

@AMD68

They are playing "satellites for cash".

If you buy into the target event, or have already won a seat to it, you can play further satellites to it & if you win another seat(s) it gets paid into your account as cash.

Some people think this is unreasonable, others think it gives better liquidity to the satellite pool.

Either way, that's how it is.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^^

@AMD68

They are playing "satellites for cash".

If you buy into the target event, or have already won a seat to it, you can play further satellites to it & if you win another seat(s) it gets paid into your account as cash.

One person thinks this is unreasonable, others think it gives better liquidity to the satellite pool.

FYP
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks, I did see an element of these satellites (espec the 1 ticket per 5 entrants) where they have similar characteristics to DYMs - it's not about coming first but staying in the game.

Thanks again, that's today's lesson learned :)