You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Diary No.2 - December Challenge

Comments

• MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited August 2020
    had to chuckle myself at "How do you tell the monitor is on"

@kapowblamz I,ve been looking mainly on Amazon but struggling to find the right one. I,ve also been looking for one that has 2 HDMI ports as that's what i have now and its easy for 2 monitors but may have to sacrifice that for maybe 1 HDMI and a VGA.

Do you think its the best place to look?

Might post a cpl on here and see what you think

Ps : I tried using Microsoft edge to load the games and stream - was slightly better at 90-99%

I do use the browser to play games - not the download client - Not sure if that makes a difference
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I was going to recommend Amazon. The pcs on there are good value.

If you want one with 2 hdmi ports then you will need one with a graphics card, in most cases. Beware buying a pc that does not have a graphics card, but does have 1 x hdmi and 1 x vga. Those pcs still only support 1 monitor usually and the hdmi or vga is just whichever option you want to use to support that one monitor.
    @kapowblamz Cheers - Just doing some searches on Amazon for computers with AMD Radeon R7 Series and R5 at around £500 and see what i come up with
    Fwiw the best bang for buck cpus are AMD Ryzen 5, specifically the 3600. If you type that in you will get a bunch of good pcs around the £500 range.
    @kapowblamz

Cheers - I like that one (with the operating system). The reviews are all positive as well

Think its between that one and this one which is slightly more = what do reckon this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fierce-High-FPS-Gaming-PC/dp/B08DNY7598/ref=sr_1_26?dchild=1&keywords=pc&qid=1598638975&s=electronics&sr=1-26&fbclid=IwAR19cTWVHY2Zo9JyUgA-vG4c_84wjvEkN-E7z3FgWmnJgsGJ3RpYHkjFhZI
    edited August 2020
    Tbh I prefer the one you linked. The graphics card is way better.

It looks way nicer too.
    @kapowblamz Cheers for that = A bit more than i wanted to pay but really like it - Ordered

Haha good job!
    edited August 2020
    So with a new computer on its way and a new office chair its time for a new BR challenge.

Still on chapter 3 of the book. The Audible app on my phone decided to stop working but its ok now. Also gonna go over some videos tonight on post-flop play. I paid about £7 or £8 for Upswings Post Flop Gameplan a few weeks ago. It sates "A Proven System for Winning Poker" so i,ve no excuses now.

I,ll start tomorrow with £500 and will be playing mainly £5-£10 buyin tournys and 5p/10p Cash. Maybe higher buyins if i satellite in and may take shots at 10p/20p cash.

I,ll reevaluate at end of the month (or if balance drops below £400)
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    Hi. Just seen this as ive been away from the forums for a long time but its weird that im doing almost the same thing in my BR challenge. I need to study too so will start my own this week.

Good luck with this and ill be watching. Stay disciplined.

Also, bit late now but I recommend Macs. I bought a PC a long time ago with some of my first winnings and after a few months it started to get slow to after almost a year nearly unplayable. I bought another and had same issues so I bought a Mac next and that one lasted me years and tbh was still performing when I changed. I only changed because I wanted a newer model (don't we all!).

CraigSG1 said:

Hi. Just seen this as ive been away from the forums for a long time but its weird that im doing almost the same thing in my BR challenge. I need to study too so will start my own this week.

Yeah i,ve seen yours - pretty similar. Main aim is to just keep learning and improving. I,m not setting any BR targets. Any profit is a bonus

Kicked off last night with a £30 loss. It was mainly due to all in sats where i have no control so don,t mind. I also lost a cpl of £5 MTT,s which was pretty dissapointing as my concentration just wasn,t there and never really knew what was going on at the table.

Cash faired a bit better with a small profit (5p/10p 2-4 tables) but overall a pretty slow night.

Just been watching Charlie Carrel. Think he,s done some good stuff on Youtube but don,t think i,ll be buying his Spiritual Masterclass. I will however try his new technique for tonight. I will put my hands togethor and say "I am lucky - I am skillfull - I will win.

BR £469.72
    Down - £30.18
    2nd night was another frustrating one.

Only played up to 4 tables but struggled again with concentration and getting reads on players. Stuck to the £5 tournys but bricked them all and the 5p/10p cash tables were pretty slow as well resulting in a £6 loss for the night.

Will try again tonight

BR £464.55
    Down - £35.45
    No poker tonight - probably a good thing

Think new computer will have to go back

No wifi but probably just needs adapter,

HDMI port on motherboard doesn,t work and neither does the VGA. (HDMI on graphics card works fine)

Is there something in settings where i can enable these ports to work or is it just knackered?

Thx
    Ye you need a WiFi dongle or cable to the router. You don't get many desktops with WiFi pre installed. They're really cheap on amazon.

Why do you need to use HDMI on motherboard if the graphics card one works? The system will disable motherboard HDMI and vga when graphics card is installed in most cases.
    Does your motherboard even have a hdmi port? I think it only has DVI and VGA, but don't quote me on that.
    @kapowblamz

I didnt know that. I,ve got 2 monitors so need another port. Is there anyway of re-enabling it.

Yeah its got HDMI and VGA on motherboard
    edited September 2020
    You can't use the integrated graphics and the graphics card at the same time. Your only option for multiple monitors is to use the graphics card solely.

Your graphics card supports upto 3 monitors, maybe more, but you need to know what sockets your monitors have, and what sockets your graphics card has. Your card will have 1 x hdmi and some other sockets that are either DVI or DP. They will look like these:

You monitors will almost certainly all have DVI sockets on the back but maybe not DP. There could of been a DVI cable in the box of your new pc? A lot of monitors and pcs come with one.

You won't be able to use a multiple monitor setup with 2 x hdmi without some adapters and that's definitely not the best option for you anyway.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

You can't use the integrated graphics and the graphics card at the same time. Your only option for multiple monitors is to use the graphics card solely.

Just to play devils advocate slightly, I'm not entirely sure this part is correct. My laptop has an HDMI port which runs from the Intel integrated graphics, and a mini dp port which runs off a separate NVIDIA graphics card. I've had no issue in running two monitors side-by-side in an extended desktop set-up with one screen powered by intel and the other powered by the NVIDIA graphics card. I'm certainly no tech wizard though and this maybe very different in the desktop pc world.

I now run 3 external monitors from my laptop and have been using a splitter like the one pictured below for the past few months. This has been fine from my end and when using this set-up I run all 3 of my monitors off the one graphics card (the NVIDIA one) to give me maximum flexibility when streaming. Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but figured there may be something useful or informative in here somewhere!