You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HELP =FORUM PROBLEMS - now resolved?

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 12,566
edited October 8 in Poker Chat
Hi all is anybody else having the problem that as they enter words into the box , the box gets bigger and blocks out the Save, Start conversation save draft etc buttons. Is it my computer or the forum!!!! Posting Fantasy /Horse racing stuff all the time and seriously pi ss ing me off

Can somebody please help me!!!

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 14,131
    Getting the same. Thought it was my PC.

Any solution @Tikay10 ?
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 12,566
    MAXALLY said:

Getting the same. Thought it was my PC.

Any solution @Tikay10 ?

thank goodness hopefully @Tikay10 can sort. Tried to send him a message but couldnt as start conversation button disappered under box as I put message together. I know their is text speak but this is ridiculous!!! I cant use four words when twenty will do
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,504
    Its recently started happening on my phone. The post comment button gets hidden behind the notification bar at the bottom.
    It could be part of a master plan to deter some to stop posting pages and pages of bad beats/users not starting too many threads everyday/Diarists not going on and on in posts.....or............. just a technical issue that needs fixing.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 3,780
    I have had this problem too, started a couple of days back.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,533
    I'm getting the same issue - Windows 10 PC, using different browsers makes no difference.

I have found a temporary solution though. If once you've finished writing your post the 'preview' and 'post comment' buttons have disappeared, press enter a fair few times to add in a number of empty lines after your last sentence. Now press backspace to delete all those excess lines you just added and the post buttons will reemerge. It's a weird glitch that I'm guessing is with the software for the forum itself.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 83,404

I'm aware of the problem guys & have passed it to the techies.

There's an easy workaround though.

When you have finished typing press the ENTER button several times to scroll down.

Then use backspace to go back up - when you do this the "POST" button will now appear as it should.

Give it a try, any questions just ask.

The Duesenberg explanation is what I was trying to say.

@MAXALLY

@vaigret

@MattBates

@waller02

A quick solution guys is...

Press enter a few times. Then delete them. The boxes should reappear. I believe I am the 1st to come up with this so will be requesting reward payments. ;)
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 2,142
    I press the back button then go back to the page and it's fine.
    THANKS will give the quick fix ago . At least it wasnt just me.
  • Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,168
    Getting this issue today,
    just refresh page if on PC

page reloads with your text still in comment box and with buttons visible
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 264
    Same problem here.

A similar solution I use (when on a computer at least) is to press the tab button a couple times. Like the good old days if your mouse was ever broken or the blasted track ball was too dirty forcing you to use only the keyboard as much as possible! :D

Also, when compiling this reply, I noticed the problem seems to stem from when typing a reply, and the input box is no longer a fixed height but automatically adjusts it's size if you type too much pushing it behind the sorta footer of the page, hiding the preview/submit buttons in the process.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 2,940
    Same problem but you can also go to your draft posts and continue the post from there but it is a pain having to do that all the time.
    ok on fixes advice, but it really needs sorting

A quick non-update update.

The chap I need to speak to about this problem is offline for a few days, but I understand he will be back on Monday.

It is a bit of a pain, apologies, but there are workarounds as per this thread.

• hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    if you press refresh on the page it sorts itself out everytime saves pressing loads of buttons
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 3,397
    edited September 18
    Is there a workaround for seeing the latest posts on some of the threads? @Tikay10

I'm trying to look at posts after Danny's @Itsover4u on U.S.Open thread, but I can't scroll down any further and can't even get to reply box, even when trying all of the above tricks. It's the same on a couple of other threads for me.

Mind you, maybe that's why it might have been put in place ......for a certain thread ! ;):D
    edited September 18
    MISTY4ME said:

Is there a workaround for seeing the latest posts on some of the threads? @Tikay10

I'm trying to look at posts after Danny's @Itsover4u on U.S.Open thread, but I can't scroll down any further and can't even get to reply box, even when trying all of the above tricks. It's the same on a couple of other threads for me.

Mind you, maybe that's why it might have been put in place ......for a certain thread ! ;):D

@MISTY4ME

I'm not aware of that issue Jez. Have you tried using "Refresh"?

Also, use the "DISCUSSIONS" tab at the top of the Forum, that makes life much easier all round.