You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

HELP =FORUM PROBLEMS - now resolved?

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 3,397
    Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Is there a workaround for seeing the latest posts on some of the threads? @Tikay10

I'm trying to look at posts after Danny's @Itsover4u on U.S.Open thread, but I can't scroll down any further and can't even get to reply box, even when trying all of the above tricks. It's the same on a couple of other threads for me.

Mind you, maybe that's why it might have been put in place ......for a certain thread ! ;):D

@MISTY4ME

I'm not aware of that issue Jez. Have you tried using "Refresh"?

Also, use the "DISCUSSIONS" tab at the top of the Forum, that makes life much easier all round.
    i had tried all those, but might have been at my end because it's better now. I can use above options.... Cheers :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 83,408

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

My Forum Techie wizard returns on Monday so I'm hoping he can get the prob sorted.
    Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

My Forum Techie wizard returns on Monday so I'm hoping he can get the prob sorted.

As a certain Mr Hayes @HAYSIE would say....... " HAPPY DAYS" @Tikay10

You wouldn't believe it would you? ;):)
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 12,626
    edited September 19
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

If you wait for the draft saved tab to come up, and hit refresh it is fine.

So if you are responding to a post you would refresh twice.

Once when you what you are responding to appears, and the second time when you have typed what you intend to post.

Obviously if you prematurely ejac ulate, and refresh before the draft saved tab appears, it will disappear.
  • hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    I dont have to save it i just press refresh and it keeps my post and gives me the options to post it once i have refreshed the page
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

Once when you what you are responding to appears, and the second time when you have typed what you intend to post.

Obviously if you prematurely ****, and refresh before the draft saved tab appears, it will disappear.
    I couldn't even scroll down far enough to see the latest posts on some threads, and obviously 'coz the reply/chat box is below the last post, I couldn't get to that either :*

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

Obviously if you prematurely ****, and refresh before the draft saved tab appears, it will disappear.
    I couldn't even scroll down far enough to see the latest posts on some threads, and obviously 'coz the reply/chat box is below the last post, I couldn't get to that either :*

@MISTY4ME

Pretty sure "refresh" solves that Jez.

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

That's the turn around arrow at the Top Left of the page, by the address bar?

I'd tried that, but that didn't work either..... but all seems OK now ...cheers :)
    edited September 19
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

I'd tried that, but that didn't work either..... but all seems OK now ...cheers :)

@MISTY4ME

You sound like you are as clued up on computers as me. ;)

And yes, the "turn around arrow" that looks like this;

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

@MISTY4ME

Sorry what was I thinking.
    Here is the complete idiots guide.
    I you are just writing a post, you can use the scroll down button to give you plenty of space to write the post.
    When you have finished use the backspace button to scroll back up until the "post comment" button comes into view.

If you are replying to a very short post the above will work.

When replying to a longer post and the full post is not in view after hitting the quote button, just follow the previous instructions.

Refresh once to see the post in full, scroll down to give you space for your post, refresh again when you have completed your post.
    On both occasions do not refresh until you see notice that the draft has been saved.

If you are posting a new discussion, and your post disappears after refreshing, as long as you have waited for the draft to be saved, you will find it under the "Your Draft Posts" tab, top right of the forum home page.

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

@MISTY4ME

ps the backspace key is the one with backspace printed on it.
    edited September 19
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

@MISTY4ME

I know you're trying to take the P**S , but if you actually read what I've written, you will see that I couldn't even scroll down as far as the chatbox to even consider replying ......but hopefully you can see from this reply, that it's alright now :)

this is what I'd written earlier........

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

@MISTY4ME

I know you're trying to take the P**S , but if you actually read what I've written, you will see that I couldn't even scroll down as far as the chatbox to even consider replying ......but hopefully you can see from this reply, that it's alright now :)

The only time that occurs is when you have posted, but not refreshed after doing the post.
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

Pleased to hear it.

@MISTY4ME

@MISTY4ME

The only time that occurs is when you have posted, but not refreshed after doing the post.
    Sometimes when you post, the bottom of the post is missing.
    If you refresh the whole post comes into view, and it is ready for the next one.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 2,142
    I just give the keyboard a whack of the wall, no probs.
    I see what @Tikay10 means now...... ONandONandONandONandONandON :s

.....and I'd always given you the benefit of the doubt :*
    MISTY4ME said:

No you havent.
    MISTY4ME said:

You probably couldnt bring yourself to just say thanks for your help.
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Is there a workaround for seeing the latest posts on some of the threads? @Tikay10

I'm trying to look at posts after Danny's @Itsover4u on U.S.Open thread, but I can't scroll down any further and can't even get to reply box, even when trying all of the above tricks. It's the same on a couple of other threads for me.

Mind you, maybe that's why it might have been put in place ......for a certain thread ! ;):D

@MISTY4ME

I'm not aware of that issue Jez. Have you tried using "Refresh"?

Also, use the "DISCUSSIONS" tab at the top of the Forum, that makes life much easier all round.
    i had tried all those, but might have been at my end because it's better now. I can use above options.... Cheers :)
    ONandONandON could have been avoided .... this is from the TOP of this thread

GOOD LUCK tonight, and tomorrow. See you for the Major Early Sat's....I'm off for a Beer or 6 :)

• wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 18,123
    I am getting the same,been pulling my hair out