You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do in this spot?

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
edited September 2020 in Poker Chat
So it's the midnight express which we all know becomes a crapshoot. There's two bounties on the line and it's going to cost me 10bbs to play and either take two heads (one a decent bounty worth almost buy in and the other just over min bounty) and gain chips or lose 10bb out of my 42bb stack.

What should you do in my spot? I'm always hearing that you need to be wider in bounties but would this be too loose to call?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    its 13bb - its to wide to call if they are starting bounties... if one of them has lets say 4 heads themselves then it may be profitable. The amount on there heads is hugely important in these spots
  • Options
    I've just checked back, the small stack had 3 heads with bounty worth about £19, the shoving stack was a min bounty.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    I like the optimism of the question. It's quite refreshing :)

You have a good stack and can pick-up more heads in a better position. It's such a weak holding, save them for a sunny day at the FT ;)
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    have to fold i think but if you have paid your money you can play any 2 cards you want
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

I've just checked back, the small stack had 3 heads with bounty worth about £19, the shoving stack was a min bounty.

Then its probably an easy profitable call - not sure many would be calling in this spot though
  • Options
    Had a chat about this spot with @chrisdonkb - how close are you to itm?

I think it is a profitable call tbh
  • Options
    we can safely assume the button should be hunting a 1.5bb jam 3x bounty fairly wide so hard for you to be in terrible shape
  • Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    I think Its a call, I'd prob fold if I was gonna end up at 20bb or less as may hurt future ability to pick up loads of chips as I feel the fields gonna overfold a lot in general at this point. Some value in maintaining big stack to as their will be lots of other good bounty spots as it plays very turboish.
  • Options
    FeNdeR36FeNdeR36 Member Posts: 22
    close my eyes and snap call for the booties - we win our own bounty if we win the tournament so there's even more EV in having a big chip advantage in the late stage. Lose and were still smooth sailing with 30bbs and still cover both opp's
  • Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    edited September 2020
    https://upswingpoker.com/knockout-bounty-tournaments-progressive-ko/

Is a good read on this, the essential bounty tourney math is basically how most people calculate it and in real time its pretty much all you can do. its better than just clicking buttons but really incorrect math when you consider all the variables in a poker tourney.

need to know how many left, their stacks and prize structure to roughly work this out
  • Options

For those interested, i did call in the end.

i got some abuse after the hand (nothing too exciting) but just wondered what others may have done.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    if nothing else a perfect 'best practice' of how to post HH on forum - leave them guessing tho I did tend to read you as a caller wanting verification ;-)
  • Options
    Very true haha.