You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

cannot download sky poker

bustout44bustout44 Member Posts: 43
edited October 2020 in Poker Chat
hi everyone last night my download stopped working it would not open sky poker, so i uninstalled it but now i cannot re install it when i try to open to install it a page flashes behind but immediately closes. can anyone help with this as i prefer playing through the ap rather than from the browser

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

@bustout44

I can't help, but maybe one of our more techie regulars might be able to;

@mumsie @NoseyBonk
  • Options
    hope so thanks for contacting me anyway tikay
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    Hi @bustout44 .

I'm not really sure what's happening as I use the browser 100%.

When you uninstall the download for a fresh install have you tried uninstalling Adobe air at the same time and doing a fresh install with that too?
  • Options

@mumsie

Thanks Charlie, appreciated.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Try right clicking the downloaded file and running as administrator.

Some times things like this happen when you have a corrupt registry or system files. Have you tried to install anything else? It'd be useful to know if it's just the Sky Poker client that isn't installing or if its everything.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Thanks @kapowblamz

I knew I'd forgotten to tag someone.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    You forgot @waller02 as well
    He’s very smart with this kind of thing
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Jac35 said:

Hit it with a hammer
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

@Jac35 @waller02

Well he must have hidden his light under a bushel. (What a weird expression that is).

Anyway, never mind that, you should by DYM-ing, with a 1st, 2nd & 6th in the top three Leaderboards there's serious money to be won.

• Options
    thanks kapowblamz for your time i have just uninstalled adobe it still did not work but i was able to reinstall adobe ok, i have attached a photo of what opens when i try to open the download. when i click this to open i just get a flash of a screen trying to open behind this thanks bustout
  • Options
    Save that file rather than opening it. Try and find that file on your pc. You might be able to do that using the drop down menu, which is that little arrow. Not sure because I never use Internet explorer. If you can locate the file within a folder then right click it and run as administrator.

You might want to try downloading and installing from a different browser like Chrome.
  • Options
    sorry tried chrome and saving still cannot get it to open or download thanks for trying
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    This may sound obvious and you have likely already done this, however;

Have you shut down and restarted your computer since uninstalling?

If not, try uninstalling both the Sky Poker client and Adobe air, again, then shut down and restart before attempting to download and reinstall, firstly Adobe Air then the Sky Poker client.
  • Options
    Did you try and right click the file and run as admin?

If that doesn't work I'm all out of ideas. The next step I'd personally take would be to try and find registry and system file integrity checkers. I don't want to be liable for messing up your Windows installation tho, so I'm not getting involved with that! :#
  • Options
    thanks for all your help i have had no luck at all. will have to get used to playing from the web site its just different but i managed 7th last night in the main so im sure i will get the hang of it, thanks so much for all your time and efforts, run good unless you are in a hand with me lol
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    Teacakes (Anna flashback moment) pinged me on this.

Would happily help but having read the previous comments I'm not sure I can via the forum. Leave it with me and I'll have a think. May be in touch over the weekend :smile: