You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited May 2022 in Poker Chat
Last year’s £10 to £500 challenge was completed thanks in its entirety to the 50k online SPT event, when I set out on this I toyed with the idea of making in a £10 to 1k but downgraded it just before posting, I believe this was a mistake on my part as I went back to 6 table ‘finger clicking’ shortly after.

Now is the time for the £10 to £1k challenge which will start immediately.

For 2021 I need the 6 table ‘finger clicking’ to stop. No more multi tabling, multi formats where I don’t know what stage of the tournament I’m in or even whether it’s a tournament or sit n go, No limit or PLO8. and the mindset of its ok I will just start another game if I go out.

Early on the challenge will be the nightmare 28p turbo sit n go’s will be a staple part of the early stages of the challenge as they seem the best option to reach the points requirements for the rewards freerolls. The best option for points not the best to play.

I aim to use the additional ways that anyone can use to claim additional tokens and prizes. To name a few, anyone is free to join.
• Daily Forum Comps (when I remember)
• Forum Triple Takedown (Mondays)
• Orfordable League (Fridays)
• Midweek PLO8 BH League. (Tuesdays to Thursdays)
• Weekly and monthly competitions
• Daily Freerolls

I do not intend on using bankroll management as such however will slow down once the balance reaches £7 and concentrate on the freerolls and 28p Turbos. But will add PLO8 and <£3 satellites into the mix where possible with a view to play the target game should I qualify.

My previous attempt saw the balance drop to £3.17 at one stage. The following day a £2.30 token addition was followed by a loss in the £0.55 nightly micro and £2.20 Bounty hunter, fortunes changed then after a 20w 11L in the 28p turbo’s and a small win in a £1.10 plo8 game and the challenge never looked back.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,770

Good luck with this @coo1-um
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    good luck with this @coo1-um
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    All the very best with this challenge @coo1-um

I shall be following
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Good Luck @coo1-um
  • QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    safc71 said:

Good Luck @coo1-um

+1
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    Another GL @coo1-um
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Update 04.01.21

A hectic couple of days as i started on a Saturday but did not want to pre-earn any rewards so i needed to get at least 50 points for entry into this weeks rewards freerolls.

2 days 100 28p turbos a a £1.10 plo8 game later i find myself with the freeroll entries and a £2.30 token.

If i did not make myself clear in my opening post i HATE those 28p turbo games, so 4 - 6 tables, 100 games. 47 wins, 53 Losses. Its the £3.00 rake that contributes more to the overall loss of £4.50. I know playing these at this volume is not ideal but as the saying goes, a means to an end. The equity in each of the freerolls is more than 90p add in the £2.30 token and each Rewards freeroll entry has cost me 44p.

Now that plo8 game, i late registered knowing that my entry would increase the player pool to 21 thus flattening the pay structure paying 5 instead of 3. This flattening affects the winner far more than anyone else. I got lucky in this one taking it down for £7.77, which put me into profit.

Current Balance ; £12.17 plus £2.30 Token = £14.47

Got to be happy with a 44% increase in the first 2 days, will be less stress on the turbo's moving forward as i have a week to get the required points.

It can all go in an instant though.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,770

Solid start, well done.
    Very good start. Keep it up!

I know all too well that feeling with those 28p turbos, but needs must :D

Having a decent start really does give you a boost. Long may it continue.

See you at the tables
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    gl with this mate, will follow yours closely, all the best
    edited January 2021
    Update 05.01.21

23no 28p turbos brought a return of 13 wins and 10 losses for a 6 PENCE profit. Its profit and i'm taking it as a victory. The main issue with these games especially when multi tabling starting with 1000 chips the 150 / 300 level comes around quickly and if you don't keep up with the chipstacks you can find yourself almost folding your chips away.
    Last weeks £2.30 token was thrown into a SPT micro sat with a no return mid place finish.
    Mondays rewards freeroll had a turnout of 1162 players, which is at the top end of total entries which meant this paid 300, for a challenge like this can only be a good thing. A 213th place finish brought an additional £1 into the coffers and realised some of last weeks lost equity.
    Triple takedowns had a mid place finish in Takedown 1, a 16th place 5 off the money in Takedown 3, 6th in the £1.00 takedown 2 returned £5.90
    Just had to jump into the £1.10 PLO8 after a win in the first attempt 20 entrants made the pay structure just the top 3, sadly I could not get another win and had to settle for a £6 second place finish.

So another slight increase and 31 points, i won't be chasing the £2.30 token this week will will just have to see who that goes. Hopefully I will find time to pay the 3 games required in the excellent Midweek PLO8 league which resumes tonight. And maybe ditch the turbos for £2.20 D or N, maybe a few £1.05 heads up. although both these can eat into your balance.

Current Balance = £ 19.03
    Another fine day's play.

Cannot grumble at almost doubling your initial BR in a couple of days.
    edited January 2021
    Not much to say other than a slight loss over the last few days, with a little more luck this could have looked a bit more healthier bubbled the £1.10 PLO8 tonight and was 1 off the bubble in the £2.20 PLO8 game although these are not massive pay outs.

Having played the SPT online micro sat for place in the Quarter, it was here that i played the following hand. is this a call. My view is the opponent is Firing with a wide range and a double up here would help towards a top 5 finish.

27 Entries, 5 seats, 6th pays £19ish.

9 left, i am in 6th place

Nice to see the winner of the hand use the chips well though, winning a seat into the semi automatically. From here they won the seat into the the SPT online final where they will have a shot at glory.

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267
    edited January 2021
    I think it's a call, it's a shove for 6bb, although you've only got 9bb and you're in 6th place, but villain probably turns up with AK or a PP that you lose to. I'm even worse at sats than other forms of poker so I'm probably way off.

My advice is to wait for some better players to comment.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I'd say call. It was the correct call too but just unlucky. You got lucky in the draw though so zero sympathy from me haha.

Good luck in the SPT.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267
    PKRPar said:

I'd say call. It was the correct call too but just unlucky. You got lucky in the draw though so zero sympathy from me haha.

Good luck in the SPT.

Oh, I didn't see the spoiler, yuk. Unlucky @coo1-um. Still got your seat though, well played.
    Update 09.01.21

Still losing money at the 28p turbo's but they are they for the additional points and another £2.30 token due today (103pts last week) and entry into the Online SPT via the prize draw is testament to their usefulness.

Added a couple of £1.05 heads up into the schedule won both and may look at more this week at the expense of the 28p buy in game, as the rake is 5% compared to 15%.

Triple takedown again tonight, finished 4th in last weeks standing only 1 point behind the additional prize winners in 2nd and 3rd, this will stand me in better stead for a monthly prize.

PLO8 went ok whilst dropping out early in the £1.10 I managed to turn 2.5bb 13th of 13 into a 2nd place finish adding a few bounties along the way in the £2.20 game i played.

Current plan is more of the same, maybe look for at more sats if the balance allows it. I'm not too worried about the bankroll going down tis maintaining something in it that is more of a concern.

Current Balance = £ 25.21 +£2.30 Token (+£220 Online SPT seat)
    I feel your pain regarding those blasted 28p. But as you say, very handy for point accumulation purposes.

It's great to see another profitable update though. Looking forward to your next update.

Good luck at the tables
    Another week passes and with a slight loss, additional updates may be required.
    Still mixing the games up too much I think, may need to segregate better. No going for more than 50 points this week as I try to get back on track.

Will keep trying with the satellites and tournaments, something may stick.
    Played 4no satellites qualifying for the SPT Quarter where my JJ was no good for a rivered Ace. But I hit as many as go against me so i'm not complaining.
    Triple takedown cash in 1 event and nothing in the other 2 left a slight loss
    PLO8 played the £20 Guaranteed £1.10 as I could see there was going to be a massive £3.50 overlay, good decision as I luckboxed the win
    Took an early flip in the rewards freeroll along with an early exit, so late reg'd the 18:05 Bounty hunter taking 1 bounty for an 8th place finish
    Nothing Exciting in the DYM's.
    A 3rd place in the Hitman late reg sat with 2 seat in the late semi was following by a solitary £ in the rewards freeroll.
    Then Devastation struck with 4 PLO8 games for no return and coupled with a few sit and go losses, meant the bankroll was halved in one swoop.
    Still reeling from yesterdays losses not even the rewards freeroll was played.
    34th in the rewards freeroll yielded a £4 return, this is when the over 1000 entries hits you hardest, less then 1000 pays £10 for this spot. This was shortly followed by further losses.
    1 game £1 added
    16.01.21 / 17.01.21
    Wasn’t going to bother going for the £2.30 token but when you get 20pts away in seems like you should, they have us hooked with this bonus stuff.
    PLO8 went the same way as recent. Downhill