You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Thanks for the feedback. The ramblings to be honest are aimed at myself hopefully giving some accountability to my game. Whilst hopefully getting some sort of feedback for my actions.
    I’m sure I’m not saying anything that the prudent player does not already know but I think I’m too long in the tooth and set in my ways to sit down and study the game as suggested above, although the fact that I know that helps somewhat in my favour. In addition my switch to a max 2 (0r 3) games at least for 1 week should help as I actually have time to think about situations that arise and my position in the tournament, I fully understand how important that is and that I shouldn’t just be auto clicking buttons on 6 tables knowing there is another game I can join if i bust.
    I have managed to stay away from PLO there are many that play PLO and PLO8 at the same time that would be much more difficult than hold em and PLO8 at least I know the difference between two cards and four.

edited March 2021
    Planning on playing max 3 games tonight and concentrating mainly on PLO8
    Will try a few satellites already played one and finished 2 of 6 (for a 40p loss)in the only plo8 one to run so far. last one starts at 18:20.
    Time to late reg the 17:30 PLO8 bh.
    18:00 late reg 17:30 PLO8 and ukops8 late reg sat.
    18:02 Out Ukops late reg sat, not sure if my payment had the time to be processed
    18:15 2nd ukops8 late reg sat starts.
    18:18 prep for the ukops07 plo8 game in the 17:30 bh game ends.
    18:20 ukops7 direct sat starts
    18:24 donk 2/3rds of my stack in above game
    18:30 thinking about quitting the game as I collapse out of ukops late reg sat, 10 of 10 in only live game ukops7 direct sat.
    Rewards freeroll time.
    18:40 get to end of registration, 13 entries currently 10/11 with 2.5bb, that’s plenty.
    18:45 blinds 100/200 have 101.25 11/11
    18:46 all in
    18:47 all in again and out 9th
    18:47 all in sat ukops7 7/10, seat for 1 in 20
    18:50 all in sat ukops7 9/9, seat for 1 in 20
    18:55 all in sat ukops7 10/11, seat for 1 in 20 cant even get a hand in these 1 left at 19:02
    following a forgetful hour and £20 out of pocket let the games commence.
    UKOPS7 PLO8, Rewards Freeroll ongoing
    19:02 2/9 in the all in sat at least i got a point.
    19:22 out of rewards freeroll.

So just the one game on 25/67 staying with just 1 for now.

In a desperate attempt to make some money used a £5 free bet on stones and mcguire to have 1+ headed shots on target tonight. 50/1 seems too good to turn down.
    managed to get to the end of the rebuy period unscathed.
    94 entrants 68 left currently 49th. 4k chips 200/400 blinds. ave 7k
    edited March 2021
    Bleak.....

out 48th.

Time to have 10 minutes reflection time, before more plo8

Football bet not looking much better
    its no good playing less games if you are going play the same way.
    out of the £1.10 plo8 still in the 20:40 plo8 bh.

With the £110 main booked, and less than £20 in the account, will have to take it easy tomorrow. £11 mini main seat booked for tomorrow with the token won i the excellent midweek plo8 league.

Might try single tabling...........
    that would be a novelty

Add a £5 free bet to the losses.
    Game over in 9th, slight profit on the final game. Balance just over £20
    2 games so far tonight. 75th in the freeroll yielded one pounds and fifty pence stirling.
    2nd in the 17:30 PLO8 BH added just over £10 profit and some valuable league points.

for 2nd place in the last plo8 league an £11 token was won which is to be used tonight in the ukops mini will probably pick up something else to play alongside it.
    3 games tonight.
    £11 UKOPS15
    £2.20 £500 BH
    £1.10 £100 Deep Stack

Still in all 3. thats something
    Break update.
    UKOPS 15 some seriously dodgy play yielded 3 bounties and £11.25 in heads 12 / 334 20mins late reg still. may be time to calm down a bit....
    out of £2.20bh
    £100 deep stack 36 /41 130 entrys
    out of deep stack

185 / 315 in mini oops
    out . finished. The End..

Im off to write 1000 lines

"i must not donk off a chipstack and must think about what im doing, you cannot win flips with a 45% chance everytime"

At least there is £20 profit tonight.

Back Sunday for the Main Event.

The screenshot above says it all. When i embarked on this challenge i knew i could do it, i also knew that i would not fail, failing would include putting addition money into my account, i have no intention of doing this, so where does this leave me? with 97pence.

I know where i went wrong, well some of it (the not having a clue what cards to play an how to play them aside)

I am not quitting this challenge, if i have to play those 20 point freerolls so be it, i have 79k worthless points so will have a few attempts to win a few pence.

Forget bankroll management not keeping daily track did not help.

So regroup and continue. 48points already this week so 8 attempts at the freeroll at least.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2021
    Sorry to read the challenge has not gone well @coo1-um at least you know what went wrong but sometimes we just run bad. Goodluck mate sure you will get back on track soon. On the plus side you did win your last challenge for a nice healthy profit which proves you can do it ;)
  • aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    @coo1-um glad to hear you're not giving up. It's completely do-able, even it can be a bit tedious when all you're playing is freerolls - I was in a similar situation earlier this year! Good luck :)
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    Coo1-um,

Really enjoy the posts, hope you have a good week this week and always here to talk about hands but not PLO8, I play occasionally but only for fun and can't talk it with any sense of benefit to someone else. I am currently on my own challenge and I am certainly down over 65% of my highest point but its swings and roundabouts so these things happen.

One thing I would say to you is don't focus too much on the outcomes because they can get you down and if you rely too heavily on these it will affect you in game if you are always looking at the bigger prize/goal that is not relevant to the current situation you are in at a table.

Don't lose sight of the moment and good times are certainly ahead.

Don't forget to dance when you are at the tables. Fun can be here. Being difficult to beat can be here and being a complete pain in the **** is something we can still try and achieve. If you cant win with the cards beat them in another way.

Best of luck Danny
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    @coo1-um - hope you can turn your challenge around mate. You're definitely good enough to do so and it sounds like you are still committed to doing so as well.
    As I ponder entering possibly my first points free roll of the year I realise my 79k useless points will go twice as far as the but in is only 10 not 20.

On a more positive note it seems I am due a 500% boost in the form of a 4th place finish in last months triple takedown. Presumed as I had nothing credited I won nothing.