You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    Keep sticking those chips in well, and the good results will follow.

All the best with your freebie
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Below is my play from the last week. Time to take a step back and have a look at things as the balance dwindles away. Cant be bothered with finishing positions to be honest, they are much more exciting to enter when winning.

At least i had some return from the mini major free entry where i got a little lucky when My Ace Jack suited hit an ace to beat eventual winner craigcu12's pocket Queens and keep me in with 29 left.

First hand after the bubble burst saw me dealt KK only to go up against 88 an 8 on the board meant that my apparent lack of joy with premium hands continues.

Need to make more of a concerted effort again in July, still won't be playing too many tournaments but need to get back to daily reporting as this does help, so lets tidy up June's results.

Onward and upward.

Daily reporting seems to work better, for now anyway.

Bubbled the freeroll after pushing with pocket 10's, was about mid stack but not folding there for a £1, ok i would have a few months ago when the bankroll was smaller.

is it a coincidence that when the daily reports are there the results seem better?
    Maybe / maybe not but at least we are moving a little in the right direction again..

Just missed the 7@7 late registration so managed to save 50p whilst losing out in the marksman late reg sat.

within 2 places of a cash in 2 of the takedown games and the £5.50 plo8 bh so could have been better than an overall 8p loss on the night.

Steady progress in the right direction following June misery.

Feel like i am playing ok, though i'm sure much of this is down to mindset. When things are not going well you only remember Your AK suited losing to A3o/s in your knockout hand. The fact that your pocket 8's beat Aces to keep you in 90 minutes earlier seems much less relevant at the time.

PLO8 is a funny game, play the wrong hands at the wrong time and its goodnight, chips come and go so quickly.
    DYM's almost saved the day.

I made the decision early on to register for a few (16) all in sats and see what happened, after winning seats in 2 of the first 4 in hindsight I should have unregistered the rest. Another couple of deep runs that couldn’t be turned into top 3 finishes

Its official PLO8 is best played drunk. after all it does not seem to matter what starting cards you have. balance b/f includes a solitary DYM game from Saturday.

Still up on the month, though maybe no limit tournament need to be put on the back-burner for a while.

Tournaments and DYM don't seem to be going my way, played a few hands of cash the other day, so will add some more, see how that goes.

Still up on the month so thats a positive at least.

Need to take a step back and think about what i am trying to do, i truth i don't think much has changed regarding my efforts / play throughout the challenge.

Played a bit of cash. i guess its hands like this that make or break a session.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    HayleyR27Small blind£0.02£0.02£9.94
    coo1-umBig blind£0.04£0.06£4.37
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • K
    Wildcad70Fold
    dutchpip09Raise£0.08£0.14£1.84
    nrood92Fold
    becky0020Fold
    HayleyR27Raise£0.26£0.40£9.68
    coo1-umRaise£0.48£0.88£3.89
    dutchpip09Call£0.44£1.32£1.40
    HayleyR27Call£0.24£1.56£9.44
    Flop
    • Q
    HayleyR27Check
    coo1-umCheck
    dutchpip09All-in£1.40£2.96£0.00
    HayleyR27All-in£9.44£12.40£0.00
    coo1-umAll-in£3.89£16.29£0.00
    HayleyR27Unmatched bet£5.55£10.74£5.55
    HayleyR27Show
    • Q
    • A
    coo1-umShow
    • K
    • K
    dutchpip09Show
    • A
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    • A
    dutchpip09WinTwo Pairs, Aces and Queens£2.66£2.66
    HayleyR27WinTwo Pairs, Aces and Queens£7.27£12.82

tilt bought into the £11 Bounty Hunter when all else failed

As another month draws out, i realise that my game has not changed during the year, continually i am happy to continue with the multi table mouse clicking, happy to take a flip anytime, push with any 2, play 3 different variants at the same time and many more know failings to boot and to be honest i don't know where to go with this.

Studying the game and opponents is obviously a way forward, though i'm not sure i have the aptitude or the inclination to do this. i'm too old for new tricks.

The whole point of this particular challenge was to show that anyone with a little knowledge of the game can still beat it providing they play low when they need to and takes shots to get higher. Sometimes players just want to play to play and the game is not necessarily results orientated.

Over time all my best results have come when i have been single tabling but i insist on starting multiple games if the knowledge that they is another waiting just around the corner, all you have to do is 'click' register after all.

Before this challenge began i decided that after my £10 starting stack i would not re-deposit, but still withdraw if certain figures were achieved. So whilst the current balance is over £600 i am effectively playing with £100, i will not be changing my stance on this, so those 28p DYM turbo's for points are not too far away.

So Until the end of August (Unless the August promo changes this) its max 2 games at a time.
    Full week update.
    The mid-week decision to max 2 tables seems to be working so far as we has + figures since hope that continues, and an increase week on week is never bad.

Not wanting to lose out 10p of value with the weekly token playing a DYM jumped into the early £3.30 PLO8 with looked like there would be overlay only 9 entrants, paid 2
    Decent start to the week.

Another profitable week and month +20% as well
    Ditching the max 2 tables and upping to 4 with the 3 takedown games in mind added to the more dubious plays whilst only playing 2.