You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Did the SKY gods kindly gift you a free ticket to the SPT, but then bust you with AA?

Stork8Stork8 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2021 in Poker Chat

Did the SKY gods kindly gift you a free ticket to the SPT, but then bust you with AA? 11 votes

Yes, My AA got cracked by some bandit who was eyeing off a bounty
27%
Sunday8pmsighcallStork8 3 votes
No, I put it all in with Q5s and only have myself to blame
72%
goldnballzTheEdge949mumsiePKRParDivsDreamscraigcu12cabbazdestinycod 8 votes

Comments

• AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    edited February 2021
    Sorry for your loss.

Was it in the first hand? That would be premium grade salty.

Mid way through day 2 I saw the chipleader lose AQ<AA two hands on the trot, fair but rough. He exited the SPT a few hands later when his AA got gubbed by AK.

Always someone worse than you in poker.:)
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    I believe I saw @MattBates go out on day two with A/A to 10/8s which turned into a straight to the Q
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    TVSpice said:

I believe I saw @MattBates go out on day two with A/A to 10/8s which turned into a straight to the Q

I saw that too, I nearly fell off my chair! I think he'd lost a big pot the hand before too. I had only just joined the table to rail Matt too.

It may also have been that table where I watched AA get cracked 3 times in a row.

I got dealt AA for my very first hand in the SPT and was pleased to pick up 1000 chips after my continuation bet took it down. I was thinking as soon as it was dealt, 'Oh no what if it all goes in pre flop and I lose! I could be first out having only played one hand and that was AA!' I need to work on my positive thinking whilst playing!

I exited with a paltry QQ v A10 AIP so a bad beat yes, but not an AA one.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    edited February 2021
    The Sky Gods did not give me a free ticket, even though I had a LOT of tickets.
    At the business end, I went from 3/32 to 30/32 thanks to my AA being aipf & rivered.

But I still think the Sky Gods treated me pretty fairly....
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    TVSpice said:

yes, I did bust like that when itm on day 2. It was annoying but it happens.