You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Multi tabling

KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
edited April 2021 in Poker Chat
Im not a multi table player,tried it and head almost exploded,so im just wondering how you can keep track of all the shenanigans going on each table.a player ive played several times has 20+ tables open how is that possible.not a complaint just an obbo,much love to all of you

Comments

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I found adding tables to a level where I struggled then dropping down helped get me to a stage where I can play a fair few tables.

I don't think many, if any, play that many tables on sky but most regs will be playing say 6 tables. As you add tables you will miss some information. Experience and good notes help with this. With table count its about reducing variance and increasing your hourly.
  • IamAll_EnIamAll_En Member Posts: 45
    Nice one Matt , I just assumed you had about 10 open and 4 other sites. Makes me feel more comfortable with my decision to only ever 4 table.

Also .. if I can dig it out , do you mind if I DM you about a hand we played last night. Saying that it's to help plug a leak in my game so I would understand if you didnt want too ha. ((or just give me ****. advice :D )
  • KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    I only play Sky mattbates ,its this site said player had roughly 20 tables running and regd for another dozen,all dym or heads up
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited April 2021
    I'm the player you're referring to. I'm playing tables more than usual with the streak week promotion. DYM's are easy to mass table given they are mainly a preflop game with lots of standard spots. I do generally play a lot more tables than the average regular does though. I have played millions of hands of shallow stacked poker and heads up, so can auto pilot them pretty well also, with the trade off being that I won't always be adjusting perfectly to the players at my table. I tend to put the majority of my focus on the most important games that are running and auto pilot the rest. Like Matt said it's about trying to maximise your hourly rather than your £ per table.
  • KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    Top player with a very good mindset n good person too boot
  • wibbzwibbz Member Posts: 14
    Once you can handle how ever many tables you're playing, add one more and see how you get on, if you're not making good decisions you aren't ready, but personally I find 3 or 4 tables best. Sky's software is a little laggy so I'm not comfortable with more, and I find if I only play one I get bored and try to win every pot.
  • toonblazertoonblazer Member Posts: 43
    edited February 10
    yeah personally only multitable if a few good tourneys cross paths i the day
  • PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236

I'm the player you're referring to. I'm playing tables more than usual with the streak week promotion. DYM's are easy to mass table given they are mainly a preflop game with lots of standard spots. I do generally play a lot more tables than the average regular does though. I have played millions of hands of shallow stacked poker and heads up, so can auto pilot them pretty well also, with the trade off being that I won't always be adjusting perfectly to the players at my table. I tend to put the majority of my focus on the most important games that are running and auto pilot the rest. Like Matt said it's about trying to maximise your hourly rather than your £ per table.

respect to you groggy , always a tough opponent . can i ask how big is your monitor , do you have all the games visible at the same time ?
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824

respect to you groggy , always a tough opponent . can i ask how big is your monitor , do you have all the games visible at the same time ?
    I have all tables visible at once. I have a 49 inch Samsung Monitor as my main monitor and then a secondary monitor where I sometimes put lobbies/spotify/ discord etc. I used to run 3 monitors but very happy I upgraded.
  • ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    I played on Sky very little to being with many years ago and remember Matt Bates on some my tables, no longer see him play? Has he moved aboard or something?