You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

how aplayer cheated to cost another money on purpose i have never been so upset

babyluke10babyluke10 Member Posts: 25
edited April 2021 in Poker Chat
best man win ok but to cheat like that was a disgrace never thought of sky like that its a shame

Comments

• babyluke10babyluke10 Member Posts: 25
    so upset i cant speak so bad so bad
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,524
    its not cheating its exploiting the situation. I am the alleged cheater however this is not cheating.

So here is the situation that happened I was on the final table one player was sitting out my button was when he was in the BB this is significant. So I was attacking the blinds on the button wider then normal because I only had to get through one player. The SB adapted by coming over the top of me and raising wide this was resolved when he jammed KT into me and I called of with TT.

now whenever I was in the small blind the sitting out player was in the BB. I now had a big stack later I took out another player leaving a situation where with blinds with 1/2k I had a stack of 180k one player had 20k and the other had 14k. the sitting out player had 8k.

basically because of ICM the other players couldnt tango with me because they waiting for the other guy to busto.

so I started jamming nearly everything and min raising the sb with 100% to wittle the sitting out player down to 1bb.

Then I folded to the sitting out player to keep him in so I could use the situation to wind down the other two players stacks to make victory almost certain. this ended with the other two stacks been blinded out and the sitting out player coming 2nd.

This is not cheating this is playing the situation. in the same way that in dons people shove wide knowing others cannot call and they fold strong hands which would usually be a call because of ICM.

I know as an absolute fact that other regs have used this tactic in similiar spots because when I was sitting out due to issues with the site I ended up coming second when I missed the entire final table despite not having much of a stack going in how did that happen would need a miracle if something like this wasnt going on I cant say for 100% because table had frozen so didnt see but highly unlikely to be anything else.

I have also seen a reg complaining about two blue players (in my colour rankings blue is pro does this for a living its my top ranking colour regs are ranked red second ranking colour)

Seeing how the other players were playing for second and willing to fold their way to it taking out the sitting out player would be highly illogical. If the other two players had shoved for the BB or called of my shoves with hands that have odds against random hand then my tactic would have been weak play.

What am I supposed to do here deliberately play in a way against my interests because of some sense of fair play?

Bottom line I played in a way that exploited how my opponents were playing to max efficiency. That is what your supposed to do in poker. i

Further I had no intention of deliberately costing any player money, In all honesty when I am at the table I play in a way which is arguably completely selfish. I play only for my own interests I dont care during play how that affects other peoples profit or win I do what is purely in my interest to give me what I think is the best chance of making the most money as possible.

There are players I like on the site who in non covid times I would happily go for a drink with but during play I wont show them any mercy and will do whatever I think makes me the most money regardless of whether it hurts their win rate or not.

There are players on this site who I have not got on well with in the past, I wont go after them and play in a way of personal grudge I will do whatever I can to take their money.

I dont go out my way to help anyone else or hurt anyone else I only go after my max profit.

I have nothing to apologise for, this isnt cheating, and its just me playing in a way I believe maxed my chances of winning. Its nothing personal.

• weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Sounds to me like you played it perfectly
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Doubleme said:

its not cheating its exploiting the situation. I am the alleged cheater however this is not cheating.

So here is the situation that happened I was on the final table one player was sitting out my button was when he was in the BB this is significant. So I was attacking the blinds on the button wider then normal because I only had to get through one player. The SB adapted by coming over the top of me and raising wide this was resolved when he jammed KT into me and I called of with TT.

now whenever I was in the small blind the sitting out player was in the BB. I now had a big stack later I took out another player leaving a situation where with blinds with 1/2k I had a stack of 180k one player had 20k and the other had 14k. the sitting out player had 8k.

basically because of ICM the other players couldnt tango with me because they waiting for the other guy to busto.

so I started jamming nearly everything and min raising the sb with 100% to wittle the sitting out player down to 1bb.

Then I folded to the sitting out player to keep him in so I could use the situation to wind down the other two players stacks to make victory almost certain. this ended with the other two stacks been blinded out and the sitting out player coming 2nd.

This is not cheating this is playing the situation. in the same way that in dons people shove wide knowing others cannot call and they fold strong hands which would usually be a call because of ICM.

I know as an absolute fact that other regs have used this tactic in similiar spots because when I was sitting out due to issues with the site I ended up coming second when I missed the entire final table despite not having much of a stack going in how did that happen would need a miracle if something like this wasnt going on I cant say for 100% because table had frozen so didnt see but highly unlikely to be anything else.

I have also seen a reg complaining about two blue players (in my colour rankings blue is pro does this for a living its my top ranking colour regs are ranked red second ranking colour)

Seeing how the other players were playing for second and willing to fold their way to it taking out the sitting out player would be highly illogical. If the other two players had shoved for the BB or called of my shoves with hands that have odds against random hand then my tactic would have been weak play.

What am I supposed to do here deliberately play in a way against my interests because of some sense of fair play?

Bottom line I played in a way that exploited how my opponents were playing to max efficiency. That is what your supposed to do in poker. i

Further I had no intention of deliberately costing any player money, In all honesty when I am at the table I play in a way which is arguably completely selfish. I play only for my own interests I dont care during play how that affects other peoples profit or win I do what is purely in my interest to give me what I think is the best chance of making the most money as possible.

There are players I like on the site who in non covid times I would happily go for a drink with but during play I wont show them any mercy and will do whatever I think makes me the most money regardless of whether it hurts their win rate or not.

There are players on this site who I have not got on well with in the past, I wont go after them and play in a way of personal grudge I will do whatever I can to take their money.

I dont go out my way to help anyone else or hurt anyone else I only go after my max profit.

I have nothing to apologise for, this isnt cheating, and its just me playing in a way I believe maxed my chances of winning. Its nothing personal.

That's a lot of words to say ''I kept an away player in the game for my benefit''.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    weecheez1 said:

Sounds to me like you played it perfectly

I agree not sure i'am ruthless enough to fold to the away player to keep exploiting the situation but definitely not cheating. It's similar to the big stack exploiting the situation when the bubble is coming up. And how was it sky's fault?
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Yes have seen this before if I was in same position I would do the same it just puts pressure on other players as they don't want to bust before the away player.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165

so upset i cant speak so bad so bad

.. or use punctuation and stuff like that. Hope you've got over it now :)
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    Its a standard play and you did it well.

Also, its on the other opponents to adapt which they clearly did not. I would have just shrugged and went with a hand I thought was best. Just by pushing back a little would make you adjust your tactic to said player, no?
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    What you do with your chips and your cards is your right always play the situation no friends at the table good luck
  • urur Member Posts: 1
    I think babyluke has the right name
  • benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    defo not cheating.
    i can see two sides to this., neither in favour of baby luke.
    in fairness i wouldnt like to give money to someone who has sat out for ages an opportunity to cash for doing nothing. its on all the remaining players to play their own game. if you have 180k and two others have 20k and 14k im guessing you would be quietly confident in finishing first without having to dump off a tiny amount of chips to keep another player in the game to help your idea. if you had a smaller stack i might see the idea of what you were doing but not when you seem to have the table controlled . well done on the win you cheeky monkey
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,524

defo not cheating.
    i can see two sides to this., neither in favour of baby luke.
    in fairness i wouldnt like to give money to someone who has sat out for ages an opportunity to cash for doing nothing. its on all the remaining players to play their own game. if you have 180k and two others have 20k and 14k im guessing you would be quietly confident in finishing first without having to dump off a tiny amount of chips to keep another player in the game to help your idea. if you had a smaller stack i might see the idea of what you were doing but not when you seem to have the table controlled . well done on the win you cheeky monkey

well yes and no ignoring the player who is sitting out because he cant have an impact we have in this scenario that I have 180k chips and there are 180k+ 14k +20k=214000 chips in play the 8k for the sitting out player is irrelevant to the point I am about to make. so 180000/214000=0.841 so I have 84.1% of the chips in play therefore I arguably have an 84.1% chance of winning all things been equal. Now I have played enough spin and goes and enough heads up hypers to see spots where a lead like this fails to take the win. Yes the majority of the time it will but enough of the time it doesnt. how much of a skill edge can people have at short stacks well enough to turn a profit as my record at heads up hypers and spins shows but in this situation I think it unlikely I can extend my chances to beyond 90% 90% chance of winning if the sitting out player is removed is ambitious I exceed 84% because I believe I have a skill edge at 3 handed short stack but not enough to get to 90% win here so I have somewhere between an 84%-90% chance of winning.

by the way I played I extended that to 99% so why give up at least a 10% greater chance of winning? more then 85% of the chance here I win regardless. However 10-15% of the time someone comes back and I come second or third. to take 85%-90% chance of the win instead of 99% is basically lighting money on fire in the long run.