You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

sky employees

cymru35cymru35 Member Posts: 25
edited April 2021 in Poker Chat
How many sky employees are paid to play on the poker tables? Under the freedom of information act you should tell me . I await your answer

Comments

• cymru35cymru35 Member Posts: 25
    dont think i will hold my breath
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Just @MattBates as far as I'm aware
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    I think you likely have psychological problems and need to quit playing.

Sky does not have their own employees playing on the site. That is forbidden by their Tocs. If sky do have employees playing on the site then they are lying to all of us so would not reveal anything under freedom of information act.

Also this post in the forums is not the proper way to ask for things under the information act. Something about you reminds me of this person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8k2GLiM90.

It amazes me how people who put little to no work into their game somehow think they should be able to turn consistent profits against people who do put work in.

Then when they cant get results its obviously because foul play/rigged

not because they are been outplayed.

• FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Doubleme said:

I think you likely have psychological problems and need to quit playing.

Sky does not have their own employees playing on the site. That is forbidden by their Tocs. If sky do have employees playing on the site then they are lying to all of us so would not reveal anything under freedom of information act.

Sounds like something a Sky employee would say.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2021
    cymru35 said:

How many sky employees are paid to play on the poker tables? Under the freedom of information act you should tell me . I await your answer

Under the FOIA hahaha. Did your mate down the pub tell you that or your lawyer? I'd worry if it was the latter...
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,240
    cymru35 said:

Have you read the the FOIA? The part where it refers to disclosure of information held by ‘public authorities’ might be of particular relevance.

• cymru35cymru35 Member Posts: 25
    Doubleme I never mentioned bad results or anything else you implied i just want to know how many are paid to play the poker tables and if you think there are none thats up to you . It does seem like a strange answer though
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    cymru35 said:

Doubleme I never mentioned bad results or anything else you implied i just want to know how many are paid to play the poker tables and if you think there are none thats up to you . It does seem like a strange answer though

well some sites have sponsored pros I guess they are paid to play but they rarely have a requirement to play any specific amount if at all.

if you define winning regs as been paid since they making a profit then the numbers get quite a few, but sky have never offered me any money to play any amount my results just net me a profit.

I dont think sky have any sponsored pros I may be wrong though a lot of sites do.

However no legitimate site I have ever known has had players that play for the site in the sense that the money they win goes to the site not themselves. I am assuming this is what you mean?

It seems wrong when someone does something stupid or that you believe to be stupid and they win. Eg the person calling you of with K4 off suit spikes a 4 and beats your AK or they spike a K and beat your QQ or even worse they suck out against your KK.

I get it it is frustrating. that been said its ultimately where the money comes from. although some of the time they are actually correct to call of with this eg when one or both of you are very short stacked or Bounty factors etc.

Sky have no incentive to rig or cheat, every game that runs they get their cut no matter what. If I play you at a heads up hyper sky have no incentive on who wins if we both buy in for £10.50 sky get 50p of both of us. Sky make £1 from that game no matter what. ignoring factors like bonuses/rake back.

If sky got caught rigging the software for their own staff to steal money for the site it would risk their entire business should that be found out.

I have heard many riggy theories, most miss the point and dont get that these ideas would actually be bad for the sites not good.

among riggy ideas have been juicing the pot by making big clash hands eg AA vs KK this would lead to players busting quicker generating less rake in cash I guess it would speed up MTTS but if people feel they did not get good value play for their money they are unlikely to keep playing as much. either way the site lose rake like that.

Most casual players think the site rig it against them this is absurd the site benefits from rake the lower the winrates of good players the more rake the site will take.

If a site was ever to rig the deal (which seems unlikely) the way they would do it logically would be to rig the deal slightly in favour of the weaker players. To lower the better players edges. This would be hard though because quite often the money the regs make often involves marginal profits from lots of plays that end up stacking up to a lot of profit. if you alter the odds slightly it could erode entirely the better players edge.

Also a rig could risk potentially been spotted and result in the site losing its business. Many poker sites actually alter the game types to lower better players edges. Such things as increasing the rake/running turbo games so less spots for edges and quick play such as rush poker so weaker players are more incentivised to tighten up.

It makes much more sense to lower regs edge via these means then to outright rig it and risk their business.

Sky ban huds and other software which give regs an edge they have smaller fields which lowers regs roi thus increasing rake, and Skys rake tends to be higher in most formats.

Hence sky poker is a site which has weaker players lower win rates but also lower variance, and thus is a great place to start trying to make it in poker.

However sky is not the best site for those that want to make a killing from the game.

as a small stakes player making a profit hoping to work towards becoming a pro sky is an ideal choice for me right now.

Should I start to take off properly and want to see much larger profits eventually I would leave sky behind almost entirely.

I assume you want to be profitable at poker right now you are not. currently sky is one of if not your best options out there to improve and become profitable.

don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Gp1991Gp1991 Member Posts: 27
    I don't see the harm in putting up satellite dishes and installing TV's in the day and playing poker on here of an evening myself.