You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£250 to £5k Challenge | BR £2,378.77 + £220 & £110 UKOPs Seats

124»

Comments

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    Absolutely smashed it with the Streak Weak promo mate, really pleased for you.

Halfway to that 5k now!
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    ^ what @Asho28 said. What a sensational couple of weeks, lovely stuff.
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    SR23 said:

^ what @Asho28 said. What a sensational couple of weeks, lovely stuff.

+1. (or is it +2)
    whatever, keep it up.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    fantastic
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    Insane..£11 tdym's ftw😂
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    Thanks for the above posts, guys. The support is appreciated.

Just another small update so I'm not falling behind again having to catch up with a few weeks worth of play.

Tonight I continued playing those TDYMs. 36 of them to be precise. All at £11 level. Won 22 of them. Adding another £44 to the balance.

Now, I am in a bit of a quandary. Do I continue playing this format for the rest of the month to earn the 10k monthly points in order to receive a monthly rakeback payment?

At the moment, I'd need to play around 350 more of them. Which is quite achievable. By doing so I'd probably earn at least another £40 in the two remaining weeks and then a minimum of £100 monthly rakeback. How likely will I go on a ~20 buyin downswing from now until then, to make it worthwhile, is the question?

I'd like to wish all the forum-ers well in the eliminator freerolls. I would only really be able to play 3 or 4 of them in the week, so I'm not holding out much hope but I've had my fair share of promotional gains in the last month.

Catherine Tate once used an expression to describe my thoughts on that... "Am I bovvered?" :D

Daily Profit: £44
    Current BR: £2,586.62

Thanks for reading,

Good luck at the tables
    Time for another one of these exciting updates.

My quandary has been answered. I persevered with those TDYMs to aim for my first ever Priority 10,000 point month.

After winning 13 from the first 15 games, it looked very promising. However that profit quickly evaporated just as quick. It was then a breakeven-ish spell for the next 200 or so games. The bad news is the next 75 or so games produced maybe the worst downswing since starting to play these DYMs again, though, recouped a little from my sessions today.

With the frustrations of last night's sessions of DYMS I sat at a spin up table, essentially throwing all that maintained discipline over that last 5 months or so out the window. It was purely a bit of fun to break from the monotonousness from all those DYMs played over previous weeks. This shot, fortunately ended with around £100 profit.

Now the better news. The 10k monthly points total has been breached, a week earlier than needed. That means I can now put those blasted TDYMs to bed and forget about them until the next appropriate promotion comes around. Back to playing and concentrating on MTTs, which I find far more fun and just in time for UKOPS where I will most definitely be taking some shots and finally putting that proposed plan, from before Streak Week, into action... to play some satties, and hopefully win some HR seats.

Also. MML. Watch out. I'll be back! Looking forward to reading the thread daily again.

Last thing to add, since last update, I only played the Mini Major and a handful of reward freerolls and UKOPs eliminators with zero return.

==================

New results.

MTTs
    Played: 6
    Profit: -£11

SPIN UPS
    Profit: +£107.10

SNGs
    TDYM
    £2.20 | Played 3 | Won 1 | Lost 2 | Profit -£2.60
    £3.30 | Played 6 | Won 3 | Lost 3 | Profit -£1.80
    £5.50 | Played 74 | Won 40 | Lost 34 | Profit -£7
    £11.00 | Played 245 | Won 132 | Lost 113 | Profit -£55
    £16.50 | Played 5 | Won 3 | Lost 2 | Profit +£7.50
    £22.00 | Played 11 | Won 5 | Lost 6 | Profit -£42
    £33.00 | Played 1 | Won 0 | Lost 1 | Profit -£33

Profit: -£133.90

REWARDS
    Weekly Rakeback: £43.94

==================
    ==================

TOTALS
    Starting BR: £250

Tournies
    Played: 2,009
    Staked: £15,515.95
    Winnings: £15,892.30
    Av. Stake: £7.72
    Av. Winnings: £7.91
    ITM: 901
    ITM%: 44.85%
    ROI: 2.43%
    Profit: £376.35

Cash Games
    Profit: £341.95

tickets/bonuses/credits: £1,624.46

Current BR: £2,592.76

Thanks for reading.
    Onwards and upwards. See you at the tables.
    Before UKOPs start, I feel a quick update is due.

I've not played much since last update, barring some satellites and a couple MTTs. Only notable wins were winning a seat to Event #27 Highroller, which I am really excited about, and a couple of £33 main event seats that resulted in no cashes.

Since my BR is quite healthy now, I've decided to reward myself and take a few shots during UKOPs. It may possibly be the only chance to reach my initial target of a 5k BR before the end of year if I'm lucky enough to run well in an event or two. Entirely possible. Even if not remotely successful and my BR takes a bit of a hit, which I am totally expecting if I'm honest. There's no real harm done, as lots of fun would be had.

There's definitely something thrilling and exciting about playing the big one-off events with bigger prizepools. It's a change from the regular daily games, that's for sure.

My plan at the moment is to play most of the £55 and under non-unlimited-rebuy events (when I'm available), and try to satellite into any higher ones. I'll probably not play much else during UKOPs.

One thing is for sure, next time UKOPs come around or other sky online poker series, I will be looking to take some time off work to make the most of it. Finishing at 10pm some nights of the week sure does get in the way of these things.

Finally, I wish everyone taking part in UKOPs good luck.

========

Current BR: £2,499.77 + £220 UKOPS Ticket

Thanks for reading
    Onwards & upwards. See you at the tables.
  • JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 203
    Gl during the UKOPS, good read thedazzman
    I'll try an update this after every day I play of UKOPs.

Day 1.

Was working til 10pm, so late regged event 5 and the UKOPs08 Semi Satty. And bought directly in to event 6.

There was only 15 players in the satellite with 4 seats guaranteed. That was basically one whole seat overlay. We were almost very lucky and got down to 4 players before late regged had ended. I was almost even more lucky as I hadn't even played a single hand at that point. That would have been a good investment, but another player then joined us. And I finished 4th for another seat won via satellites.

Unfortunately, the actual 2 events I played tonight ended in total blanks. Just wasn't my night with those it seemed. I also rebought into the last event.

Results.

Profit: -121 + £110 seat.

On to tomorrow. I'm hoping to see some regulars names in the results threads tomorrow.

Laters