You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Are you kidding me!!!

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,575
edited January 2022 in Poker Chat
So I went to login to my main poker account, different site. had some tech issues then quit out rebooted computer went back and balance gone completely. I contacted customer support and they said technical issues check back later.

Seriously does every single poker site have to have issues? why is it a life long quest to be able to play online without technical issues? do we live in 1986 or something?

so pretty alarmed to have an entire balance just outright disappear I guess I am playing on sky today instead now, but hopefully this will be resolved otherwise I will totally flip out. Not at sky because nothing to do with sky just venting my frustration here.

and before anyone goes to a certain south park meme its too obvious so its not as funny as you think so no need for it.

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    How much? Tree fiddy?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    edited January 2022
    Doubleme said:

So I went to login to my main poker account, different site. had some tech issues then quit out rebooted computer went back and balance gone completely. I contacted customer support and they said technical issues check back later.

Seriously does every single poker site have to have issues? why is it a life long quest to be able to play online without technical issues? do we live in 1986 or something?

so pretty alarmed to have an entire balance just outright disappear I guess I am playing on sky today instead now, but hopefully this will be resolved otherwise I will totally flip out. Not at sky because nothing to do with sky just venting my frustration here.

and before anyone goes to a certain south park meme its too obvious so its not as funny as you think so no need for it.

It is possible that this is a poker site issue. However, it is far, far more likely that this is a problem at your end. Because I have dealt with a hundred or so cases like this. And it is a lot easier to defraud you (or me) than a poker site.

Please do not answer any of the questions I am about to ask on here. For the simple reason that whoever has your money may be reading this.

1. "Some tech issues". Think carefully. Could someone have been able to utilise spyware on your computer? If so, they only need you to type your password once. Do you have different passwords for each site?
    2. Are you sure when you rang customer support it was really them? Any strange questions?
    3. Has anyone recently had access to your computer?
    4. Has anyone made any sort of payment in to your account? (Strangely, a payment out does not usually compromise your account. A payment in can)
    5. If you are a member of PocketFives, has anyone DM'd you on there asking for your opinion on a hand? Several have been scammed that way
    6. An entire balance does NOT "just outright disappear". There cannot be a debit without a corresponding credit. That means someone has either played on your account, or withdrawn from it. If the latter, they would need to have made a payment in, before the payment out. The site will be able to see that
    7. Do you still trust everyone who has access to your computer?
    8. Are you keeping a careful eye on other accounts? Do you need to warn them?

Hope that helps. Again, please do not reply to this.

I hope it is purely a temporary glitch on the site.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Any chance your girlfriend withdrew the balance to fund her music career?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Haha Ryan i was thinking of this when he gets his money back

• Options
    thanks for your concern essex in brief my account balance is now restored so looks like this may be the exception eg may be a technical error.

mattbates there it would be very unlikely my girlfriend would ever do something like this. My girlfriend for one does not know my account passwords, she does have an exceptional memory and if she physically saw me type my password and managed to follow I guess in theory she could get it.

All that been said my girlfriend would have little incentive she knows that if she ever needed funding to help her music career she would only have to ask me. I fully believe in her and would be confident I would get the money back at a later point.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Really so you'd invest in your girlfriends career. That may be believing but that is NOT supporting.

"Here babe take this money and live your dream"

" Oh I will expect it back"

Wow she is so lucky to have you.
  • Options

Really so you'd invest in your girlfriends career. That may be believing but that is NOT supporting.

We live together and plan on staying together so we share money and living expenses.

So if I become rich she benefits if she becomes rich I benefit.

since our money is pooled any money spent on one of us to further their career or earning potential affects both of us in the outcome.

Eg if she takes off and believes that by paying for poker coaching for me I can earn more she benefits if that works out too.

So any decision we make to fund one of our ambitions affects both of us.

However what the heck are you on about I just give my girlfriend money for the sake of it? do you think I should live in a Findom relationship look I don't know what works for you each to their own but I have a normal relationship.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Doubleme said:

We live together and plan on staying together so we share money and living expenses.

since our money is pooled any money spent on one of us to further their career or earning potential affects both of us in the outcome.

Eg if she takes off and believes that by paying for poker coaching for me I can earn more she benefits if that works out too.

However what the heck are you on about I just give my girlfriend money for the sake of it? do you think I should live in a Findom relationship look I don't know what works for you each to their own but I have a normal relationship.
    Hmmmm

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Jac35 said:

Doubleme said:

Hmmmm

The clue is in the title
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Doubleme said:

People like to take the micky and that's fine. Personally it's quite boring, what is the question?
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

thanks for your concern essex in brief my account balance is now restored so looks like this may be the exception eg may be a technical error.

mattbates there it would be very unlikely my girlfriend would ever do something like this. My girlfriend for one does not know my account passwords, she does have an exceptional memory and if she physically saw me type my password and managed to follow I guess in theory she could get it.

All that been said my girlfriend would have little incentive she knows that if she ever needed funding to help her music career she would only have to ask me. I fully believe in her and would be confident I would get the money back at a later point.

Reckon Essexphil is the only person worth listening to frankly itt. Sorry, some like the low hanging stuff and it's a them thing ;)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    yeah your rayte Phil is the voice of reason, but don't you think doubleme brings the gallows humour , cuz that's what it is ,there's no abuse , on himself with some of the stuff he posts
  • Options
    stokefc said:

yeah your rayte Phil is the voice of reason, but don't you think doubleme brings the gallows humour , cuz that's what it is ,there's no abuse , on himself with some of the stuff he posts

Maybe he does, was a little unfair to some ITT actually. It's not my cup of tea, will wind my neck in :)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Doubleme said:

You say you'd be confident of getting the money back. It's there in print, your words. So I stand by my statement that that isn't supporting. Supporting is giving her the money with no presupposition of seeing it again.

Me, I live in a normal relationship, it has ups, downs, laughter, tears, joy, sadness, great times and bad times.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Cammykaze said:

stokefc said:

Maybe he does, was a little unfair to some ITT actually. It's not my cup of tea, will wind my neck in :)
    Well it was after 5am Cammy ! :o
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited January 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

Cammykaze said:

stokefc said:

Well it was after 5am Cammy ! :o
    I think he must have fell off the wagon. He knows where I am if he wants to drunk dial me at 3am yet again, if he can reach his phone from his high horse anyway.