You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Free Sky Bet Tuesday

thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
edited March 2022 in Sports & Betting Chat
Know its free promo but but by my rough calculation a 165% over round 😉.

Don't top up the tenner lads and lasses!

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Blooming heck that's less value than shares in Chelsea.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    WAIT until the day itself .... Some horses will shorten in the betting but most will often drift out markedly 'coz SKYBET have to be competitive, though they're pretty much always shorter than the majority of firms.

Usually SKY have great EXTRA PLACES each way betting..... but the Tuesday 1st Race free £10 is just on the WIN part

GOOD LUCK everyone ........ I can't wait for it all to start :)
  • Options
    I am excited too. Best meeting of year by miles. Been to them all even the defunct Southwell fest 😉.

If it's place betting though forget Sky do it on Betfairy guaranteed to be better than Sky.

Good Luck all.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    It's non-runner no bet and a few of the market leaders are also declared in novice hurdle later in the week hence the high over-round.

Considering the odds I like Mighty Potter best.
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

It's non-runner no bet and a few of the market leaders are also declared in novice hurdle later in the week hence the high over-round.

Kevin Blake ......(who is seriously shrewd) has been tipping this for quite a while now :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

gregkdy82 said:

Kevin Blake ......(who is seriously shrewd) has been tipping this for quite a while now :)
    Really? Feeling pleased with myself now haha. Yes he is a good a tipster as you will see on the racing. I actually just read his '5 best bets for Cheltenham' article on Betfair only a couple of hours ago and put them in a Canadian. Mighty Potter wasn't included though. I came up with that one myself :)

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/cheltenham/kevin-blakes-cheltenham-festival-tips-five-best-bets-across-the-week-080322-288.html
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
    thefall said:

Know its free promo but but by my rough calculation a 165% over round 😉.

Don't top up the tenner lads and lasses!

@thefall

In the context of the comment by @gregkdy82 it's not really 165% over-round if you think about it;

"It's non-runner no bet and a few of the market leaders are also declared in novice hurdle later in the week hence the high over-round."
  • Options
    No one ever complains about a free bet lol.

Just don't top it up!
  • Options
    It's still undecided but there's a strong possibility that 2nd fav SIR GERHARD (9/4) may switch to Ballymore 2 1/2miler on Wednesday (1st Race) which would be a shame, but would take around 30% (I think) off the over-round

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/sir-gerhard-set-to-take-ballymore-option-at-cheltenham-festival/199095
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Sir Gerhard 10.5 on the exchanges for the Supreme, not a lot of liquidity at the moment.
  • Options
    Dysart Dynamo also declared in 2 1/2 mile novice hurdle. Saw a video with Ruby Walsh the other day (I think with Paddy Power) where he says Dynamo and Gerhard will definitely be split between the two races. Paul Towend is booked for both horses he tells us. He also said whichever one runs in the Ballymore will definitely win as its a much weaker race than the supreme. Obviously with Walsh being the former stable jockey you would expect his info to be correct. Tried to find the article to link but seems to have disappeared.

My score is down on Mighty Potter at 9s anyway thihk it will get much shorter when one of the aforementioned horses drops out. The money back offer is for max £20 not a tenner. Very generous offer even if it was a dodgy over round. Why wouldn't you top up £20 when you're at worst guaranteed your money back?

I've watched all of Sir Gerhard's runs this season and he has some engine but has made a good few mistakes over the hurdles, which makes me think he will be the one who goes for the longer race.
  • Options
    Good luck with your bet Greg in fact good luck everyone who takes on the bookies. There's a bit if 12s around on the exchange as I type.

For what it's worth I'll be on Jonbon small. Bit worried about the Henderson team but bring it on.

CANT WAIT!!
  • Options
    I'm only allowed £10 ..... which is £10 more than Terry @vaigret

From memory I was allowed £20 when DOUVAN won ......most confident I've ever been about a horse winning a race at CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL

.....and even better with Money back if it loses Offer :)
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    I have lived near Cheltenham racecourse for the past 50 years.

My father was a bookmaker.

I have intimate knowledge of the course, betting structure and racing contacts.

I also have pin that anyone is welcome to borrow to enable them to select a winner at the Gold Cup meeting.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited March 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

From memory I was allowed £20 when DOUVAN won ......most confident I've ever been about a horse winning a race at CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL

yes I dont know why I cant get Sky offers especially as I cant remember ever winning with them let alone big. Ce la vie not really worried just hope nobody else falls foul
  • Options
    vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

yes I dont know why I cant get Sky offers especially as I cant remember ever winning with them let alone big. Ce la vie not really worried just hope nobody else falls foul
    @vaigret

Obviously your reputation precedes you Terry.....and the Bookies are running scared !

.......unless it's Tony @Tikay10 giving them the HUp ;):D

I would check with Cust. services and ask why if I was you mate

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

@vaigret

Obviously your reputation precedes you Terry.....and the Bookies are running scared !

i have twice, both times they did me, just said your account doesnt qualify and wouldnt give a str8 answer to why. Dont touch them now. not when my fav bookie continues to give me £ 5 free bets, £5 in my account most weeks and I havent put anything in it for 10 years now. And they pay you out when you do Huddersfield to beat West Brom and its 2-2 result, something called early payout !!!
  • Options
    vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

MISTY4ME said:

@vaigret

i have twice, both times they did me, just said your account doesnt qualify and wouldnt give a str8 answer to why. Dont touch them now. not when my fav bookie continues to give me £ 5 free bets, £5 in my account most weeks and I havent put anything in it for 10 years now. And they pay you out when you do Huddersfield to beat West Brom and its 2-2 result, something called early payout !!!
    Yeh they're GREAT 365 days of the Year ;)

...and they're doing more extra places in more races .......and are always better prices than SKY
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    Potential Returns: £100.00

Re-use selections
    Tomorrow
    
    Tue 13:30

4 - Jonbon @ 5.00
    Win

13.30 Cheltenham: Sky Bet Supreme - Money Back As Cash if Your Horse Loses (T's and C's Apply)
    Free to watch shortly before 13:30
    JockeyAidan Coleman
    TrainerN J Henderson
    Form11-111
    Distance2m 87y