You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sets Are Best - CraigSG1 Diary. UPDATE

Comments

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    88 please, good luck :)
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    I think 69 sounds like a good number
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    edited April 2022
    benc said:

Well played on passing the £250 challenge, just had a look at your scope really impressive any plans to jump in some higher mtt's? saw you mention the £7 i imagine you'd be crushing in the 11s as well

Hi @benc, thank you very much! I would love to play some higher buy-ins and i did used to do well back in the day. But with a different job and this being my only site i dont get the chance much at all. All the bigger buy ins start around 8 and i dont have the time to commit to playing past 11/12 at night which i am gutted about. Also, sites like Pokerstars have fields which are huge and mean the MTT lasts around 8-10 hours or more.

PS Dont forget to enter the competition!

Surpassing your initial goal in such a short period of time. What a great achievement @CraigSG1 - Well done!

Wins in MTTs can be very few and far between or like buses, when loads come along at once. As long as you are playing well enough - which you seem to be doing - the wins will surely follow.

Thanks for competition idea, and lovely gesture of a prize from @Tikay10 , may I please have a guess of 29 bounties, although, I really wish you win a whole lot more :D

Good luck!

Thank you @thedazzman I love all the comments i get on here, so to get nice ones is even better so thank you.

Thanks again @Tikay10 for the prize and your lovely comments - all comments i recieve mean a lot and i get a buzz from getting them and also thanks for plugging my diary and the competition!
    edited April 2022
    UPDATED TABLE

MAY COMPETITION **£11 MTT TICKET PRIZE**

NAME.....................BOUNTIES

thedazzman..............29
    _Mr_Chips_................47
    Asho28.....................48
    MISTY4ME.................59
    poppy765..................62
    waller02....................65
    Toffeeandy................69
    mumsie.....................75
    banc..........................77
    TheEdge949..............77
    FORDAKIDZ...............84
    splashies...................88

**IN THE EVENT OF TIE I WILL BE KEEPING THE NUMBER OF HEADS I TAKE IN THE £5BH SECRET SO THAT CAN ACT AS A TIE BREAKER QUESTION**
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,053
    edited April 2022

Fair enough, getting the life balance right always the most important thing.
    I'll go for 77 bounties, gl gl
  • _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 245
    Only just seen this and have no idea what I'm basing this on. 47 for me please
  • poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,495
    Goodluck on the tables :)
    I'll guess 62 bounties in May, Thanks!
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    Good Luck buddy, I'll have a stab at 77 please.

Good Luck buddy, I'll have a stab at 77 please.

77 has been taken if you would like to add another guess? @TheEdge949
    Just a reminder to everyone to get their guesses in soon. Closing date Sunday 6pm!
    Ok can I have 72 please.
    UPDATED TABLE

MAY COMPETITION **£11 MTT TICKET PRIZE**

NAME.....................BOUNTIES

thedazzman..............29
    _Mr_Chips_................47
    Asho28.....................48
    MISTY4ME.................59
    poppy765..................62
    waller02....................65
    Toffeeandy................69
    mumsie.....................75
    TheEdge949..............72
    benc..........................77
    FORDAKIDZ...............84
    splashies...................88

**IN THE EVENT OF TIE I WILL BE KEEPING THE NUMBER OF HEADS I TAKE IN THE £5BH SECRET SO THAT CAN ACT AS A TIE BREAKER QUESTION**

Hi all - so this is the table. If anyone spots a mistake please let me know. Entries are now closed and i have begun the competition. I was hoping for more but hopefully over the next few months word will get around and we will get more but good luck to all that entered and i really hope i hit a lot! Just for me of corse!

Lets see what tonight brings.
    Hi - so, this night could have gone so much better but only had an 11th in the £2BH to show for it.

That tourney went well, i had about seven attempts at bounties and only came away with three - the other four times i was well ahead in all but one which was AQ v KJ (and the guy i lost too just kept calling with worse hands to mine and win and then of corse knock me out in a race when he flopped a set!) only to lose and in one case have a runner runner chop pot.

The £5BH i had two attempts and again lost when ahead and i just didnt get piad in a couple of spots. I thought that was changing when i called an UTG raise with JJ and the flop came AQJ - made a FH and lost to a set of Queens! Then i got my last bit in with K10 - flopped two pair but lost to J7s that had flopped the flush!

The £7 BH i played well also but again just could not fade the maniacs and in that one I again couldnt get paid until i 3b all in the guy who raised most hands. He eventually called with AJo and hit a jack.

I must say i feel like i have added pressure on getting bounties because i feel like i want to run up a good total but im not changing my game which is good. I got it in for bounties ahead all but one time and that was because it was so little to call.

At the end of the night i know i played well so thats all i can do. I did save some hands but they are all just bad beats really - as if i need proof or something that i did indeed run bad but i do have a hand i think i played fine in the big picture so here it is...

MAY BOUNTY TOTAL: 3
    edited May 2022
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    NOSTRISmall blind10.0010.001390.00
    limpRIZKitBig blind20.0030.001780.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    ClaudiakFold
    CraigSG1Raise60.0090.002265.00
    StanOgdenCall60.00150.001800.00
    malone02Call60.00210.002890.00
    NOSTRIFold
    limpRIZKitFold
    Flop
    • A
    • J
    CraigSG1Check
    StanOgdenBet20.00230.001780.00
    malone02Call20.00250.002870.00
    CraigSG1Raise100.00350.002165.00
    StanOgdenRaise510.00860.001270.00
    Come on guys - what would you do here? I have no notes on StanOgden.
    I'm shoving on him, but then again I'm rubbish.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    CraigSG1 said:

Hi - so, this night could have gone so much better but only had an 11th in the £2BH to show for it.

That tourney went well, i had about seven attempts at bounties and only came away with three - the other four times i was well ahead in all but one which was AQ v KJ (and the guy i lost too just kept calling with worse hands to mine and win and then of corse knock me out in a race when he flopped a set!) only to lose and in one case have a runner runner chop pot.

The £5BH i had two attempts and again lost when ahead and i just didnt get piad in a couple of spots. I thought that was changing when i called an UTG raise with JJ and the flop came AQJ - made a FH and lost to a set of Queens! Then i got my last bit in with K10 - flopped two pair but lost to J7s that had flopped the flush!

The £7 BH i played well also but again just could not fade the maniacs and in that one I again couldnt get paid until i 3b all in the guy who raised most hands. He eventually called with AJo and hit a jack.

I must say i feel like i have added pressure on getting bounties because i feel like i want to run up a good total but im not changing my game which is good. I got it in for bounties ahead all but one time and that was because it was so little to call.

At the end of the night i know i played well so thats all i can do. I did save some hands but they are all just bad beats really - as if i need proof or something that i did indeed run bad but i do have a hand i think i played fine in the big picture so here it is...

MAY BOUNTY TOTAL: 3

No need to feel any pressure with getting bounties Craig, just play your natural game and you'll start racking them up. And as long as you've played well that's all you can do.

Saw you briefly in the £2.20 where you got pretty unlucky from what I saw. If it makes you feel better, I lost AQ v KQ for the win. Sometimes it's a cruel game mate.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    edited May 2022
    CraigSG1 said:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    NOSTRISmall blind10.0010.001390.00
    limpRIZKitBig blind20.0030.001780.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    ClaudiakFold
    CraigSG1Raise60.0090.002265.00
    StanOgdenCall60.00150.001800.00
    malone02Call60.00210.002890.00
    NOSTRIFold
    limpRIZKitFold
    Flop
    • A
    • J
    CraigSG1Check
    StanOgdenBet20.00230.001780.00
    malone02Call20.00250.002870.00
    CraigSG1Raise100.00350.002165.00
    StanOgdenRaise510.00860.001270.00
    Bit of a miserable spot really. What was the thinking behind checking the flop? The villain min betting out and then blasting it when you raised him seems a bit odd. I don't recall having any notes on him.

We do block the nuts (QK) but villain seems super strong here. The only hand that he might do this with that we're in good shape against is AQ, but other than that we're likely either behind or against a draw with a lot of equity (something like 89h, K9h etc.) No backdoor flush draw with no spades on the board. So it's a case of whether we're happy to get it in with top pair + gutshot against a villain who is extremely excited with his hand on a co-ordinated board. We do cover for the bounty, which would be a factor.

If we were shorter stacked (say 30BBs or so) then I'd likely go with it. In this scenario with 110BBs and no villain notes, I think it would be a supportable fold and probably one that I'd lean towards making. Tough one though, not completely sure and it might just be fine to go with for the bounty. Would be interested to see if anyone else has any opinions on it, but that's my two cents worth.
    @Asho28 Yeah, it was a strange one.

Your flop question is a good one, it was mainly for two reasons. Me being OOP and for pot control. Its a very wet coordinated board that if i am behind its normally by a lot. Im only ahead of AQ and weaker Aces and draws but not by a lot.

Im probably behind to the straight tbh and he got scared with the FD but also he could easily have AJ,A10,J10 even 1010. If he has K9,Q9,89 for example especially of hearts im gambling a lot with the amount of BBs i have.

One of my big weaknesses was getting all in with one pr on the flop early and my results always improve when i reevaluate hands better. For 20/30BB i may get this in but like you said for 100+ its just not good.

So, yes. I folded here.