You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£100 or Bust. The end is nigh, £0 in the bank and an over optimistic £5 Free Bet punt.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited May 2022 in Sports & Betting Chat
£100 and see how far it goes, the idea is to stake £25 (or such like) a week which will release a weekly £5 free bet. Probably go in increments of either £2.50 or £5.
This should last until at least the end of April.

So tonights football pits Patrick Vieira up against Arsenal, expecting a feisty affair with goals and a few bookings, saka 2+ SOT and 2+corners each team each half is temping @12/1 but we opt for.

£2.50 Over 1.5 goals, 5+ Arsenal corners, 3+ Crystal Palace corners and 10+ booking points each team @9/4
£2.50 Odegaard 1+ shot on target was 5/4 NOW @7/4

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023
    I've gone for Xhaka (6Yellows+1Red) & Gallagher (8Yellows) both to be carded 8/1.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023
    What a lacklustre performance from Arsenal that was,they need to come out fighting so a few cards may come.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,128
    lucy4 said:

What a lacklustre performance from Arsenal that was,they need to come out fighting so a few cards may come.

@lucy4

Dreadful.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    No return from last nights game which saw just 2 corners.

I really don't like the SOT market especially when this includes both multipal shots and players so whilst Mane and Salah 2 SOT each boosted to @9/1 seems inviting i am side stepping that one.

Instead tonights picks are;
    £2.50 Alexander-Arnold to have 1+ shots on target from outside the box and van Dijk to have 1+ headed shots on target boosted from @11/1 to @16/1
    £2.50 4 fold . Liverpool, Luton, Wycombe and wigan to win @6.18/1

Will worry about the running total once it gets nearer to £30.

No picks for Wednesday

Thursday £5 Colin Morikawa @18/1 is my Hotshots pick for the masters. includes £1 free bet for every birdie in the first round.
  • Options
    Neither SOT market came in but the ignored Salah + Mane bet would have had more chance were they not both substituted in the 61st minute with the bet only requiring 1 more Mane SOT.

An 87th minute Peterborough equaliser against Luton meant the 4 fold failed too so another total flop.

Tonight was going to be a night off but as we are now chasing our losses (not advisable under any circumstances) and a Bore Draw on the cards we cannot resist.

£2.50 Burnley 0-0 Everton @7/1
    and just for balance.
    £2.50 Under 3.5 goals, each team 3+ corners and each team 10+ booking pts Evens

Looking for a few first round birdies from Morikawa tomorrow then.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    3 goals in the first half and a couple of booking means we are looking for a goalless half and 2 Everton corners in the 2nd to break even.

That fails and we need Morikawa to hit 15 birdies tomorrow to claw the losses back in free bets.

Ah well.
    Back to the drawing board
    Tomorrow is another day
    Then I guess tomorrow, tomorrow will be another day.
  • Options
    2 Birdies = £2 free bet, Not 2 x £1.
    Thrown on boosted bet tonight, Newcastle v Wolves 2+ shots on target each team in each half.

Could do with something in the returns column.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Last nights game provided the required 2+ shots on target per team in the second half, unfortunately neither could be bothered at all in the first half, bar a tight offside decision.
    Although Colin Morikawa is in with an outside shot at the Masters sitting at -1 and only 2 shots behind 2nd place (Along with 10+ others), Scottie Scheffler is a further 5 shots clear of the field, so have almost given up on that win only bet.

Today we ignore the @3/1 for Ronaldo 1 SOT in each half and go racing to the Grand National at Aintree. £2.50 e/w Longhouse Poet is the choice currently @14/1, given my distinct lack of racing knowledge i have gone with the Sky Bet race insights predictor although most of this seems to be based mainly on 'potential'

Think i am about ready for that £5 free bet.
  • Options
    A 6th place national finish returned £9.50 for a first bit of profit, I though this may go exactly 4 weeks for a while but this takes us into week 5.
    With the balance sitting at £84.50 Sunday’s big game can’t tempt me to go beyond the min £25 so hopes rest on Morikawa and the rest of the field failing.
  • Options
    Just in case the masters runs over and the Morikawa loss is not settled tonight we need something to cover the £5 free bet. or at least thats the reason i am going with.

Sometimes SOT markets look like a good bet so today.

£2.50 Bowen and Zaha to have 2+ shots on target each was 20/1 NOW 25/1
    £2.50 De Bruyne, Salah & Mane 1+ shot on target each was 3/1 NOW 5/1
  • Options
    So week 1 ends in failure, we spend all week seeking a £5 free bet, which we then toss in the fire on a Monday evening.
    A game where both should be committed to go for the win to hopefully secure a play off place. for our bet we may as go down fighting. SOT again, note to self, should know better
    2+ shots on target each team in each half and each team 2+ corners in each half @28/1

Week 1 summary.

• Options
    Free bet goes down. So we throw in an impromptu £5 in play for the draw at 6/5.
    Defences on top here.
  • Options
    Not even half way in week 2 and we are chasing. Luton are responsible for our losses, 2 late goals and a missed penalty have affected us dearly.

Not much happening tonight so its just an enhanced treble
    £5 @3/1Bayern Munich, Wigan & Rotherham all to win in 90 mins you want to throw Chelsea in the mix and you can get 10/1 but away to Real Madrid we will just stay clear that could definitely go either way.

After bet balance of £69.50

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Must admit this could have gone better but we are in it for the long run or at least until the 28th April.
    The only winner in the treble last night was the one we chose not to back.

More SOT tonight, 90 minutes £200k+ a week and cant hit a big white target.

£2.50 Salah & De Bruyne 2+ shots on target each in 90 mins (was 9/2) Now @9/1
    £2.50 1.5 goals, 5+ Liverpool corners, 3+ Benfica corners and 10+ booking points each team @2/1

• Options
    No start for Salah, so the bet changes.
    Think this is a better bet.

£2.50 De Bruyne & Jota 2+ shots on target each in 90 mins (was 5/1) Now @10/1
  • Options
    After another night of pain all we can say is that at least we got 1.5+ goals and 5+ Liverpool corners right last night which is an improvement on previous nights.

As we clearly have no idea what we are doing and looking for inspiration elsewhere todays bet is following @misterpj’s tip in the 17:30 at Bath.

£2.50 e/w Get Ahead @9/1

Balance after bet £59.50
  • Options
    A £7 return from yesterday race which in truth could have been better showed a £2 profit.

Today Football 5 fold.
    £5 Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Swansea, West Brom, Sunderland. @14.38/1

• Options
    With 2 games still goalless. Sheff utd losing and West Brom, Sunderland ahead had time odds for the same results rise to 23.67/1 and a cash out of less than £2.
    Maybe the 16:00 at Lingfield would have been a better bet.
  • Options
    shame i have wasted todays bet, this looks cracking value
    ok we have a loss limit anyway so additional £5 bet, my rules, may stop the pain earlier

Fulham to win both halves and take most corners in each half (v Derby) @10/1
  • Options
    Derby won the second half but may be too much to do to avoid relegation.

Today £5 Harry Kane 1 SOT @1/1 sky bet boost.