You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

New season. New challenge £50 starting bank - CURRENT BAL £47.72

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,077
edited August 2022 in Sports & Betting Chat
Starting with a £50 bankroll the idea is to place trades @£2 until the BR is £75 when the trades go to £3 then £100 when they become £4 and rinse and repeat. The goal is to take the final Bank to £500 by season end which if successful becomes the starting Bank for the following season.

All markets will be FOOTBALL via a variety of strategies and wherever possible all trades will be recorded here.

So 4 trades placed today so far.

Lyon V AC Ajaacio over 2.5 goals matched at 1.79

Palace V arsenal over 2.5 goals matched at 2.16

Birmingham V Huddersfield back the draw matched at 3.25

E.Frankfurt V Bayern Munich back the Fav. Bayern matched at 1.54

So in an ideal world a goal in the first 25 minutes in the first 2 games, no goals in the first 15 minutes of the 3rd game and Bayern go in front at any point in the final game.

The target is a 20% profit across all outcomes so £1.60 after commission will suffice

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    Shall follow with interest, good luck Mark
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,077
    3 out of 4 trades provided profit
    Lyon V AC Ajaacio was traded out for £2.58 = + 58p
    Palace V Arsenal was traded out for £2.60 = +60p
    Birmingham V Huddersfield was traded out for £1.38 = -62p
    Frankfurt V Bayern traded out for £2.59 = +59p

So a profit of £ 1.15 after commission.
    edited August 2022
    Brighton layed at 1.22 64th minute. Traded out out minute 69 for 52p profit.
    edited August 2022
    WBA V Watford back Over 2.5 goals for £2 @ 2.4

Position to be assessed after 30 minutes play.

Traded out at minute 14 for £1.12 profit
    edited August 2022
    Couple of trades today.

Forest V WHU over 2.5 goals @ 1.99 traded out for a 82p loss

and Chelsea V Spurs over 2.5 goals @ 2.02 traded out for a 46p profit

Don't see much in either of the Championship games might revisit those at half time and see if anything appeals.

Bought over 2.5 goals @ 1.84 Boro V Sheff U at minute 64 wins £1.68

Bought over 1.5 goals @ 2.02 Blackburn V WBA at minute 35 traded out on first goal for £1.13 profit

So on todays trades £8 staked returned £2.45 profit = 32.65% ROI.
    Three trades today 2 in the Championship and 1 in the CLQ

Sheff U V Sunderland over2.5 goals £2 @ 2.02

Reading V Blackburn over 2.5 goals £2 @ 2.08

Maccabi Haifa V Crvena Zvezda over 2.5 goals £2 @ 2.14

Normally I would take a lay position on West Brom. @1.7 is way too short. I know it's still early season but they're 21st while Cardiff sit 5th and @6.0 look to be undervalued. Really not sure here so I'll avoid.

Same with Stoke V Boro. Depending on which Stoke side turn up this could be 3-0, 0-3, 4-3, 3-5 or as is more likely 0-0. Stoke v Boro has never been the most entertaining of fixtures.

If you've got bets, trades or spreads on tonight then good luck.

So 3 trades out of 3 yield a profit.

Sheff U V Sunderland traded out for + £1.18
    Macabi H V Red Star traded out for + 83p
    Reading V Blackburn traded out for + 46p

Total stakes £6 returns from trades £8.47 p/l +£2.47 = ROI 41.17%

Starting Bal £50. Current Bal £57.52 Total P/L + £7.52 = 11.5% ROI.

Just a note on the WBA V Cardiff game don't know why the pre match odds were that skewed. Had I had a bigger starting bank I would certainly have layed West Brom and my research would have proved fruitful.

Stoke sharing a 4 goal game against Boro was never on the horizon.
    Four games tonight either live or streamed so lets take a trade in each.

Espanyol V Rayo Vallecano +2.5 goals @2.64

Norwich V Millwall 1st half +0.5 goals @1.51

Lyon V ESTAC Troyes !st half +1.5goals @2.22

Sevilla V Valladolid +2.5 goals @2.00

Will update upon completion of trades
    I have decided to go for a saturation trade tonight and have backed every EFL cup game for over 2.5 goals.

Obviously I do not expect 3 goals per game although that would take all the stress out of it :) but I feel there is enough potential for first half goals to make this strategy profitable tonight.

That's 21 games @ £2 per trade = £42 staked. The target is to make an overall profit of 15 - 20 % after commission.

Going to need to be all over the updates tonight.

Will report tomorrow.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,972

I have decided to go for a saturation trade tonight and have backed every EFL cup game for over 2.5 goals.

Obviously I do not expect 3 goals per game although that would take all the stress out of it :) but I feel there is enough potential for first half goals to make this strategy profitable tonight.

That's 21 games @ £2 per trade = £42 staked. The target is to make an overall profit of 15 - 20 % after commission.

Will report tomorrow.

I've done a 20 game acca over 1.5 goals in the EFL games which comes in at roughly 75/1. People laugh at these bets and generally I agree but I only ever have very small stakes on them as I only do these bets for a bit of fun as I like ticking off the games when the goals go in. Last season I was very close a few times until the last day of the German Bundesliga when I done every match BTTS coupled with two other games and they all obliged at 148/1. So you only need 1 to come in over the season to recoup your money but for the entertainment value you can't beat a big acca.
    The first rule of every bet is 'Don't back the early kick off' as has been proved tonight yet again.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,860
    lucy4 said:

Will report tomorrow.

I've done a 20 game acca over 1.5 goals in the EFL games which comes in at roughly 75/1. People laugh at these bets and generally I agree but I only ever have very small stakes on them as I only do these bets for a bit of fun as I like ticking off the games when the goals go in. Last season I was very close a few times until the last day of the German Bundesliga when I done every match BTTS coupled with two other games and they all obliged at 148/1. So you only need 1 to come in over the season to recoup your money but for the entertainment value you can't beat a big acca.

@lucy4

Like this?

Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

Will report tomorrow.

@lucy4

Like this?

That return would keep my micro bets going for about 5 years :D
    Account gubbing imminent.
    Well I glad that I tried it but in future I will not be doing this type of thing. I suppose with automation it is much easier but it's not for me. I either traded out too early or too late and found that a bit like multi tabling at poker there is little time to actually think.

It wasn't a total disaster as most of the bank has been preserved but it's unnecessary drama.

No real value on offer in tonight's games so may wait til half time to see if any opportunities present.