You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What is the best strategy here?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
edited October 2023 in The Rail
So a local shop is changing brand after tomorrow they close at 6pm tomorrow and then switch brand. Now I have already checked they already have a lot of branded products not discounted which will need to go heavy discounts can be expected. and potentially I could get 2 months of groceries here for like less then £100 this has to be exploited. I have already gone through the fridge and freezer and rearranged everything to have max space available. now as off tomorrow do I go hourly for the checks or bi hourly or etc. The thing is all discount may be gone if I go at the end if I go earlier they may not have discounted yet but if I go too often they may decide that they dont need to discount that much then it may not be worth it as bargaining power gone.

its a tough sweat was wondering what suggestions others may have?

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Stand at the Door in a Black Shirt and Black trousers with a name badge on and pretend you're Security. Then keep walking round the Shop and checking on what and when they're discounting.

I've always found if you are friendly and get chatting with the Staff, they will let you know when goods are going to be reduced ...... Normally after they've had first dibs though

GOOD LUCK

PS ........ Security Guards don't look genuine with 'Winnie the Pooh' hanging out of their pocket ;):)
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    edited October 2023
    you could just ask one of the staff, what time are your deals going on......boring and a bit old skool, but sometimes the old ways are best
  • Options
    Popped out to the place not much on discount yet got a few bits. asked when discounts they just said throughout the day so will wait till 11.20 then head out again. then I will do the timed lunch time tournaments then head out again.

I will be posting for the discounts every time I am all in on the timed tournaments in the chat. Even though it makes no difference to how much I will or wont buy.

• Options
    popped out again no new discounts eyeing the steaks and pizzas easy freeze and usually expensive.
    will go again after lunch timed tournies done.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Oooh it's getting tense. Edge of seat, sweaty palms and all that.
  • Options

Oooh it's getting tense. Edge of seat, sweaty palms and all that.

its done. I spent about £80 in total over all of this on both days. unfortunately many others beat me to it despite many trips back and forth I only got about 3 weeks worth of shopping in the end. Wont need to shop for 3 weeks at least. I guess in a weird way though as disappointed as I was to get so little it was a blessing in disguise I may have over estimated what my fridge and freezer can fit both me and my partner have attempted it and its only just been done. fridge and freezer filled to the brim.

no shopping for 3 weeks. still could not meet the price lee Anderson thinks I should be able to do meals for but then he literally thinks I should be enslaved. So I dunno. If I had got anymore I would likely have to of given it away or binned it so i guess this is a win.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    edited November 2023
    have you considered joining "dull mens club" on facebook? not an insult im also a member...

@Doubleme