You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Documentaries-The Fall-Skydive Murder Plot.

2456711

Comments

  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Six Silent Killings: Ireland’s Vanishing Triangle | Trailer | Sky

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73j3GfWOxk
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Coming soon to Sky Crime.
    Australian Story: Lyn Dawson: Vanished | Official Trailer


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOw_TKrIv5I
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    edited November 2023
    HAYSIE said:
    Episode 4 tonight.
    @Tikay10
    Tonights episode features a bloke called Driss, and a Somerleyton gang.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    CH5 Wednesday night.


    Devil in Disguise: The Murder of Ronald Platt

    Summary
    In 1966, a man's body was washed up in a fishing net off the south coast of Devon. The victim was wearing an expensive Rolex watch with a unique serial number, enabling police to identify him. But the case took a strange turn with the discovery of a second man who was very much alive but with the same name - and wanted by Interpol

    https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-cb0e28/devil-in-disguise-the-murder-of-ronald-platt/
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    HAYSIE said:

    Six Silent Killings: Ireland’s Vanishing Triangle | Trailer | Sky

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73j3GfWOxk

    This is top of the Sky top ten today.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    HAYSIE said:

    Sky Documentaries.
    Burden of Proof who killed Jennifer Pandos?| Official Trailer


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIbfRLQxx9g

    This is also still in the top ten.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    edited November 2023


    https://news.met.police.uk/news/the-met-documentary-returns-for-its-fourth-series-on-bbc-one-474230

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mjtYADS_Q

    Episode 4 tonight.
    @Tikay10
    Tonights episode features a bloke called Driss, and a Somerleyton gang.

    This has been a very good series.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

    Thanks Tony @HAYSIE I'll give it a try. It does look my kind of thing.

    I finished "The Gold" last night, including the single episode "real" Documentary. Very good.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Tikay10 said:


    Thanks Tony @HAYSIE I'll give it a try. It does look my kind of thing.

    I finished "The Gold" last night, including the single episode "real" Documentary. Very good.

    I enjoyed it.
    There are two new series on the other thread that I think will be very good, and all the episodes are available straight off.

    The Met series is really good.
    They get some terrible press, but come out of this quite well, so far.
    It makes you think what on earth they did to solve crimes before the more modern technology became available.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Bill Bailey’s Australian Adventure review – you don’t get this level of strangeness from Michael Portillo



    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/nov/12/bill-bailey-australian-adventure-review-you-dont-get-this-level-of-strangeness-from-michael-portillo

  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    edited November 2023
    Mummy's Little Killer - 9pm Thursday - Brand New

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufofr_Ikvg

  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    edited November 2023
    Tikay10 said:


    Thanks Tony @HAYSIE I'll give it a try. It does look my kind of thing.

    I finished "The Gold" last night, including the single episode "real" Documentary. Very good.


    The Real Manhunter with Colin Sutton S1 TRAILER

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1QsRpIIwI

    Acorn TV Exclusive | The Real Manhunter | Official Trailer

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wSAUiCkoAc

    The latest episode of this covered the Danielle Jones murder.
    For those that cant remember this, her uncle was found guilty of her murder in 2002.
    He refused to disclose the location of her body.
    Her body has never been found.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Sky Arts Announce “Greatest Guitar Riffs” Premieres 24 November



    Turn up your amplifiers to eleven on the 24th, 25th, and 26th of November for the premiere of a new series on Sky Arts called Greatest Guitar Riffs. In this three-part documentary, Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi, The Police’s Andy Summers, and Heart’s Nancy Wilson reveal the inner workings of some of rock’s most iconic riffs while taking viewers on an exhilarating journey that traces the guitar riff’s personal impact on each of their careers.

    Episode One: Tony Iommi, guitarist for Black Sabbath, discusses the origins of heavy metal and the songs “Paranoid,” “War Pigs,” and “Iron Man,” among others. In addition, Queen’s Brian May joins him for a private performance.

    Episode Two: Andy Summers, the legendary guitarist for The Police, looks back on his favourite riffs and explains how they helped make the band famous, including the opening bars of their Grammy-winning hit, Every Breath You Take. Andy also pays George Benson, one of the greatest jazz guitarists of all time, a visit.

    Episode Three: Nancy Wilson of Heart takes us on a deeply personal tour of the songs and riffs that shaped her, drawing a line from Heart’s music to the grunge movement of the ’90s. She is accompanied by Mike McCready of Pearl Jam and Kim Thayil of Soundgarden.

    George Benson, Dave Keuning (The Killers), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Hank Marvin (The Shadows), and Orianthi (Michael Jackson/Alice Cooper) will all be joining the legendary trio onstage. Riffs from bands like Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rage Against the Machine, and more will be performed by the group as a whole.

    Phil Edgar-Jones, Director of Sky Arts and Entertainment, commissioned Greatest Guitar Riffs from Zai Bennett, Managing Director of Content for Sky UK and Ireland. Barbara Lee is Sky’s Commissioning Editor.

    Somethin’ Else TV, a Sony Music Entertainment company, is responsible for producing the show. The show’s executive producer is Ian Sharpe.

    Starting on November 24, 2023, Greatest Guitar Riffs will be broadcast on Sky Arts, Freeview, and NOW.

    https://www.memorabletv.com/news/sky-arts-announce-greatest-guitar-riffs-premieres-24-november/
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

    This starts on Amazon Prime on Thursday;



    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/67449877





  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250


    I watched 6 of the 9 Episodes in Series 1 of "Tulsa King" on Prime last night, very good it is too. Sadly, Series 2 is not due until early 2025. Mafia/Gangster stuff starring Sylvester Stallone.

    Annoyingly, I had to pay £7.99 to "buy" it, but I suppose it's less than a quid per episode, so not a disaster really.



  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Tikay10 said:



    I watched 6 of the 9 Episodes in Series 1 of "Tulsa King" on Prime last night, very good it is too. Sadly, Series 2 is not due until early 2025. Mafia/Gangster stuff starring Sylvester Stallone.

    Annoyingly, I had to pay £7.99 to "buy" it, but I suppose it's less than a quid per episode, so not a disaster really.



    The Paramount app is free with Sky.
    You could have watched it on Paramount free.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

    @HAYSIE


    Ahh, I thought I had to pay for Paramount.

    When I went to see the best way of watching Tulsa King, Prime said I could have a 7 day trial on Paramount for free & then be billed monthly thereafter, & I don't like being railroaded into signing up for more platforms. I suppose I could take the 7 day free trial then unsubscribe, but I always forget.

    Thanks for lmk.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    Tikay10 said:


    @HAYSIE


    Ahh, I thought I had to pay for Paramount.

    When I went to see the best way of watching Tulsa King, Prime said I could have a 7 day trial on Paramount for free & then be billed monthly thereafter, & I don't like being railroaded into signing up for more platforms. I suppose I could take the 7 day free trial then unsubscribe, but I always forget.

    Thanks for lmk.

    No probs.
    The free TV apps you get with Sky are,
    Netflix, depending on your package.
    Paramount.
    Discovery+.
    BBC iPlayer.
    ITVX.
    Roku.
    STV Player.
    Lionsgate.
    Peacock.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,366
    edited November 2023
    HAYSIE said:

    Tikay10 said:


    @HAYSIE


    Ahh, I thought I had to pay for Paramount.

    When I went to see the best way of watching Tulsa King, Prime said I could have a 7 day trial on Paramount for free & then be billed monthly thereafter, & I don't like being railroaded into signing up for more platforms. I suppose I could take the 7 day free trial then unsubscribe, but I always forget.

    Thanks for lmk.

    No probs.
    The free TV apps you get with Sky are,
    Netflix, depending on your package.
    Paramount.
    Discovery+.
    BBC iPlayer.
    ITVX.
    Roku.
    STV Player.
    Lionsgate.
    Peacock.
    They are also currently running an Apple tv+ offer of a 6 months free trial, provided you havent had one before.
    If I remember rightly, when I took one of these up, I cancelled soon after taking it up to make sure I remembered, but they still allowed me the full 6 months.
    It is included in the "Great offers from Sky" tab on your home page.
Sign In or Register to comment.