You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

another poll, better this time.

Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
edited November 2023 in Poker Chat
we are newly entered into a tourney still in late reg. 6 handed. (NOT A BOUNTY HUNTER) the starting stack is 50bb and this is what we have. the utg player (also on 50bb) opens for 2.5bb. From the button WITH AQ suited do we want to:

[answer revealed friday 3pm]

another poll, better this time. 12 votes

fold
0%
call
33%
stokefcBoxstermumsiegreen_beer 4 votes
raise
66%
Tikay10TheEdge949MISTY4MEEssexphilToffeeandymadprofSwifteyyeuMattG19 8 votes
all in
0%

Comments

• Options
    @Tikay10 oops. please can you move this to poker chat? misclicked :/
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    raise
    Spike4000 said:

@Tikay10 oops. please can you move this to poker chat? misclicked :/

@Spike4000

Yup, no problem, I've moved it.

PS - what is our starting hand?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    raise
    @Spike4000 starting hand please or are we playing it blind.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    This is 'better'?..... your new clique signing is fitting in well!
  • Options
    lol fixed my error...i am definitely not tech savvy...
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Suited or offsuit? Nearly there.
  • Options
    plot twist it doesnt matter :open_mouth:@waller02
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,030
    raise
    Think it does. I like to 3-bet, particularly with AQs.

Helps know where you are.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    call
    Call for me still early in the tournament so as to get the gist of things , am such a pu$$y
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    edited November 2023
    raise
    @Spike4000

I'm 3 betting here.

If I flat, the Blinds are getting a good price to call, & we are going 4 way to a flop. Although I have position, I don't really want to play this 4 way.

I assume the Blinds will both fold now, & the opener will flat me. (If he 4 bets I'm folding).

If he checks the flop, I'm betting about one third of pot, irrespective if I hit or not.

If he bets the flop, I'm done with the hand, unless of course I hit the flop very hard. (I think I'd prefer a Q high flop to an A high flop).

That's the plan, anyway, but the plan is always dynamic & may change depending how things progress.

Always have a plan, always be prepared to go to Plan B, C or D.

I should add that I'm totally poo at NLH.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,154
    TheWaddy said:

This is 'better'?..... your new clique signing is fitting in well!

don't spoil this thread as well
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    raise
    Its a 3 bet for me. I think we are to strong to just call here. If he calls it fine, we have position post flop, if he 4 bets we can get away from it.

• Options
    suprisingly the correct answer is call..while there are advantages to raising we are in position and potentially the blinds behind us can squeeze. for instance if we have Q-10 here or K-J here we're likely playing it the same so the blinds can put us on a weaker hand and squeeze. This opens up the opportunity to then 4-bet shove as we are in the top of our range.

Raising has some advantages too, for instance we can call a 4-bet shove from the blinds or even the open raiser however we don't need to potentially risk our stack this early in a tourney.

the solver says to call here mixed but more on the side of calling. so @stokefc well done
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    Spike4000 said:

suprisingly the correct answer is call..while there are advantages to raising we are in position and potentially the blinds behind us can squeeze. for instance if we have Q-10 here or K-J here we're likely playing it the same so the blinds can put us on a weaker hand and squeeze. This opens up the opportunity to then 4-bet shove as we are in the top of our range.

Raising has some advantages too, for instance we can call a 4-bet shove from the blinds or even the open raiser however we don't need to potentially risk our stack this early in a tourney.

the solver says to call here mixed but more on the side of calling. so @stokefc well done

What reads does the solver have on the other players at the table?
    My default by the way would be call, miss the flop, fold, move on.