You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
    Hi Craig it’s easy to get carried away after a result or 2 and push on to high.

Shots are great but make sure u stick to the bread and butter games to pad the roll and also help pay for those shots.

Playing multiple sites is also something to consider as every site and player pool play hugely different in my experience. It is difficult for anyone even the best grinders out there win on one site and at the same time for some reason lose on another.

Good read and best of luck going forward

Jammy
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    My new poker schedule is looking like a really good one. You could say it’s been just a week long but it feels so much more calm and relaxing that that chaotic time I was having.
    In previous months I spent almost the entire time playing GG poker and poker stars MTTS and almost everyone of them would be a huge field MTT. 1 of these MTTS will provide me with a massive win but that money comes few and far between, most of my time would be spend losing non stop.
    You could also say non stop streaming wasn’t helping life either because this was putting loads of pressure on me and with me trying to play a GTO style I was worried about every single move.
    The difference with my poker schedule now is I play MTTS all over the place and in various fields, by that I mean spread myself out,
    Tuesday My first day back online since returning from the tour and I spent the entire time playing sky poker where I managed to reach the final table of mega stack bounty hunter coming 2nd
    Wednesday was my first day back on stars, I poker and GG poker. The difference with me here was I played a mixture of MTTs, some big field MTTs such as the GG masters, WSOPC MTTs and big, but I also played multiple small field MTTS like the daily big and daily deep stack on GG plus bounty hunters on I poker. I was able to final table in the daily special that day coming 8th

Thursday was my first day back streaming and that day was one spend playing GG poker and I poker where I played 6 big field MTTS from GG masters and WSOPC. I also played more daily guarantees plus a couple of MTTS from I poker and I managed to make 2 final tables that day coming 4th in the daily big and 3rd in the 20 bounty hunter on I poker.

Friday If I’m honest I should have had the day off, I was so tired at the time and had no exercise or much to drink before my session. I did cash out in a couple of MTTs today but it was purely a case of button clicking.

Saturday I appear to have gone a step back in the way I think about the game. What I mean is I was starting to put more thought process into my own range and how that should be played and put less thought into how my opponent’s range will actually look like. Their were 2 instances where I got over reactive following the showdown I saw. What I should have did was ask myself the question is my opponent gonna thin value bet in these spots. The spots I am talking about of course are facing river bets, my river hero calling is becoming great but when it comes to river raising I should always question if my opponent is gonna thin value bet because river raises are gonna involve turning weak value with strong nut blocker into a bluff but if people do not thin value bet then these bluffs can just be a bluff catcher.

Sunday, I was in a really messed up state today, one where I just wasn’t sure which MTTs to play. Sundays are a different day altogether really because GG does not have the daily deep stacks or daily big I’ve started playing so I was jumping about in lobbies non stop looking for an MTT which could help fill the gaps. I did manage to get a decent run in the £33 bounty hunter at the end of session and you could say it was helped by me dropping to just a few tables.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    this is how my sharkscope has looked this week.

I made 5 final tables intotal this week but not once did I take the tournament down, something tells me I am a bit too weak and passive in these spots and whilst that might be the line you take in ICM in game people are most certainly not gonna be as aggro as the larger stack will be in theory so I aim to pick up on my aggression and play a more blocker orientated equity driven and equity denial aggressive game.

My goals next week are to keep notes on the opponents I see make thin value bets on river and before I consider bluff raising a thin value hand make sure I have an idea if my opponent has got a thin value hand.

I want to keep up with this daily exercise routine I'm doing and remain calm and play well when ever I stream.

Also I want to sort out the poker structure of Sunday.
  • Options
    My overall poker game this week shows my poker game is at it's peak at the minute.

I said in my previous messages I was gonna play more MTTs off stream however I have streamed poker in everyone of my sessions this week. I haven't managed to win any cash this week but I am not disappointed at all. Looking back through my overall hand history for this week. Their is no denying I am still on the tighter side of poker in general but my game is getting looser and looser. I said GTO+ play was getting binned but I must admit I was talking about which hand would be best to defend in multiple spots and how good a board hit's my range. What's different about me now is I am putting far more thought into my opponent's range because when it comes to in game decisions this is what helps most.
    The GTO+ me of the past would be just thinking which combo would solver defend for MFO but now I think to myself what is my opponent trying to represent on this river. I see him betting KQ+ for value and QJ J9 9x 8x as a bluff. with a Q I block QJ but that does more betting on flop and KQ AK and Aa are also more likely to value bet flop.

Knowing what my opponent does is most important and each and every time I reach showdown vs opponents I now make huge notes on my villian rather than question their play.
    For instance I was saying "WTF is he doing on this river would GTO do that" However now I just tag this opponent as one who has thin value river bets.

This is a hand I use to take to the extreme, I would be fuming over him checking the turn IP with a clear value bet but all I did here was tag him a passive opponent who traps and will be more prepared of the fact his range is more nutted in future

• Options
    I am down roughly £300 this week but still proud of my game overall

My goals next week are
    working on 10% cbet sizing, especially in 3bet pots where the pot to stack ratios are more shallow. These tiny sizes will not prevent nutted hands still getting all in on river.

Review check raising weak pairs with weak kickers especially from the big blind because you are not gonna reach showdown very much with these calling down unless you improve yet you can deny so much equity from over cards which will cbet then fold especially when opponents range cbet.
  • Options
    This move over to GG poker is certainly not looking as bad as people think. I will have more swings than I would on sky poker but providing I put in the work and effort things should be ok. Tuesday witnessed me gaining my 2nd big score on GG poker when I managed to come 2nd in the $30 WSOPC daily deepstack MTT unfortunately my AK couldn't hold vs A3 to take it down. Even so I did recieve multiple good luck of my own and I must admit I was suprised I even got close to Ft having been down to 2.6BB just after the MTT bubble burst.

My biggest goal following this successful 2nd place finish is gonna be to continue doing staking for the larger field MTTs of 20-30 ABI, continue to play these stakes, continue to play short field MTTs and just have the odd shot at MTTs greater than 30.
    That was my biggest mistake with the last successful MTT when I jumped into 50s and 100s far too quickly and ended up losing so much of my bankroll.

• Options
    biggirlbiggirl Member Posts: 68
    Great effort Craig, well done mate.
  • Options
    Last week has been a really great week on the poker table. I spent almost every second of last week on GG poker alone, just 3 MTTS were played away from GG and those were all $11 big on poker stars. It's all down to the amount of confidence I have on GG ATM, how much better my poker schedule is and the number of small field MTTs I'm playing alone side the big ones.

I love GG poker far more than any other site ATM but with a really big result and numerous decent results following that big result you can understand. Last time I made a big result on GG, I remember going straight up into multiple $50 and $100 ABIs but on this occasion I have remained on $10-30 ABIs and had just the odd shot at a $50 MTT and I intend to continue like that.

The one thing I like best about my game ATM is I am showing no fear at all with making big calls on river, On friday I made this big call with a 2nd pair against this triple barrell bet and knew exactly what I was doing. It's time I started showing this lack of fear in more short stack spots because whilst it's good making these big calls deep stacked that alone will not allow you to continue running deep, it's those close spots with small stacks where you risking your life that will help you take down an MTT.

Don't get me wrong it is sickening to commit most or all of your stack and lose, I had an instance like this on Friday where I was running super deep and hoped to FT but unfortunately my really close spot where I called AK high and didn't hold cost me. Even so it was the amount of times I missed small pots and wasn't stealing the blinds which really cost me and when I look back at my overall satellite play ATM it's clear I need to start taking down more small pots as a shallow stack.

One pattern I do notice repeatedly in tournaments especially satellite MTTS is I might obtain a big stack but then it becomes the size it was ordinally due to me just folding or open raising then folding post flop in spots i could have attempted to take down a pot but didn't.

The sky poker tour vegas satellite is gonna happen this weekend so one of my biggest goals this week is one where I work on my satellite poker play because whilst it's true you should be more tighter in these events you cannot afford to be too tight to the point where you blind yourself down especially in the early and mid stages of satellite MTTS.
    This is my shark scope for GG this week but you should note, staking MTTS mean I only get 50%, I won $1,600 profit last week.

• Options
    Apologies for not doing an update in week 3 although you could say I did do one mid way that week.

My performance in week 4 has been anything but decent and to be honest I am really ashamed of myself. Whilst their is no denying I did not have the same luck as I did previous weeks it was quite clear I got out of hand as far as mental game goes. Looking back I notice a few issues, firstly I was back to not doing any exercise what so ever before sessions begun. I might have a muscle issue in my left shoulder and arm but that does not stop me from still being able to have walks and do some exercise with my other arm. Another problem was how badly my poker schedule has been since the end of WSOPC, I was playing multiple small field MTTs alone with multiple GG masters and WSPOC MTTs when it was going but once that event was over I switched over to near enough purely big field MTTs and that is not good, they will create big prizes when you take it down but it's gonna take a lot of variance for that to happen and when you look back at last week you could just see I was getting more and more mentally bad.

Still it has been a decent Month overall and I am still in profit.

This month is gonna be a month all about scoop and so my main goal of this month is to build a decent poker schedule that will help me fit in the scoop events and some small field MTTs.

My main poker play goals this month are ones where I increase my aggression in spots where flop was x round and I delay cbet, probe and raise more widely vs probe bets.

Another goal is to get more aggressive in and out of position as PFR when shallow stacked.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Chin up mate, always gonna be swings in the games you play.

Best of luck in SCOOP.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited May 2022
    @craigcu12

How do you get money on GG as a poker player? Or do you have a normal job? Their KYC checks are pretty harsh for people who's sole income is crypto, or poker, betting etc
  • Options

@craigcu12

How do you get money on GG as a poker player? Or do you have a normal job? Their KYC checks are pretty harsh for people who's sole income is crypto, or poker, betting etc

I had a word with them and got them to allow me to make a single 1K deposit onto it and proved to them the money was just money from a different poker account. Ever since then I haven't made a single deposit. I'm yet to recieve any questions from them and you could say they have nothing to argue having proven over a year I am not losing cash.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    craigcu12 said:

I had a word with them and got them to allow me to make a single 1K deposit onto it and proved to them the money was just money from a different poker account. Ever since then I haven't made a single deposit. I'm yet to recieve any questions from them and you could say they have nothing to argue having proven over a year I am not losing cash.

Coolio. That's not a bad idea actually, showing evidence from other poker accounts and what not. I'll see what they say.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    What a weird week it has been. It all started with me playing the schedule I usually play on GG but then came some scammers trying to get cash from me following the mention of my bankroll this fellow poker player watching my stream. I almost fell for the scam but thankfully haven't however my Gg poker account is currently frozen and will be until Next Wednesday at the earliest meaning I've put most my time to sky, stars and I poker.

My overall time on each of these sites has been great. Let's start of with sky I made the FT of the big weekend bounty hunter, the sherriff and Sunday's £33 bounty hunter. The days where I have give up sky full stop are gone, I intend to keep on playing the main event on sky and any other bigger events sky have.

But sky is not the only place I've been performing well, I've also had a decent time on I poker making it on the final table of 3 I poker MTTs 3rd in one and runner up twice. The way I look at it I have got to put some work into HU play, looking at the ranges and post flop play because BBvs BTN HU is most certainly not the same as BBvsSB since you are always OOP when defending the big blind.

As for stars well their wasn't much to share until I managed to get close to passing the bubble of a $109 scoop I had satted into, running deeply to finish 76/7635 in a $33 scoop event and currently sitting 33/72 making it into day 2 of a $11 scoop event which had a field total of 14,394 and winning a total of $204 today.

As far as profit for the whole week goes I have made £1309.61 but most of that profit came today when I made a total profit of £1104 and hopefully we will win even more given that we are in day 2 of 2 events which continue tomorrow. Note sharkscope is missing the winnings from todays 2 scoop events since they still going

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

Nice work Craig, & gl today.
  • Options
    Been almost a fortnight since I last updated this and no surprise it was largely down to multiple issues and stress. It all kicked of with some people claiming to be from GG offering me to join the GG poker stream team and well I know for a fact GG does have this but at the same time I know people will scam me and I've been scammed multiple times. As far as the poker tables go well they've been extremely disorganised and with all this streaming I've been playing nowhere near my best.
    On Friday this week it reached the point where I thought to myself it's time to put an end to streaming at least in the mean time and boy has that made a difference. I managed FT in 4 MTTs over the weekend 2 on GG and 2 on I poker. Despite making it onto these 4 FT I still have left ended the week in negative figures why because these FTS were just a tiny portion of my overall volume

Looking back at the MTT structure over the course of recent weeks it's clear I've put far too much volume into MTTS with massive fields and very little volume into MTT fields with small volume and as the bad run goes on it only makes you worse and you can just see I've been getting more and more tighter all the time desperate to make it past the bubble.
    Next week I am gonna change my structure big style, the structure will become one where most my volume will be dedicated to small field MTTs and I'll have just the odd big field MTT to help fill in spaces.
  • Options
    The month itself is not yet over but as I'm going to this weekend's sky poker tour today is my final grind of the month. The month has a whole has been a poor one but the final few days have been incredible. When I look back at the month overall I have had some decent results hear and their including making it into day 2 of scoop twice but the vast majority of it has been really poor and streaming itself has played a large part.

Streaming as a whole is something I do enjoy doing and will keep going but streaming on a regular basis is not at all good especially if putting so much work into the poker game itself. The problem with streaming is you lose focus on the poker tables themselves and when you playing on a poker form still quite new then it really makes things tough. What I'm saying is although I've played MTT poker for a few years, I've only just started becoming a regular at full ring MTT poker in the last year and their are still numerous spots which I'm not sure about especially those where I'm out of position.

Playing big field MTTS isn't that good either because although you can win a massive prize for taking it down you rarely even gonna make it to the final table and due to depositing issues from gambling regulations it's quite easy for me to be more concerned when my bankroll goes down.

Last Friday I decided once and for all to have a break from streaming and have also stopped playing big field MTTS apart from the odd micro stakes one and the results have been incredible. I have managed to make it onto the final table 9 times unfortunately I didn't manage to take a single one down but the takeaway from this is I need to get more aggressive on the final tables, I am too passive on them at the minute.

My main aim and goals next month is to continue playing these small field MTTS because although the prize itself is small you will make good runs in these more consistently than you will in MTTs with massive fields.

I also aim to keep up with this study and walks I've been doing in the last week which were again things I wasn't doing enough of most of the month.

As for streaming I will be looking to do more study streaming but I won't be streaming as often as I have been.
  • Options
    I've not had the best of weeks since coming back from the last sky poker tour but given how bad a state I was in from the poker tour I'd say nothing much should be expected.

Starting off with the sky poker tour itself I managed to make it into day 2 but on day 2 things went horribly wrong. My stack too a hit early when I lost an AQ vs JJ flip and was bluffed off KK due to a sick runout 976 Tx. From their on I wasn't getting anything and due to being a really stubborn table I didn't want to risk bluffing. The home game we had going after the sky poker tour didn't make things easier having bubbled in it. Even the drinks weren't nice having made me puke up in the casino sink and hotel floor.

I must admit I was extremely tired when I returned from the poker tour having not had much sleep at all during the tour. I attempted to grind on multiple days but every single day was poor and when I attempted to do a stream on sunday you could see for yourself I wasn't in the right frame, I was in a miserable way the full time.

Monday was effectively my first serious day back on the grind, I returned to doing my usual walk to help relieve stress. I was in a happy mood most the day had a decent meal and what happens I managed to come 2nd in a MTT on GG, the field for that MTT is small but doesn't matter too much the point is I'm now back to myself.

MY overall poker schedule it's gonna remain as it is, grind heavily on 10-30 euro bounty hunters on I poker plus daily deepstacks and daily bigs on GG along side the odd $10 big field MTT on GG along side multiple MTTS from sky poker to fill in the gaps

• Options
    Another week has went by and the results of the week were mixed. One site which is not going well at the minute is sky poker but you could argue I'm just not getting the volume in. My results on GG is mostly a case of making 1 final table and that's all I did make a couple of other cash outs but most my money came from that 1 FT. My best success of the week came on I poker where I've had numerous decent runs across the week and unfortunately the poker gods have prevented me FT.

When I look back at the overall week 1 thing which has stood out clearly is so many of my decent results have came on days when I had a walk in my local woodland. One way of looking at it is these walks in my local woodland leave me in a much happier mood and when I'm on the poker tables I put far more thought into my decision making and don't get so annoyed with losing pots. Now that we are in summer time their is no excuse for me to keep doing it, the only tricky thing is trying to also do some study work but Tuesday's and Wednesdays are perfect days to get deep study in and other days I can just do a little bit of study and hand analsis.

One piece of study work I need to do more is create word docs on my hand reviews and read through them as a warm up before a session begins. Whilst Looking at odin is good I find doing word docs the best way of getting info into my head.
    Here is my shark scope for the week.

• Options
    Hey all you might already know from my twitch that I am part of team robin poker's micro millions group. Their are 4 groups in total I don't really know who is in the other 3 but I know the people who are in my group and as someone who normally plays upper micro stakes I should be a great player for our team.

Day 1 went very well I managed to cash out in 6 of the 18 events and that itself included making it onto 1 FT where I was able to finish 6th. It was certainly a long grind I didn't manage to finish until 3:30 in the morning and that is after starting at 1:30 pm. The fact I streamed most of it meant I streamed for over 13hrs but boy did I enjoy it.

I will keep on posting daily updates. Go Team Robin Poker