You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

whats your poker session routine?

maudeymaudey Member Posts: 19
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
hi

just a quick queston to all you poker players out there, basically im curious of what you all do/prepare to play before /during a game?

might sound daft but with mE you cant beat a few beers, and bit of shameless onTV LOL.

Now i was always told and read that you should sit down with no distractions and concentrate, lol thats a first for me i always play my online snooker game at same time, but i guess its that, that makes me concentrate as i cant sit at a table without going on that IE tab LOL wether its youtube or facebook or my beloved snooker.

what about you guys?

be intersting to know

Maudey.

Comments

• Options
    TP_DohhhhTP_Dohhhh Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2010
    Maudey u are my hero! - Ill explain later on my account, dont wanna ruin the TP reputation!!! lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: whats your poker session routine?:
    Maudey u are my hero! - Ill explain later on my account, dont wanna ruin the TP reputation!!! lol
    Posted by TP_Dohhhh
    explain LOL
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    My routine! every other day (cant handle 2 days in a row....)

....Wake up! Thats a start, always thankful for that.....

Jeremy Kyle!!!!! - Bacon butty!

Give that an hour, round to the shop, Buy some beer! And get a BLT and a cornish pasty! EAT!

Have an hour on the bed, (corrie catch ups ITV2 at 12! ;)

ITV 3 + 1 - HEARTBEAT! So essential !!!!!!

Heartbeat's 3rd ad break, (2-45) - Move downstairs, get a beer and enter the 3pm £250gtd tourny on sky (the only tourny semi-worth entering through the day on a weekday) ***

Play that! - Normally bust it at 3-05, 3-10ish...then onto some proper poker!!! ( till the ale runs out )

Great day right? --- dnt get me started on saturdays!!!!

DOHH!!

*** - can we have more bigger buy in/bigger GTD tournys thru the day plz????

• Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2010
    My routine! every other day (cant handle 2 days in a row....) ....Wake up! Thats a start, always thankful for that..... Jeremy Kyle!!!!! - Bacon butty! Give that an hour, round to the shop, Buy some beer! And get a BLT and a cornish pasty! EAT! Have an hour on the bed, (corrie catch ups ITV2 at 12! ;) ITV 3 + 1 - HEARTBEAT! So essential !!!!!! Heartbeat's 3rd ad break, (2-45) - Move downstairs, get a beer and enter the 3pm £250gtd tourny on sky (the only tourny semi-worth entering through the day on a weekday) *** Play that! - Normally bust it at 3-05, 3-10ish...then onto some proper poker!!! ( till the ale runs out ) Great day right? --- dnt get me started on saturdays!!!! DOHH!! *** - can we have more bigger buy in/bigger GTD tournys thru the day plz????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Please tell me your joking?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    Sometimes, when Corrie wasnt on the night before, I watch Hbeat at 1! and The JK double bill on ITV + 1!!!
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    i like to bang my head against the keyboard most of the time........
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol at dohhhh

• Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010

I don't have a routine so to speak, more like a superstition.

I always send off a chinese wish lantern from my bedroom before I play.

Today I didn't wish to win at poker, just for a date for valentines day.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    go to do some uni work... log onto sky poker 'just to check out the forums'... realise i have registered for a couple of games and the routine part is that this happens all day every day... oops
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2010
    i like to start each session by donking loads of chips off in the micro-stakes games. Once i've got all of that out of my system, i enter higher buy-ins STTs and MTTs and start to play properly.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited February 2010

My routine! every other day (cant handle 2 days in a row....) ....Wake up! Thats a start, always thankful for that..... Jeremy Kyle!!!!! - Bacon butty! Give that an hour, round to the shop, Buy some beer! And get a BLT and a cornish pasty! EAT! Have an hour on the bed, (corrie catch ups ITV2 at 12! ;) ITV 3 + 1 - HEARTBEAT! So essential !!!!!! Heartbeat's 3rd ad break, (2-45) - Move downstairs, get a beer and enter the 3pm £250gtd tourny on sky (the only tourny semi-worth entering through the day on a weekday) *** Play that! - Normally bust it at 3-05, 3-10ish...then onto some proper poker!!! ( till the ale runs out ) Great day right? --- dnt get me started on saturdays!!!! DOHH!! *** - can we have more bigger buy in/bigger GTD tournys thru the day plz????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What about Strawberry Nesquick... fishcakes... dump!
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: whats your poker session routine? : What about Strawberry Nesquick... fishcakes... dump!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    (!)

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited February 2010
    LOL .. dropped that in for you to spot
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    i love it. keep them coming.
  • Options
    scouse1515scouse1515 Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2010

Take kids to school, pick me gg's, 1 min roulette's to get me going, enter some sat's, bust out of them. next sit n go scary's. get the wine and rum out loose half me bankroll. easy day.

• Options
    Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited February 2010

Once in from work I spend an hour trolling through the threads and seeing how the TP players got on.

Eat dinner whilst pretending to listen to the other half.

Then finally grind on the 2p/4p tables and hope to leave about £1 up!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Once in from work I spend an hour trolling through the threads and seeing how the TP players got on. Eat dinner whilst pretending to listen to the other half. Then finally grind on the 2p/4p tables and hope to leave about £1 up!
    Posted by Patching99
    ROFL
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2010
    Log on..outplay inferior opponents who somehow end up getting lucky and stealing my cash..End by throwing various objects across the room and swearing wildly at the lucky villain.