You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Grand Final - removal of levels on day 2

Hi Tikay (hoping you see this)

Just a question about the SPT grand final in Manchester next month; over the weekend whilst at SPT Glasgow, I was party to conversations relating to the removal of levels from the schedule on Day 2 in previous SPTs, and the frustration this caused. In Glasgow during play, when looking at the tournament screen I noticed the blind level 5000/10000 was removed and I brought it up to the SPT tournament director who said “Sky don’t want it going on until 2am so they decided to take a level out”.

I’ll just interject myself here and clarify that I completely understand you not wanting to stand by watching a tournament until 2, 3am, and I agree that you shouldn’t have to do that, and moreover I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like to show appreciation for all the SPT events and reiterate how much I enjoy them. But I feel taking out critical levels (on the direct money bubble) can’t be the best way to do this.

Given the extensive period of deepstack play on days 1a and 1b, a level (or 2) could be taken from the day 1 schedule rather than day 2, or alternatively start Day 2 at 12pm rather than 1pm?

Just a thought, as I know I’m not the only one frustrated by this!

Thanks

Ben

Answers

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,982
    Type your comment
    Morris707 said:

Hi Tikay (hoping you see this)

Just a question about the SPT grand final in Manchester next month; over the weekend whilst at SPT Glasgow, I was party to conversations relating to the removal of levels from the schedule on Day 2 in previous SPTs, and the frustration this caused. In Glasgow during play, when looking at the tournament screen I noticed the blind level 5000/10000 was removed and I brought it up to the SPT tournament director who said “Sky don’t want it going on until 2am so they decided to take a level out”.

I’ll just interject myself here and clarify that I completely understand you not wanting to stand by watching a tournament until 2, 3am, and I agree that you shouldn’t have to do that
    and moreover I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like to show appreciation for all the SPT events and reiterate how much I enjoy them. But I feel taking out critical levels (on the direct money bubble) can’t be the best way to do this.

Given the extensive period of deepstack play on days 1a and 1b, a level (or 2) could be taken from the day 1 schedule rather than day 2, or alternatively start Day 2 at 12pm rather than 1pm?

Just a thought, as I know I’m not the only one frustrated by this!

Thanks

Ben

@Morris707

Hi Ben,

First up, with regard to the part I have emboldened & italicised.....that has come across in a slightly misleading manner, though I am confident that was accidental. It did not bother Sky (or myself) as such, our concern is that we don't really want our players being there until 3 or 4am. Most of our player-base is recreational, & have jobs to go to on the Monday, that is our area of concern.

That piece of pedantry aside, I happen to agree 100% with the main thrust of your post - once an MTT starts, levels should not be removed, added, or generally tinkered with in any way. As it happens, I don't think it made a deal of difference overall, but you make what is, in my personal opinion, a very valid point.

I hope, that apart, you had a grand time in Glasgow.