You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

TDYM - 5 handed UTG scenarios

CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hi all,

Looking for opinions on these situations in TDYMs. Of course plays will vary at times depending on players however these all seem close, so in general terms what do you do? Shove or fold?

Comments

• DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited October 2018
    First hand is a definite shove for me - chance to add 25% to our stack and it should get through a lot of the time. You're still ahead even if a big ace calls. I can only think it's possibly a fold if you're sitting at a table full of calling stations.

Second hand is a little more tricky as you are likely to be in a lot more trouble if you do get looked up. I guess it depends a lot more on table dynamics. If button or small blind keeps shoving into you on your big blind, then this is probably one of those spots where we have to shove to stay competitive.

Third one a shove isn't the worst move in the world as we're likely to have live cards if we do get looked up, although we have an option to double up in the next two hands either by going to showdown with the person sitting to the left or right of us depending on what happens. I probably fold and hope for an above average holding in either of the next 2 hands for when we either get shoved on by 970 stack or shove into 670 stack.

Fourth one could go either way. Six left at level 6 suggests a passive table so a shove is fine in that scenario. However, we do have a little more time to wait for a better hand/spot with everyone still sitting at the table.

The final one is similar to the first one so same explanation.