You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What happened yesterday? UKOPS Day 7

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

It barely seems a day or two since this 10 day Sky Poker UKOPS-athon began, but here we are, 7 days are done and dusted, with just 3 days left before it's all over.

It's gone pretty well so far really, the software has behaved itself, & the Guarantees seem to have been about right.

6 more events last night, the first 3 all covered guarantee comfortably, the last 3 all missed by relatively small amounts, so I think Sky Poker will settle for that.

The next 3 nights might be a test, as Bonfire Night - which seems to run for about a week these days - will climax between now & Sunday.

Britain's biggest bonfire night celebrations take place in Lewes, down on the south coast near Brighton. Pretty scary if you ask me, and note that these are all grown-ups, with not a kid in sight. World's gone mad.

Comments

• Options

UKOPS 39, £22 entry, £4,000 BH

The usual gentle starter, which covered easily, as have all 7 opening events so far.

Close but no cigar for @rspca12, @glencoelad, @MattPrawn, @mkgunner, @albaking, @jawzindawz and @LARSON7.

In the final, first departure was @Sami14dc, with @MatWilson 5th, & @KingHurley who has been there or thereabouts in a bunch of events this week in 4th.

@BigCes ran 3rd, with @peiratis88 - which sounds like an illness - the runner-up.

King of the Hill was @Shelley7 who last cashed big in February of 2017, & has struggled a little since then, only to repair all the damage and more last night. Well done @Shelley7.

I have no idea if @Shelley7 is male or female. Oddly, if you were to look at a painting of the famous poet Shelley, you'd face the same dilemma - it's not easy to tell, is it?

Shelley's full name was Percy Bysshe Shelley.

"Bysshe"? Huh? Say what?
  • Options

UKOPS 40, £110 entry, £15,000 BH

Tough one this, with many of the better players reaching the sharp end including @Froozle, @fitzy_1 (who won the previous night's Mini), @Granite89 and @miniman88 all in the money but falling before the Final. @HAYSIE also cashed.

It was a FT bubble for @miniman88 who I have a fancy might win big before this UKOPS ends.

What a tough final it was too, with @heellloooo first to say goodbye, and @wineli adding a 5th place to the 1st & 2nd already notched up this week.

4th went to @rspca12 as he continues his battle with @FeelGroggy, & whatever happens Dog-Bloke has had a decent week after winning Tuesday's High Roller. Tonight sees the 3rd of 4 High Rollers in this UKOPS, so a top 3 finish by @FeelGroggy will really put the cat among the pigeons.

3rd went to @MattBates. I railed much of this one, & Matt was always prominent, rarely out of the leading bunch, but could not quite seal the deal. Good result though, & it's amazing to think that every time he enters a Sky Poker Tournament he makes, on average, a profit of about £7. And how many has he played? About 31,000.

Well done to @Jaystac who had his biggest ever Sky Poker cash after patiently plodding away here for over 2 years. My oh my, I bet that felt good.

Not as good as the winner @lyonsbob06 though, who achieved the remarkable feat of winning his 2nd UKOPS Main event in 3 nights, with @NChanning the sandwich filler.

Takes a bit of doing to win 2 out of 3 UKOPS Main events, so a big up to the fella.
  • Options

I have no idea how some of these surveys we see in the media are done, & frankly, I think most of them are complete and utter tosh.

The latest one measures how "Healthy" High Streets across Britain are, the criteria for "unhealthy" being how many betting shops, nail bars, tanning salons and of course fast food emporiums.

Here's the Top 10 "LEAST Healthy" according to that survey;

Grimsby

Walsall

Blackpool

Stoke-on-Trent

Sunderland

Northampton

Bolton

Wolverhampton

Huddersfield

Bradford

Note the Northern bias, the most southerly on that list is Northampton. Cobblers.

I blame Trump/May/Corbyn. Delete as applicable.
  • Options

UKOPS 41, £11 entry, £3,000 Mini BH

Rarely need to worry about this one making Guarantee, & the £3,000 Guarantee ended up as a £5,120 prize pool. Job's a good 'un.

Too many small cashes to name, but @RogueCell gets her first mention of the week, whilst @Froozle (37th) and @mewillows (27th) will both be disappointed.

22nd was @MRBLEWPIE, 16th @TheDart, 13th was Birthday Boy @splashies, yet another cash for @KingHurley, and @devil_tear who FT bubbled.

Top 6 in order of departure were @Mather14, @MrTucker, @saunders05, @lfirk, @Tsaaaar (had a good week) with the last player standing @mario1962.

Well done all.
  • Options

For balance in that survey, compare the Top 10 MOST Healthy High Streets across Britain, according to that so-called survey;

Edinburgh

Canterbury

Taunton

Shrewsbury

Cheltenham

York

Brighton & Hove

Eastbourne

Exeter

Cambridge

Note the southern bias - 4 towns on the south coast, & 8 of the 10 down south, the 2 exceptions being Edinburgh - which is certainly posh - & York, which is the home of @hhyftrftdr. Seems unlikely.

And how is Harrogate not in this list? They even have "Bettys Tea Room", so posh they even have tea-cosies, though not, it seems, apostrophes.

And if you don't know what a tea cosy is, well let me tell you, if the teapot comes with a cosy, you won't enjoy getting the bill.

Does anyone here live in a house where a tea cosy is used? Now that's posh. Proper posh.

• Options

UKOPS 42, £22 entry, £4,000 BH

Unforch, this missed guarantee, as it has done most nights this week, not entirely sure why.

I spotted one name who made a deep run who used to troll Sky Poker & particularly me night after night, "Sky Poker is rigged, don't play there". That was 10 years ago. He's played on almost Sky Poker every night since. Go figure.

21st was @memfno who has had a quiet week by his standards, ditto 18th placed @chicknMelt, whilst 11th spot went to @Ivydrive who won Tuesday's PLO8 affair in grand style. Also having a quiet week so far was @heddoh18 in 9th.

Real tough top 3 in this, with @IH8PALACE eventually ending 3rd, @GSmith13 2nd, & the win going to @seadragon.

@seadragon has been here on Sky Poker for over 7 years or more & played over 5,000 MTT's, & this was easily their biggest win. Patience rewarded, & deservedly.

• Options

Staff at google walked out on strike yesterday, leaving this leaflet on their desks....

Think it was "Women's Rights" related, and was well-supported it seems, as it should be, all the staff downed tools & spent the next hour singing "what do we want, when do we want it?" or some such drivel. They certainly looked angry. Ish.

Begs the question, what would we do without google? Search me.
  • Options

UKOPS 43, £55 entry, £4,000 Turbo BH

This one does surprisingly well given the liquidity on Sky Poker, the price point & the time of night, though it fell 3 players shy last night. 'Tis but a scratch.

What a tough line-up though, the top 25 included so many talented players, with the likes of @MattBates, @StayOrGo, @jordz16, @Sharki0, @SUPERSNEDD, @SenorBegs and @GSmith13 all running deep but coming up short of the Final Table.

6th went to @67912092, then @Albania, @Frroozle, oh-so-slowly creeping nearer & nearer, with @sherifoo7 3rd.

Runner-up was the nearest to a win all week for @scotty77, well done Ryan. It's rare to see a good photo of Ryan, he's a bit camera-shy, but this is OK;

Meanwhile, the shock of the night without a doubt was @ctbn taking this down.

There's no such thing as a good photo of Colin, but here's his best side, which was taken at SPT Glasgow a few weeks ago.

• Options

It's slightly disturbing how the media glorify some deaths and decide to say nothing about others.

The tragedy at Leicester has been well-documented, & quite right too, but if you want to read about folks starving in Yemen or being bombed to bits daily in Syria, that'll be 2 paragraphs on page 23.

Why don't they get the respect that those in Leicester got?

• Options

UKOPS 44, £22 entry, £2,000 Hyper BH

Almost by tradition, the UKOPS evening ended with a super-fast BH.

15th was @TommyD, 12th @railtard11 and 9th was @Hammmmers.

6th went to @GregUK and remarkably, @albania finished 5th, exactly the same position as he achieved in the 10pm UKOPS just an hour earlier.

The top 4, in order of departure, were @sandforddd @flushman with @gac123 the runner-up. @gac123 has been there or thereabouts all week, so he's overdue a mention.

Winner was @cormacevan, and my apologies but I'm completely unfamiliar with him or her. Get on the Forum Cormy & introduce yourself.
  • Options

Nearly done then.

Tonight?

UKOPS 45 Bounty Hunter 7:00pm £22 £5,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 46 High Roller Freezeout* 7:30pm £220 £15,000 15 10,000

UKOPS 47 Rebuy Bounty Hunter 8:00pm £22 £15,000 12 2,000 (with 4,000 add-on)

UKOPS 48 Mini Rebuy Bounty Hunter 8:30pm £11 £5,000 10 2,000 (with 4,000 add-on)

UKOPS 49 Bounty Hunter 9:00pm £22 £4,000 10 3,000

UKOPS 50 Turbo Bounty Hunter 10:00pm £55 £4,000 7 5,000

UKOPS 51 Hyper Bounty Hunter 11:00pm £22 £2,000 5 3,000

The knee-trembler, of course, will be the High Roller. The first 2 knocked the Guarantee out of the park, can this one complete the three-timer? Hope so, or @Sky_SamT & @Sky__James will be grumpy all weekend. Just for a change.
  • Options