You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mini UKOPS - what happened on Day SIX?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226

A very good Sunday morning to you all.

Last night was the 6th day of Mini UKOPS, so we'll take a look at the numbers shortly.

Great day of sport yesterday, and I think we must give pride of place to Ireland, who beat the All Blacks for the first time on home soil.

Pre-game, Ireland had to face the traditional & intimidating Haka.

Come the game, it was Ireland who did the intimidating, getting home 16-9.

What's a "Haka"? It's a sort of ceremonial "you're gonna get your heads kicked in" ritual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMXm8mfwBc

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,226

Overlay Report

Good numbers last night, helped by the lack of decent football on telly. No disrespect of course, but Albania v Scotland & Azerbaijan v Faroe Islands will struggle to get the pulse racing.

A clean sweep of covered Guarantees looked on the cards after the first three got home, but the last event of the evening apparently suffered from "got a text from pub" syndrome, so it ended 3-1 to Sky Poker.

Meanwhile, at the Baku Stadium, Azerbaijan beat the Faroe Islands in front of a packed stadium. Well, slightly packed.

edited November 2018

Mini UKOPS 23, £2.20 entry, £500 BH

Not too many familiar names cashed in this, but shoutouts go to @satsuma40, @MAXALLY, @rundagame, @SMARTGOAT, & final table bubbler @daphne56.

Top 6 were @MiCFrOG (6th), @AndyMAK (5th), @86harri (4th) and @croote03 (3rd).

Top two were @oldcrock & @dwfer, with the latter prevailing. Those two have accumulated 18,000 games on Sky Poker between them, so a bit of experience there. Amazing how many long-standing, loyal players are on this site.

I mentioned @MAXALLY above, & it's time to give him a big "thank you" for running the Mini UKOPS results thread. Alan spends a bit of time every day to update that thread, & over the course of the week so far, (6 days & counting) it has accumulated well over 300 views.

And how many replies & comments has it managed so far?

Tough audience here.

In the Snooker, Ronnie overcame Mark Selby 6-5 in a result which could have gone either way, but for neutrals, at least we get to see Ronnie do his exhibition stuff in today's final.

In the other semi-final, Judd Trump easily overcame a newbie on the scene, Eden Sharav, who is a Scot of Isreali descent & a huge unit of a man, probably north of 20 stone, who trundles round the table at his own pace but was a bit overawed by the occasion here, his first ever ranking semi-final, & on TV too.

I took quite a shine to Sharav, & a pal of mine suggested Eden was a lookalike for Jonah Hill. google images confirms that, just a shame I have no idea who Jonah Hill is.

Anyway, I decided I wanted Eden to win, (he was well beaten), a) because I quite liked the idea of a Scottish Isreali, & b) because I could never even remotely like or support a man who wears shoes which cost £15,000 a pair, as Judd Trump does.

I'm not even sure I'd wear these if you paid me £15,000, though I must report that these are the sort of thing that @Sky_SamT would like.

£15,000 for these? You are having a laugh.

Mini UKOPS 24, £5.50 entry, £1,500 Rebuy

Not a BH, but this got good numbers & beat guarantee easily.

In the mini-money spots we saw @UrABawBag2, @pcwmtc & @gpc70, @jawzindawz, @freechips1 and @bleurgh, all of whom have cashed previously in this series at least once.

Mid-division included @Whizzewky, @day4eire76, @TommyD, @JessieAK, @Froozle, and, just missing the final, @DustoLucko.

@DONNA1960 ran 6th, @tonyglfc 5th (glfc - what football club could that be?), the intriguingly-named @kirbsuk83 4th, & @PRhack93 earning yet another cash in 3rd.

@PRhack93 is struggling to close out a UKOPS win, he was 3rd in a Grown-Up UKOPS event 2 weeks ago, & then was runner up this Monday in a Mini UKOPS, bested only by the hard-to-beat @froozle.

Top 2 were @Pinkcape who was runner-up to @Bobski21.

Really tough final, this, & I suspect all 6 finalists are profitable at MTT's on Sky Poker.

edited November 2018
    At a sun-drenched but chilly day at a packed Cheltenham yesterday, Baron Alco led them all a merry dance in the Butter-Me-Up Gold Cup, or as most of us know it, "The Mackeson".

This whole thing of naming races after a sponsor is somewhere between sad & laughable, though I get that it brings money into the sport. Today, down at lovely Fontwell, there is a race which commemorates Salmon Spray, a wonderful hurdler who won the Champion Hurdle back in 1966. And the name of the race?

Follow Sun Racing On Twitter Salmon Spray Handicap Hurdle

Subtle, it's not. Meh.

Mini UKOPS 25, £11 entry, £4,000 BH

Amazing how the same players are always there or thereabouts, & we saw further cashes for @Wacko90, @OXBOWLER, @lolufold, @LittleGJ, and @Mattsmum who took down the Mini UKOPS PLO8 a few days ago.

Mid-division cashes included @Lightwood, @Ludovician, @Duesenberg, @loololollo and @BlairReid, with another cash for @freechips1 who got himself the Bubble Boy trophy.

Top 6, in order of departure, were @CJ111, @Aido_dom, @TheSwan, with another fine effort in 3rd by @Jackattaxx.

Runner-up was @superb00b, bested only by @wilsonho34. The winner does pretty well on Sky Poker, averaging about a quid a game profit over a 5,000 game sample, which is more than decent. If I could make £1 a game, I'd play morning noon & night, it's better than printing it.

The question in that logo is rhetorical, we all do.

Except this man, Filipe Oliveria, who became a millionaire yesterday after taking down the Caribbean Poker Party Main Event for $1,500,000.

And in true fairy-tale fashion, he was down to just THREE Big Blinds earlier in the Final, before staging a remarkable recovery.

Funny old game.

Mini UKOPS 26, £3 entry, £1,000 Turbo BH

A little annoyingly, this one narrowly missed Guarantee, after it looked like a perfect 4/4 was on the cards.

@HENDRIK62 celebrated Scotland's win over Slovakia with a small cash, whilst @hhyftrftdr paid for his next meal in 13th, with @terrytwomore in 10th & bubble boy going to @baxter21.

In the Final, @myjokras00 was first to exit, then @chiggypig, with @MAXALLY having, I think, his best Mini UKOPS result this week in 4th.

3rd went to @Lee_Boy, & I think we can assume that runner-up @SPIRERITE is a Chesterfield resident. The first time I ever saw the Chesterfield crooked spire I was quite shocked, it's really weird, & no, this has not been photo-shopped;

Winner was @AK57, which will be some consolatioin after he came 4th in the Mini UKOPS won by @sylvia1951 two nights earlier.

Tonight sees the 2nd of the Big Game "finals", which will have £6,000 in hard cash on the table.

Tonight's super-six will be;

@alancarr12

@railtard11

@MRBLEWPIE

@A_r_K

@Sharki0

@jedinemo

There has been some negative & rather unfortunate comment about last week's final, but folks are entitled to play the game any way they wish. It was pretty depressing to watch the comments in the chat-box during the game, criticising some players for their ability, others for nitting up, & even dissing the Promo & structure whilst the players were playing. The ill manners of a minority of poker players is a sight to behold.

Anyway, good luck all 6 tonight, it's not a bad Freeroll, & for some, it's a lot of money.

So we come to night 7 of Mini UKOPS, & here's the menu;

Mini UKOPS 27 | £500 Deepstack 6:30pm £2.20 £500 10 5,000

Mini UKOPS 28 | £500 Omaha Hi-Lo Bounty Hunter 7:15pm £5.50 £500 10 3,000

Mini UKOPS 29 | £2,500 Bounty Hunter 7:30pm £5.50 £2,500 10 3,000

Mini UKOPS 30 | £5,000 Main Event* 8:30pm £11 £5,000 12 5,000

Mini UKOPS 31 | £1,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter 9:30pm £3.30 £1,000 7 3,000

OK, I'm done, & now I'm gonna watch Ronnie show "£15,000 shoes Judd Trump" what he thinks of him & his silly shoes.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    You think 13th in a £3 game pays for my next meal?

So naïve.
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Enjoyable read as always.

What a great day of sport.

I could hear the roar at the final whistle after defeating the all blacks at my place 3 km away.