You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Your Username, would you change it? What does it mean?

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
This may have already been done before, but if you could, would you change your username? And if so, what would you change it to?

Would you also be against allowing names to be changed? On a smaller pool of players like Sky I think sadly yes (unless you could click on the player name and it said "formerly PKRPar" or something along the likes)

It's always such an important decision when starting out and one I sadly didn't really think about too hard about. I often get asked at the tables if my name relates to the old poker site PKR. It doesn't, it is literally an abbreviation of Poker. And the Par section? Absolutely nothing to do with golf, but more the nickname of the team I support. Kudos for any correct guesses there.

I think if given the option I would probably change my username to something more "edgy". Not sure people "****" themselves when they see me sitting to their left at the tables deep in a tourney. Then again that's probably down to my play rather than anything else... :/

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    PKRPar said:

This may have already been done before, but if you could, would you change your username? And if so, what would you change it to?

Would you also be against allowing names to be changed? On a smaller pool of players like Sky I think sadly yes (unless you could click on the player name and it said "formerly PKRPar" or something along the likes)

It's always such an important decision when starting out and one I sadly didn't really think about too hard about. I often get asked at the tables if my name relates to the old poker site PKR. It doesn't, it is literally an abbreviation of Poker. And the Par section? Absolutely nothing to do with golf, but more the nickname of the team I support. Kudos for any correct guesses there.

I think if given the option I would probably change my username to something more "edgy". Not sure people "****" themselves when they see me sitting to their left at the tables deep in a tourney. Then again that's probably down to my play rather than anything else... :/

Got to be Dunfermline....
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Silly thread.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233

Silly thread.

I played with someone with that username already so not sure you'd be able to call yourself that!

What you did end up with though is much better... :smiley:
  • chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Mine was supposed to be Chrisdonkbet, didn't realise it was too long and therefore the last two letters got cut off so it makes a little less sense :neutral:
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    PKRBairn
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Allan23 said:

PKRBairn

Relegation ;)

Mine was supposed to be Chrisdonkbet, didn't realise it was too long and therefore the last two letters got cut off so it makes a little less sense :neutral:

bizarre it didn't just let you know you had exceeded the character limit.
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    PKRPar said:

Allan23 said:

PKRBairn

Relegation ;)

Saved for future laughter.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    When I signed up I typed in kapowblamzap. It's a throwback to the adam west batman.

Still don't know why Sky chopped the last 2 letters off.

Basically, I should be allowed a name change.
  • JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    I would change mine to DontTellDad
  • BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    edited January 2019
    Couple of years back should have renamed mine to Nissan ... but back with the German little cars again :)
  • BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    Probz change mine to BlackHawk89.
  • pokerfi208pokerfi208 Member Posts: 16
    Either "ppi" because you're most likely due a payout, or PaulBurrell because I'm useless without royalty.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    From mumsie to Mumsie .
  • AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Type your comment
    mumsie said:

From mumsie to Mumsie .

I'd also do a very minor but major change too - my nickname is ABO and I am originally from Liverpool so I combined nickname and the Liverpool area post code (0151) to make AB0151 - however given it used to be 151 and I am of that era and given I'm not AB I wish I could change to ABO151...the light at end of tunnel however is that I am ABO151 on Stars so I am assuming this will be quite a convoluted exceptional name change process ;-)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    Type your comment
    AB0151 said:

Type your comment

mumsie said:

From mumsie to Mumsie .

I'd also do a very minor but major change too - my nickname is ABO and I am originally from Liverpool so I combined nickname and the Liverpool area post code (0151) to make AB0151 - however given it used to be 151 and I am of that era and given I'm not AB I wish I could change to ABO151...the light at end of tunnel however is that I am ABO151 on Stars so I am assuming this will be quite a convoluted exceptional name change process ;-)
    Ugh, that'll be fun.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978
    That reminds me of when Party merged with BWin.

I was PhilGreen111 on Party, and had played about 30,000 MTTs
    PhilGreen1111 on BWin, and had played 5 MTTs.

No prizes for guessing which name was disallowed....
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,626
    can i change mine to stokershit :p
    i love em really <3
  • peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
    My name is Peter, and my lucky number is 27.

I do wish I could change my name to capitalise the "p", which really messes with my OCD.
  • NHNH Member Posts: 20
    Mine was originally NHjob
    Back when they televised tourneys I got kinda deep and my name was mysteriously edited :'(
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    Type your comment
    NH said:

Mine was originally NHjob
    Back when they televised tourneys I got kinda deep and my name was mysteriously edited :'(

Can't begin to imagine why....