You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HOOKS,i hate 'em..

philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Yet again my least favourite hand gets me outed,fs.looking back i cant really see a different outcome,other than not playing them at all..or paying half my stack 2 find out im losing,or just calling and have evry1 else come along for the ride(which in hindsight would have been the better option)...lol,any advice on playin JJ  would be appreciated,thank.

logybear28 Small blind  500.00 500.00 5600.00
stegstan Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 2615.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

scooter01 Call  1000.00 2500.00 26287.50
philmenow All-in  7887.50 10387.50 0.00
achill Fold     
jimmcm147 Fold     
logybear28 Fold     
stegstan Fold     
scooter01 Call  6887.50 17275.00 19400.00
scooter01 Show
  • A
  • A

philmenow Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• K

scooter01 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Kings 17275.00  36675.00

Comments

• Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited February 2010
    Play them like a premium hand...if you are beaten like that then not much you can do.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    personally i think limping is the best for JJ unless short stacked or 3 players and then big bet if all flop cards are lower, if higher flop cards like AKQ then get outa there. Not sure what the odds of a AKQ coming in the community cards but i think its better than 50/50 so JJ aint that good. But to be honest, like so many poker hands that look so so good preflop, they are well beatable, even AA loses 1 in 5 times!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: HOOKS,i hate 'em..:
    personally i think limping is the best for JJ unless short stacked or 3 players and then big bet if all flop cards are lower, if higher flop cards like AKQ then get outa there. Not sure what the odds of a AKQ coming in the community cards but i think its better than 50/50 so JJ aint that good. But to be honest, like so many poker hands that look so so good preflop, they are well beatable, even AA loses 1 in 5 times!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    iv tried limping with them b4 and usually sum1 hits a couple of manky prs 95,84,...but i hear what ur saying..worse thing about this hand was the fact that scooter had me well and truly covered.
  • Options
    KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited February 2010
    -If you're big stacked, raise with it.

-If you're medium stacked, limp with it, play it like a middle pocket pair, look to hit the set, if you don't and it's a dangerous board - overcards, flushy cards, paired board etc. get out of the hand, if the board is safe looking, play it strong to take the pot down - if you run into a better hand, it's unlucky.

-If you're short stacked, push.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    -If you're big stacked, raise with it. -If you're medium stacked, limp with it, play it like a middle pocket pair, look to hit the set, if you don't and it's a dangerous board - overcards, flushy cards, paired board etc. get out of the hand, if the board is safe looking, play it strong to take the pot down - if you run into a better hand, it's unlucky. -If you're short stacked, push.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    so,in this position,should have limped,seen K on flop and assume im beaten..? and if any1 raises after my limp pre-flop ? fold? its hard, cos limping looks so weak,some1 raises with 72os,do i assume im losing ? or re-raise?
  • Options
    KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: HOOKS,i hate 'em.. : so,in this position,should have limped,seen K on flop and assume im beaten..? and if any1 raises after my limp pre-flop ? fold? its hard, cos limping looks so weak,some1 raises with 72os,do i assume im losing ? or re-raise?
    Posted by philmenow

Well in the hand in question, you are short-stacked (7BB) so you would either push or even fold - you did say you hated J's.
    Definitely no limpage at this stage.

You've ran into one of only 3 better hands, that's just unlucky.

If - now we're going hypothetical - you had 30BB's, the player in front of you had limped, what I would do in the situation is limp behind, you're now playing to hit a set or make a move on him (as you have position). You've got enough chips to get away if you miss or he calls/raises your raise.
    If another player gets involved by raising it pre-flop with 7-2os, you will get your answer as to how strong the previous limper was without having to invest more than 3% of your stack.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cheers kev,so my push was fine,even though i hate them so much and should have mukked 'em(lol),to be honest its unlikely i'll ever mukk them,unless its really obvious im behind,some days are winning days afterall.cheers again.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    give me jacks every hand
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2010
    philmenow, what was bs about this hand?

You typed it in the chatbox after the hand and i could'nt understand why.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    philmenow, what was bs about this hand? You typed it in the chatbox after the hand and i could'nt understand why.
    Posted by achill
    i think it was the fact that scooter happened 2 have AA,and i was well and truly beat,with JJ,again,its short for b u l l s h i t. how often i get a decent hand only to run into a better hand,o well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    philmenow, what was bs about this hand? You typed it in the chatbox after the hand and i could'nt understand why.
    Posted by achill
    or phaps it was short for, bravo scooter..