You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NLH v PLO

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'd guess that 80% to 85% of poker played is NLH.

Why do so many prefer NLH over other formats, especially PLO?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

It used to be the case that most Hold Em was Pot Limit, and it seemed to me to be the perfect format, Pot Limit has so many more nuances compared to No Limit (imo).

Now, it's almost impossible to find a PLH game. Why?

Anyone think that PLH will take a comeback, or that PLO will gain in popularity compared to NLH?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited February 2019
    Im surprised PLO isn't bigger.

Poker sites are aiming their stuff more and more at their "punters".

If you stick a bad player on a NLHE table he wont last long, he would need huge amounts of luck to ever spin up a decent stack and/or bankroll.

He'll just get ground down or punt off his/her money.

In PLO due to the short term variance and the hand equities running so close he has every chance of getting something going. The edge of his opponents over him when 1 tabling for 300 hands or so is going to be pretty small.

I've played 99% of my poker on a NLHE table,but If i was offered a free shot @ a $50/100 game at any poker format against the best in the world, I'd choose PLO everytime.... And I'd probably be a loser in a 5c/10c online PLO game.