You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is this the kind of spot i should be getting it in? Or can i find a fold?

ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
So, last nights main event. £10k sharpshooter. 24 left, about 10 places into the cash with a few decent bounties (not sure if that does/should have any bearing on the matter), so I'm already £60 in profit....

I pick up AKo UTG and min raise off a 20bb stack, folded round to bb who shoves for 24bb. I'm hoping to be up against AQ, but guessing i'm up against a pp. What's the play? Call for a potential double up and have a 40bb stack, or fold and be left with a 19bb?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

I'm calling, for sure.

Gives us a chance to have a stack we can bully with, & go on for the win.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    I think this is a call in this spot.

If we were in a position to take the head then it wouldnt even merit a moments thought but even so the double up would put you in a great position to go really deep.

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Im raising UTG with the intentions to go all in pre, if any resistance
  • Options
    ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    Thanks guys, I did end up calling. Villain had QQ, I didn't improve, even though the flop was all spades and I had the king of spades.
    The classic AK vs PP. Whenever I bust having got it in AIPF with AK I always feel a bit flat and have that little voice in my head saying "you just threw your tourney away with ace high". But my gut instinct was: I should be calling here, glad I made the right move.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Definitely don't fold this!