You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bounty Hunters ( yea another one)

dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
edited February 2019 in Poker Chat
Yea , I know the subject has been thrashed about a million times and always gets the same responses.
If I had a fruit and vegetable market stall , and 80% of my stock was potatoes , then it's a fair assumption to make that the highest number of customers I would have is for Potatoes compared to the other product, its also a fair assumption to make that most people who come to my stall will be looking for potatoes, they might buy a packet of radishes while they are there.
Look back to the schedule in the good old days of the Sky open and the Sunday primo , might be selective memory on my part , but I don't remember seeing the mtt lobby full of Bounty Hunters .
Also , If you make the guarantees over ambitious then you are effectively setting up non bounty hunters to fail ....a modest guarantee on these tourneys and they will find their own level , and people who prefer that sort of tournament will play them . Sky will get the extra rake ( radishes) , and possibly entice more tournament players back .Win/Win ?
Cant help wondering how many people play mtts somewhere else , because of the proliferation of bounty hunters and the schedule .

Comments

• JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited February 2019
    My mate brokaly Rob likes bounty hunters the best. I like cash games though.
  • ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    I don't think Sky is any different to other sites. Bounty hunters have swept through a lot of sites, it's just because Sky's tournament schedule is SOOOOOO light, every other tournament is a BH. Stars have a lot of bounty hunters, but they are intermingled with other types (including a deep stack bounty hunter-interesting).

I don't think its a question of too many bounty hunters, its a question of not enough of everything else..... whilst we're on the subject, whatever happened to the full ring game?
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    ShaunyT said:

I don't think Sky is any different to other sites. Bounty hunters have swept through a lot of sites, it's just because Sky's tournament schedule is SOOOOOO light, every other tournament is a BH. Stars have a lot of bounty hunters, but they are intermingled with other types (including a deep stack bounty hunter-interesting).

I don't think its a question of too many bounty hunters, its a question of not enough of everything else..... whilst we're on the subject, whatever happened to the full ring game?

There is a full ring game on Friday @7.15pm The Orfy £3.30 entry & is a deepstack freezeout
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2019
    ShaunyT said:

Well light schedule yes , but just checked another site I play on , and between 7 pm and 10 pm tonight inclusive over there are 46 mtts 2 Bounty hunters
    sky tonight ( same times) : 29 mtts 14 Bounty hunters

So whilst Bounty hunters might be making more of an appearance elsewhere , the ratio on here is still disproportionate.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Sky have tried to push non bh games and the only success I can think of is the mega stack. Apart from that you get people asking for non bh games and some appetite is shown on the forum then quite often when these games are put on the people who were vocal for the games don't even play them. When sky have UKOPS the non bh games are the ones that struggle.
    If you have a low guarantee then they will struggle as do people want to play a game with say 3 paid when they cant even get some return on their money through winning a bounty?
    People will value hunt so if they see a game with overlay then they will often play it even if it is a format they favour less.
    I remember back when the primo was in its prime. Sky did try and bring it back but it didn't prove as popular and was eventually removed. Trends change over time and as has been mentioned other sites have dramatically increased their bh offerings over recent times.
    Not sure what the other site you play on is as numbers like that are very surprising.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    MattBates said:

Sky have tried to push non bh games and the only success I can think of is the mega stack. Apart from that you get people asking for non bh games and some appetite is shown on the forum then quite often when these games are put on the people who were vocal for the games don't even play them. When sky have UKOPS the non bh games are the ones that struggle.
    If you have a low guarantee then they will struggle as do people want to play a game with say 3 paid when they cant even get some return on their money through winning a bounty?
    People will value hunt so if they see a game with overlay then they will often play it even if it is a format they favour less.
    I remember back when the primo was in its prime. Sky did try and bring it back but it didn't prove as popular and was eventually removed. Trends change over time and as has been mentioned other sites have dramatically increased their bh offerings over recent times.
    Not sure what the other site you play on is as numbers like that are very surprising.

Morning Matt ...The other figures were from my bet365 lobby on ipoker ...with perameters set to " all" ...
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I play cash poker myself but I have played the occassional MTT.

To get a decent MTT prize you need the recs and as players who play the occassional MTT and gamble a BH is gonna be a much better choice than other MTTS. A BH is very FAST PACED doing a KO means you will WIN CASH sound stupid but in a recs mind not only have the won cash from the KO they will have big stack and have an easier time knocking out even more people.

On the other hand if as a rec you played a SLOW PACED deepstack MTT like the primo you will start getting increasingly bored constantly wondering when you will get past the bubble and when the rec fails the pass the bubble he will be left annoy having wasted cash and time playing a MTT where you have to get past the bubble looking over the road to see the rec who played and went out early in a BH jumping for joy knowing he has won back some cash from getting a KO in the BH
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    edited February 2019
    Its no secret that I am a fan of very deep stacked long clocked games ie 25,000 chips 30 min levels starting at 25/50. However as many have pointed out these games just dont attract sufficient numbers to justify putting them on and thus we are left with the proliferation of bounty hunters.

I dont know what the answer is and certainly dont know enough about the flow of players etc to make a game viable. Although i do know that putting a £5.50 freezeout on at both 1am and 2am isnt a great thing SKY PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Would I like to see more freezeouts and deestacks. Yes, but not at the expense of the current player pool.

Also not everybody is a fan of turbos and for me Id like to see these confined to SnG. But hey they appeal to the action junkies I suppose.

Yours in poker

Mark