You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is this correct play.

DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I'm in The Road To Manchester FR 28 left 2 players limp I make up small blind big blind calls, blinds 800/1600 I have20545 opp' in big blind has 48400. I have Ad 7d flop comes 2d Kd Jc 2 checks I go AI is this the correct play I thought with the amount of equity I had it was good to go AI big blind calls others fold. Or would it have been better to go AI Pre.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Hi @DoyleBrun,

Can we assume we went all-in on the turn? You said you were in the SB, & on the flop there were 2 checks & you then moved all-in, so your all-in could not be on the flop if I read it correctly.

If so, what was the turn?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    With the dead money I would rip pre. Post Be good to know flop action as Tikay has said it doesn't make sense atm. Shoving over a flop bet seems fine, I doubt we get a king to fold but Jx probably will.
  • Options
    Definitely on flop 2d Kd Jc two players checked I went AI in small blind on flop big blind call others fold you got it Matt he call with a K but I had 42% equity so in my mind there was a reasonable chance for me to hit. Hope this makes sense thank you for the input.
  • Options
    Hi mate @DoyleBrun

Still a bit confused here;

"Definitely on flop 2d Kd Jc two players checked I went AI in small blind"

If you were in the Small Blind, you would be first to act after the flop, so 2 players could not have checked?

Having said that, you had 13 Bigs & have flopped 4 to the nut flush, so I'm deffo happy to jam all-in there, & if we don't get there, so be it. Course, they might both fold, = Happy Days, or both call & you get there, = 2 x Happy Days.
  • Options
    Sorry may have got my position wrong but thats how it went and thanks for reply.
  • Options
    Maybe I check big blind bet 2 folds then I all in that could of been how it went.
  • Options
    Type your comment
    DoyleBrun said:

Maybe I check big blind bet 2 folds then I all in that could of been how it went.

Yup, I think that would have been the play.

And yes, main thing is to get it in imo. Give the other(s) an uncomfortable spot, put them in a coffin so to speak.

Always good to put villain in awkward spots, then they are more prone to making a mistake.