You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Vegas sats

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
Where are the all-in sats for the Vegas quarter final as they have not appeared in the lobby?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

Hi @SidV79

There were none scheduled today as far as I am aware, but I've no idea if that was an error or by design. They have been pretty busy in the office today for one reason or another.

I will ask in the morning if they plan to resume them.
  • Options
    Thanks Tikay
  • Options

Morning @SidV79

I raised this with James, & it appears it was a deliberate decision to drop them, & they won't run today either, or until further notice.

They may however resume at some stage.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Tikay10 said:

Morning @SidV79

I raised this with James, & it appears it was a deliberate decision to drop them, & they won't run today either, or until further notice.

Hi TK

Makes good business sense- not enough £ return for the value of the prize.

However, I suppose it depends on how many quarters get cancelled because those extra 2/3 make the difference in terms of min nos; less likely for vegas and some Glasgow semis still haven't don't run even with them

I'm fortunate enough to have the time to spend during the day to play the sats then...

I was in the first with only 3 regs and the 2nd with 6? 7??

For those 9-5's ..is there any merit in loading more of the sats after 18:00??
  • Options
    madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning @SidV79

Hi TK

However, I suppose it depends on how many quarters get cancelled because those extra 2/3 make the difference in terms of min nos; less likely for vegas and some Glasgow semis still haven't don't run even with them

I'm fortunate enough to have the time to spend during the day to play the sats then...

I gather part of the problem is a minority of players are abusing All-In sats by unregging from the Quarter after they win the All-In sats. That's not the whole problem but it does not help.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @Tikay10 . As prof states it does make good business sense especially when some players are abusing them to "win" £40. This makes it even more galling for those of us who do want to play and hopefully win a seat
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Just a thought?

As much as I liked the previous approach of cash for seats in the SPT's and I'm not a tecchie, but surely a little re-programming and change of policy, i.e. all seats won in allins must be played automatically with refunds of already regged players being given back after the start of the game?

Has that made sense?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning @SidV79

Hi TK

I gather part of the problem is a minority of players are abusing All-In sats by unregging from the Quarter after they win the All-In sats. That's not the whole problem but it does not help.
    I think Vegas sats will be popular enough without the need for the all ins. The trouble you get is players will jump in them if numbers are low as its +ev to do so. Maybe start them after the quarter has started then at least its not players taking the cash and not even playing the target event. Guess this is one of the problems with not having a ticket system.

I assume promo page will be updated or you will probably have questions on the forum every few days.
  • Options

@SidV79 & @MattBates

And as if by magic, the All-In Sats to the Vegas Quarters are now back in the lobby.