You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Could I have done anything different?

WNPWNP Member Posts: 8
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to learn how to play the game properly, but think I made the right move here.

I'd noticed this player was calling/raising loosely (as seen by his all in below) which also affected my decision, but would appreciate some thoughts on it and whether you would have done things differently.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bottle699Small blind£0.02£0.02£3.86
tosca21Big blind£0.04£0.06£1.78
Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q
bowlzy46Raise£0.64£0.70£2.94
mrblk30Fold
WNPRaise£1.98£2.68£2.67
bottle699Fold
tosca21Fold
bowlzy46All-in£2.94£5.62£0.00
WNPCall£1.60£7.22£1.07
bowlzy46Show
  • A
WNPShow
  • Q
  • Q
Flop
  • A
  • K
Turn
River
  • J
bowlzy46WinTwo Pairs, Aces and 6s£6.67£6.67

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You got lots of money in as a big favourite. That is all you can keep doing, is nothing you can do about the run out once your money is in the middle.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    best advice i can give you is not to focus on hands like this. Big hands play themselves and there is no point dwelling on results.

Focus your attention on a solid pre flop raise / fold range from different spots and depths and the rest of the game becomes much easier as a result.

Good luck
  • Options
    Stork8Stork8 Member Posts: 2
    He's a maniac going that hard with A6o - and if you read him as a maniac you were spot on shoving with QQ. Only alternative would be to call the 0.64 bet and see what flopped. Yes it's painful folding QQ when A,K hits the board but remember you'd smash him the times a 6 comes on a dry flop and he carries on !
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    You got it in ahead and got unlucky with the runout. As long as you continue to get your money in good then you will in the long run be a winning player.

yours in poker

Mark
  • Options
    WNPWNP Member Posts: 8
    Thanks guys,

Been in quite a few spots like this and it's frustrating as I always seem to lose on the last card when 95% favourite. Though a few of them are spots I know I shouldn't be getting myself in, so definite room for improvement on my part

Will keep plugging away and working on my ranges!
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,806
    Only thing I would add is once this maniac has raised to that amount you might as well just shove instead of raising. Your happy to go with it so just make things simple. If, for eg, he had called and an over card A or K had come and he shoves you make it hard for yourself as he could easily be bluffing.