You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Costly Mistake.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537
edited March 2019 in The Rail
Driver who shouted 'f*** the feds' at police in east London has car seized

A motorist who shouted "f*** the feds" at a police van in east London was promptly pulled over and had his car seized.
Police shamed the individual on social media after they pulled him over in Walthamstow following his verbal outburst.
Waltham Forest Police shared a picture of the stopped car and a police van, then wrote: "Shouting F*** the feds out your window as you drive past at our Neighbourhood Tasking Team and @MPSSpecials, is going to get you stopped.
"Shame you didn't have insurance.
"Off to the car pound."
One person wrote: "It never ceases to amaze me that the people who really shouldn’t draw attention to themselves always do."
Another urged the police: "Crush it and make him watch."

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/driver-shouted-apos-f-feds-162114650.html

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Ha, love it.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Love this
    I think it’s good that police have started using social media in this way - for far too long people have been casting the police in a bad light with YouTube vids, it’s about time the public were made aware of what they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    On a group I frequent online there’s an update every day of what the local police have been dealing with, it serves to highlight how vastly underfunded they are.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Love this
    I think it’s good that police have started using social media in this way - for far too long people have been casting the police in a bad light with YouTube vids, it’s about time the public were made aware of what they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    On a group I frequent online there’s an update every day of what the local police have been dealing with, it serves to highlight how vastly underfunded they are.

Theresa May doesn't think that 20,000 less police has any bearing on crime rates.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Love this

Theresa May doesn't think that 20,000 less police has any bearing on crime rates.
    But don't forget she said "No deal is better than a bad deal" so when do we start believing anything she says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhol2_3ilmM

Sorry to hijack this thread with a Brexit entry-thought i would raise the Brexit discussion as there isn't any discussion on it on this site
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    i,ve got every respect for the police they do an amazing job but sometimes , just sometimes they let themselves down
    about 12 years ago i get woken up at 4am on a Sunday it was the police stating my van had been broken into , i know its low priority , i goes outside the back doors looked like they had been chewed through and everything was gone about 5k worth of tools.
    they sat me in the back of the car i was expecting some formalities but no they got stuck into me accusing me of fraud , i was in tears realizing my livelyhood up the swanny and i told them that that insurers wouldn,t insure tools in vans that were parked on the street , i have no drive but the street i live is very quiet , they finally believed me when i told them that
    i know they were doing a job but it was the way they went about it that made me think
    i had to re-mortgage me house to get a complete set of tools ..still paying for it
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    I'm not convinced a) you can equate numbers to effectiveness and b) All very well and good when the police tweet catching a driver without insurance , but what about the 3 burglaries , 1 stabbing and 6 antisocial behaviour incidents that happened down the road at the same time (obv an example , but you get the point)
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Love this

Poetic justice?