You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mother's Day

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

To all those Mums out there, happy Mothers Day. (Paging MOTHERRRR @Amarie ).

Comments

• Options

Is Mother's Day still a thing?

Anyone here celebrate it, buy mum flowers, go for a meal?

Seems to me that flower shops (supermarkets these days) & restaurants milk it for all it's worth, but not sure anyone really cares, do they?
  • Options

Gill is a bit nuts, she's not a Mum as such, in the normal sense, but she does have Hampy, (her Hamster), & she always buys Hampy a Christmas pressie.

So today, she got a box of chocolates, & gave it to Hampy to give back to her as a surprise Mother's Day gift.

Truly, I kid you not. Bonkers.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    iv bought my mom some perfume and going for a meal. nice to show there appreciated in my oppinion
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Big fan of this chap........ is she! that will be a no then.

• Options
    Never Prosecuted for it, as everyone knew she was not talking about four legged Rodent.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Every other Sunday, I take the lad for a carvery at a local pub. Today, and times like Xmas and Easter, forget getting a table. I will have to cook (badly) today as 'I take my Mother out once a year' brigade come out and fill all the restaurants up. Shocking.

...When will will get a 'Fathers Day' in this new age of equality?
  • Options
    Sorry to remind you all but Mothers Day is not happy day for the Son's like me who's Mum has Passed. just saying.
  • Options
    goldon said:

Sorry to remind you all but Mothers Day is not happy day for the Son's like me who's Mum has Passed. just saying.

You are far from alone in that, me included, but it won't stop me wishing those who are still with us a nice day, nor should it.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

goldon said:

You are far from alone in that, me included, but it won't stop me wishing those who are still with us a nice day, nor should it.

Blimey you responded to my post ....... it's sad day for me even wishing my wife Happy Mothers Day and enjoying the Flowers my son's have brought.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,155
    MAXALLY said:

Every other Sunday, I take the lad for a carvery at a local pub. Today, and times like Xmas and Easter, forget getting a table. I will have to cook (badly) today as 'I take my Mother out once a year' brigade come out and fill all the restaurants up. Shocking.

...When will will get a 'Fathers Day' in this new age of equality?

Fathers day every year in June. Its nice to get spoiled one day a year.
  • Options
    AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    Thanks Mr K

My 2 babies both ask what I want as a pressie for Mothers Day, and my response is 'just your time' so we had a lovely afternoon as a family and the degen daughter made dinner (or tea as we call it in Rochdale), and the son then did the washing up (well he loaded the dishwasher lol) I also spent some time with my wonderful mum, who is 86 this year and luckily just lives opposite me.

So all in all a very nice day

Mother

xxxx

• Options
    Amarie said:

Thanks Mr K

My 2 babies both ask what I want as a pressie for Mothers Day, and my response is 'just your time' so we had a lovely afternoon as a family and the degen daughter made dinner (or tea as we call it in Rochdale), and the son then did the washing up (well he loaded the dishwasher lol) I also spent some time with my wonderful mum, who is 86 this year and luckily just lives opposite me.

So all in all a very nice day

Mother

xxxx

Lovely job, pleased to hear it. I get a bit emotional about it, ( I have had three Mum's, believe it or not, & they have all passed away) but that's another story.

As a matter of interest......

"My 2 babies....."

When you say "babies", exactly how old are they?

xx
  • Options
    AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    My 'babies' will always be my babies but in reality the son and heir is 33 and the degen daughter is 30.

I know, I know I don't look old enough, but i was very young lol

Mother
    xxx