You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Correct play or too loose ?

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
edited December 2021 in Strategy
£5.50 bh and Ive only been at the table 5 minutes when this happens.

Blinds are 30 / 60 and Im playing 2450 in the cutoff with A 9 suited in spades.

Its limped to me and I min raise and its called all the way around.

Flop is 678 with 2spades and omg the table goes crazy s.b all in 2130 bounty £2.50. b.b all in 8455 bounty £3.20. seat 1 all in 1390 bounty £2.50 seat 2 HJ all in 2205 bounty £2.50.

Still to act me 2330 bounty £2.50 and the button 2100 bounty £2.50

Now tbh I didnt really have time to do many calculations but I can win 3 bounties 4 if the button joins the party and have a stack of almost 10,000 or 12,000 if I win. I know i have 17 outs off the flop as I'm open ended with the nut flush draw. Now true these wont all be clean outs but at this point my brain is just saying "This is the biggest +EV spot youre gonna find tonight" and I shove it.

The button somehow finds a fold so its a 5 way all in.

Im absolutely convinced that there is no way I can pass up this spot and would be interested to know if any of you better players out there would fold and if so why ??

Yours in poker

Mark

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    I'm with you..... defo calling :)

........particularly as it's a Bounty Hunter. I'm sure I would if it was any Tourney tbh

Hopefully the good players will tell us why we are right or wrong. I'm sure someone had flopped a straight which reduces your outs no doubt, but with the Flush Draw as well, gotta be a call for me
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    If players behind you have limped there is no real reason to raise from 40bb. You can over limp as the hand has nut potential with the spades, if you do raise you need to make it like 4 - 4.5 x with limpers behind. Min raising literally achieves nothing and all it will do is over inflate any 4b that comes in behind. I would prefer folding over min raising.

On the flop im getting every chip in vs as many opponents as possible even if I know there is kk qq jj behind me.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Min raising over the limps is utterly pointless. What is the thought process behind that?

I highly doubt you have 17 'real' outs given the action but I'm sure most of us would be going for the spin here.

Better next time if you can actually post the hand, makes it much easier to decipher when looking at a hh rather than having one explained.