You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

wrong call on the river?

KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
Sugarplumg Small blind £1.50 £1.50 £203.61
Kerrnal Big blind £3.00 £4.50 £431.85
Your hole cards

Craigh87 Fold
Thoich Fold
buddha350 Raise £6.00 £10.50 £104.03
Rhythm1991 Fold
Sugarplumg Call £4.50 £15.00 £199.11
Kerrnal Call £3.00 £18.00 £428.85
Flop

Sugarplumg Check
Kerrnal Bet £9.00 £27.00 £419.85
buddha350 Fold
Sugarplumg Call £9.00 £36.00 £190.11
Turn

K

Sugarplumg Check
Kerrnal Check
River

Sugarplumg All-in £190.11 £226.11 £0.00
Kerrnal Call £190.11 £416.22 £229.74
Sugarplumg Show
K
K
Kerrnal Show
Sugarplumg Win Full House, Kings and 5s £414.42 £414.42

This a hand from spin ups cash. I managed to spin up a fairly big stack and was running well. I have been pushing myself Bankroll rise as these are pretty high stakes for me. What are peoples thoughts about the call and the way I played the hand. Looking I think the shove looks very strong and maybe I should have found a found.

Comments

• K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited April 2019
    What colour cards were they?

Any notes on villan?
  • KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    it wouldnt let me do the copy and paste thing. the flop and turn were all hearts and not sure about the river.
    I would say they played fairly tight nothing out of line
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Trivially easy call. Ton of randoms do this with trips and sometimes go ballistic with something random. You wouldn't even give this a second thought if you'd won.
    Would just go 3 streets myself but you have to go broke here.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Firstly, as grog said I call river.
    Not sure why we bet flop when Buddha is pre flop aggressor and then we check turn?
    Thanks Grog and Matt. I am not sure Matt why I think Mainly because the flop was all hearts.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    100% my only intention is to get all the money in
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Only read the original post not the additional about suits and overlooked fact we weren't preflop-aggressor. Obviously if there's 4 to a flush you would not think he would have a naked 5 but he can still just have the Ace of hearts or something random.
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    I say this from low stakes player which might not be relevant too much to these levels but throwing my two cents in incase it helps.

We have a 4 card flush against us (if im reading comments correctly) and not great pot odds. The other thing that strikes me is the sizing of the river bet. £190 into £36 in my experience this is almost always the nuts, unless we have reads the player is capable of a random bluff. But usually weighted super heavy to the former as you wouldnt usually bluff this amount.

This makes me lead to a fold.

That said many players far better than me saying get the money in so take my reply for what you will
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    The_Don90 said:

I say this from low stakes player which might not be relevant too much to these levels but throwing my two cents in incase it helps.

We have a 4 card flush against us (if im reading comments correctly) and not great pot odds. The other thing that strikes me is the sizing of the river bet. £190 into £36 in my experience this is almost always the nuts, unless we have reads the player is capable of a random bluff. But usually weighted super heavy to the former as you wouldnt usually bluff this amount.

This makes me lead to a fold.

That said many players far better than me saying get the money in so take my reply for what you will

4 card flush against our full house @The_Don90
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    misread board