You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Ole gets the gig

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gets the Old Trafford gig.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691296

Good decision, bad decision?

Comments

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,151
    Well I absolutely detest Man U, but it's a great appointment. If Ole can get Mike Phelan to stay on with him I really think it could be the dawn of another dynasty.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999

Well I absolutely detest Man U, but it's a great appointment. If Ole can get Mike Phelan to stay on with him I really think it could be the dawn of another dynasty.

Hope I'm wrong.

He's made a great start.
    I truly believe he could be the next Roberto Di Matteo :)
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Great news for all rival clubs.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023
    As much as I dislike Mourinho, I think that the players should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone could see that they wasn't 'playing' for the club/team. O.K. you can blame Mourinho for his man management of certain players but for those same players to turn around their own personal performances so quickly shows more about the players than the manager. From a non ManUre fan.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082

You may be right there @lucy4

I'm still not convinced that Ole is the right long-term choice though.

I hope he succeeds, and I'm a complete neutral, but I'm just not sure he can do it.
    Says this in the week then lost today 4-0 at Everton. That's his days numbered by player power again.

@lucy4

Certainly looks that way. Terrible performance again today.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    snigger
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Ole's at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel.......oh
    In my opinion the board gave OGS a contract too soon,if Pinky & Perky had come in after Mourinho they would've still got the same reaction/results as OGS due to the players attitudes. He should've just been given the job till the end of the season and a decision made then. It always astounds me that successful business people make dubious decisions once football clubs are involved,ones that they would never make in their actual business world.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    At least the fans can't have any complaints with the decision, I think they were a big factor as far as giving him the job was concerned.

Agree with both @waller02 & @lucy4.

What a mess.