You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

APAT Season 4 Announcement

SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys

As many of you competed and showed interest and railed the Sky Poker team in the APAT team event last month I am sure there is plenty of interest in what APAT has to offer in 2010.

I am aware posting of links to other forums is not allowed but all the details can be found via APAT websites.

It is certainly an interesting read with some great low buy in and registration free tournaments and also a Professional league.

APAT is superbly run and the future of poker.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited February 2010
    I'm deffo going to get more involved this year, couldn't make it to any events last year, deffo going to give the welsh championships a go next month and see how it goes from there.

EDIT: Not sure why Sky wernt made the new sponsers, alot of online comps, and with alot of backroom staff involved in both sides, seems like it would make sense to me.
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited February 2010
    In Response to APAT Season 4 Announcement:
    Hi guys As many of you competed and showed interest and railed the Sky Poker team in the APAT team event last month I am sure there is plenty of interest in what APAT has to offer in 2010. I am aware posting of links to other forums is not allowed but all the details can be found via APAT websites. It is certainly an interesting read with some great low buy in and registration free tournaments and also a Professional league. APAT is superbly run and the future of poker. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Hi Dave

I just registered up to APAT website, one question that I hope you can help me with, when does registration for the Welsh Championship open?

Cheers
    Dylan
  • Options
    sarahandosarahando Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    In Response to APAT Season 4 Announcement:
    Hi guys As many of you competed and showed interest and railed the Sky Poker team in the APAT team event last month I am sure there is plenty of interest in what APAT has to offer in 2010. I am aware posting of links to other forums is not allowed but all the details can be found via APAT websites. It is certainly an interesting read with some great low buy in and registration free tournaments and also a Professional league. APAT is superbly run and the future of poker. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    just a quick question m8 is it a team or can anyone join into it
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: APAT Season 4 Announcement:
    In Response to APAT Season 4 Announcement : Hi Dave I just registered up to APAT website, one question that I hope you can help me with, when does registration for the Welsh Championship open? Cheers Dylan
    Posted by dylan12
    Hi Dylan,

This is quite sensitive stuff to be on this Forum, which is financed by Sky Poker.

My advice would be to go to the APAT Website - everything is clearly laid out there.

Many of us - especially myself - are immensely proud of APAT, & what we have achieved, but iit's funded in two ways - by volunteer staff, fine, & by Online CardRooms. So there is some "conflict of interest" here, & we have to respect both the APAT Sponsor, & Sky Poker.

Solar has laid out his OP perfectly, he has noted that it's a little delicate. It's quite awkward for me, too, juggling two hats without compromising either role.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to APAT Season 4 Announcement : just a quick question m8 is it a team or can anyone join into it
    Posted by sarahando
    Hi Sara,

As Solar suggested, you need to go to the APAT Forum, they will answer all your questions.

And play your poker on Sky Poker. ;)
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: APAT Season 4 Announcement : Hi Dylan, This is quite sensitive stuff to be on this Forum, which is financed by Sky Poker. My advice would be to go to the APAT Website - everything is clearly laid out there. Many of us - especially myself - are immensely proud of APAT, & what we have achieved, but iit's funded in two ways - by volunteer staff, fine, & by Online CardRooms. So there is some "conflict of interest" here, & we have to respect both the APAT Sponsor, & Sky Poker. Solar has laid out his OP perfectly, he has noted that it's a little delicate. It's quite awkward for me, too, juggling two hats without compromising either role.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My Bad!!

Didn't even think mate - just got caught up in the whole thing - will zip up on the matter now though!!
    I appologise to the forum though - I just didn't think!!

Thanks for the Heads up Tikay

Dylan
  • Options
    sarahandosarahando Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: APAT Season 4 Announcement : Hi Sara, As Solar suggested, you need to go to the APAT Forum, they will answer all your questions. And play your poker on Sky Poker. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    thank you tikay will be playen the open tonite
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm deffo going to get more involved this year, couldn't make it to any events last year, deffo going to give the welsh championships a go next month and see how it goes from there. EDIT: Not sure why Sky wernt made the new sponsers, alot of online comps, and with alot of backroom staff involved in both sides, seems like it would make sense to me.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sky Poker made no attempt to be the new APAT sponsors - the sum of money that APAT secured from it's Sponsor for it's Membership (every single penny of the Sponsorship goes directly to the players) is colossal - well into 6 figures, for what is primarily an offline series.

There would be no commercial logic in Sky Poker spending that on a mainly Offline Series, they can ( and DO) spend that sort of money more effectively in-house in direct benefit to it's existing players, & the Sky Poker player-base would almost certainly - & correctly - be furious if Sky Poker spent that sort of money on offline Poker.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: APAT Season 4 Announcement : My Bad!! Didn't even think mate - just got caught up in the whole thing - will zip up on the matter now though!! I appologise to the forum though - I just didn't think!! Thanks for the Heads up Tikay Dylan
    Posted by dylan12
    No worries at all Dylan.

It's just a biit of an awkward one, for several of us here, (certainly not just me) who wear more than one hat.