You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

crazy

SHAUNYSHAUNY Member Posts: 508
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
hi tikay justt wanted to ask you about this hand,went to play some cash in luton last nite sat down at 9 seater  table £1-£2 blinds,startied hitting cards sat down with £150,i was big blind 2 other players called the £2 no raise i had pocket 3s and decided to raise it to £8 they both called,flop came down J Q 4 i bet £12 they both called turn came down 5 i bet £25 one of them folded  the other called,so at this moment there was rougthly over £100 pot and the river came a 2,i was never checking after betting every time so pushed all in £95 with an instant call...............he turned over 3 6,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i dont play that much cash,but i thought at a 9 seater table you would be playing with half decent cards,i know mine wernt great but i just cldnt believe what happened,and to round it off his name was bingo bill,you might know him as you play there often,tell me was i wrong in what i was doing,it hurt   ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    flopwit nutters are a worldwide phenomenon and contrary to popular opinion, are not actually confined to sky poker, try assuming that every table you play at has at least 67% nutters, just like America
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to crazy:
    hi tikay justt wanted to ask you about this hand,went to play some cash in luton last nite sat down at 9 seater  table £1-£2 blinds,startied hitting cards sat down with £150,i was big blind 2 other players called the £2 no raise i had pocket 3s and decided to raise it to £8 they both called,flop came down J Q 4 i bet £12 they both called turn came down 5 i bet £25 one of them folded  the other called,so at this moment there was rougthly over £100 pot and the river came a 2,i was never checking after betting every time so pushed all in £95 with an instant call...............he turned over 3 6,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i dont play that much cash,but i thought at a 9 seater table you would be playing with half decent cards,i know mine wernt great but i just cldnt believe what happened,and to round it off his name was bingo bill,you might know him as you play there often,tell me was i wrong in what i was doing,it hurt   ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by SHAUNY
    I find it very enlightening to watch the big cash tables when they show them on channel 865 and see how many "unorthodox" hands are played. If you play with "any 2" and you catch a draw you have surprise on your side.You were never going to put him on the straight and he stacked you. Food for thought.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited February 2010
    In Response to crazy:
    Posted by SHAUNY
    Lol, yeah, I know Bingo Bill very well, big bloke, long on brawn & short on something else. He's a legend. When he joins a cash Table, there's a stampede to get your name on the List, peeps pay £250 to buy a seat! But you never know where you are with him, & he once won a Tourney there. As did Rich Orford, which says it all I suppose......

Your play? Gutsy! Not sure I could play that hand quite so strong, to be honest, but fair pay to you for giving it a go.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    In Response to crazy:
    Posted by SHAUNY
    1,  Why raise PF with 33 OOP.  Check and hope to hit a set.  If you are gonna raise make it a proper one.  Like 20.  Cos no one is limp/folding live for 8.

2.  Bingo Bill is amazing.  I love him.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: crazy:
    In Response to crazy : 1,  Why raise PF with 33 OOP.  Check and hope to hit a set.  If you are gonna raise make it a proper one.  Like 20.  Cos no one is limp/folding live for 8. 2.  Bingo Bill is amazing.  I love him.
    Posted by scotty77
    how can you knock my hand but not his perfetic calling with nothing!!!  lol
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: crazy : how can you knock my hand but not his perfetic calling with nothing!!!  lol
    Posted by SHAUNY
    tell me was i wrong in what i was doing,it hurt 

and i play cash at luton at least a couple of times/week. raising 33 from the BB to such pointless amount is never ever gonna work out good for you unless you bink a set.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: crazy : tell me was i wrong in what i was doing,it hurt  and i play cash at luton at least a couple of times/week. raising 33 from the BB to such pointless amount is never ever gonna work out good for you unless you bink a set.
    Posted by scotty77
    fair enough!!!  over a course of time playing those hands you are not going to be winning.